What's new

India eyes $30 billion trade with Pakistan

Yes i am frm northeast.
N no i am not going to do what u r asking on a Pakistani forum.
U can find out urself if u r really interested.
Here is a hint for you. If you were Kashmiri from the valley, this situation for which you have look at the forum would have been a usual day in life. Why do you think there are people from north, northeast etc on this forum but we have never seen an Indian Kashmiri here.

You are holding some of it.

We are a secular country. Allowing religious folk concessions is generally a bad idea. Remember, there would be no separatism in kashmir without the religious issue.
I don't think separatism was a major issue till 90s. In 65 Kashmiri helped India against Pakistanis. Something messed up in 80s and 90s.
BTW, religion was omnipresent artifact.

Fair trade can be done in between both countries ....... But people like Nawaz (and other mafias) 100% destroyed the trust and faith on this trade................
Now it will take 20+ years to build trust and faith and then the fair trade ............. So in short not possible

He said despite many issues/ hindrances, the bilateral trade last year figured dollars 2.2 billion. The fact is that the trade potential on both the sides was more than 30 billion dollars per year.

We have disproportionately to gain from trading with India, too bad as all things this is just another political football.

Seconded

I don't know, why is it so hard for India to let go Kashmir Valley or part of it. Do it once and close this dispute for ever.

Conversely, why is it so hard for pak to forget Kashmir ? A rough balance sheet would indicate greater losses & no gains for Pakistan over the last Seven decades. Water which the root of the ' love' for Kashmir can be assured .

Trade is good however here i thought India had nothing to do with Pakistan. Isnt this the official policy of Modi government towards Pakistan, i.e to Ignore Pakistan completely? @SrNair @third eye @Joe Shearer

Read the first quote above.

The Indian diplomat has merely stated the value of potential trade, I wonder which part of it seems like "eyeing" to the author of the post in Daily Pakistan. Such assessments are routinely carried out by all business houses to gauge the value of the market in a given product.

When ignored, the value of trade is 2.2 bn, once ' looked at' the potential is way higher , thats all the diplomat says.

I am with you when you say trade is good. Maybe we need to park our Generals & Politicians for a while . Lahore is way closer to Delhi than it is to Karachi ( 1200 Vs 480 km). This in itself would indicate the lesser costs on virtually everything going by logistics alone. The industrial hub of Punjab is even closer.

But then, can we swallow or egos & put aside our ' pride' both of which have no value or relevance in today's world.

Not only should we not increase the trade we should end the trade we already have

The Indian diplomat has merely stated the value of potential trade, I wonder which part of it seems like "eyeing" to the author of the post in Daily Pakistan. Such assessments are routinely carried out by all business houses to gauge the value of the market in a given product.

When ignored, the value of trade is 2.2 bn, once ' looked at' the potential is way higher , thats all the diplomat says.

I am with you when you say trade is good. Maybe we need to park our Generals & Politicians for a while . Lahore is way closer to Delhi than it is to Karachi ( 1200 Vs 480 km). This in itself would indicate the lesser costs on virtually everything going by logistics alone. The industrial hub of Punjab is even closer.

But then, can we swallow or egos & put aside our ' pride' both of which have no value or relevance in today's world.

This is true that the diplomat is merely stating the potential of trade between the two countries but do note who is doing it? The diplomat. Diplomats follow the government line. They cannot just state opinions based on any potential no matter how lucrative it sounds in a hostile country without first getting a nod of some sort. This was the whole point i was referring too.
At one time on this very forum i was off the opinion that Pakistan needs to act smart and irrespective of our disputes, we need to invite India tycoons to invest in Pakistan. This way India too will have a stake in Pakistan and so would not want to push Pakistan beyond a certain point where it can threaten their investment. Why am i looking at it this way because India is bigger country compared to Pakistan. Their business tycoons can therefore be attracted and given equal opportunities in Pakistan without any conditions. Pakistan on its part will get investment which inturn creates new jobs, brings in revenue and boosts economy. We too will not want to jeopardize this by addressing Indian concerns.

You have a valid point. These brahmans are snakes.
True. As we consider non brahmin as dogs pr sub humans we dont generaly care about them

If you ever open trade with india i will personally sell with 2X profit margin in pakistan.

India should give Kashmir to Pakistan to create positive environment for improving trade.
This is the most funniest post in this forum. Pakistan can dream on for another century to get Kashmir. Seriously why would any country give away any land to other country!!! Remember the dams being built in Kashmir e.g. Kishanganga Dam. Does anyone in this forum calculated the cost of Dams alone being spent by India in Kashmir? We are damn serious about our state i.e. Jammu and Kashmir. We already have total control over Siachen. So Kashmir will always be part of India.

What is the total external trade of Pakistan now?

Seconded

Conversely, why is it so hard for pak to forget Kashmir ? A rough balance sheet would indicate greater losses & no gains for Pakistan over the last Seven decades. Water which the root of the ' love' for Kashmir can be assured .

I think both sides of peoples (indian and pakistani) have pride and ego and that Ego and pride interacts with a panoply of emotional and character flaws that create a multitude of situational outcomes.
From my experience, oppression, both inner and outer, feed egoism. Thus, a way to control an excessive ego may be the limitation of the oppression. Education has the potential to play a noticeable role towards this direction.

Stuff to import from India for solving power crisis..

Moving towards this direction, India has taken a “baby” step by softening its visa policy for Pakistan’s senior citizen and the children under age of 12 years and issuing visas on the humanitarian ground in some particular cases.

He makes no sense..none of this category is that of traders...or benefits trade by any means..there needs to be more facilities to business men.

Well, it has more to do with Kashmiri as well. If we had a situation in which Kashmiris were unanimously in favor of staying with India, then there was no question.

Back
Top Bottom