What's new

India eyes $30 billion trade with Pakistan

I don't know, why is it so hard for India to let go Kashmir Valley or part of it. Do it once and close this dispute for ever.
Why just part of kashmir,,,why not whole of north India(which has more similarity wid Pakistan thn rest of India),it will effectively put an end to this 70 yr drama n all of south asia will benefit :angel:

Exactly. I would say India should let go the whole of North India.
Exactly na rahega bans na bajegi bansoori

Why just part of kashmir,,,why not whole of north India(which has more similarity wid Pakistan thn rest of India),it will effectively put an end to this 70 yr drama n all of south asia will benefit :angel:
Well, to begin with, Leaving Kashmir valley no place in India is asking to secede. Kashmir was with India in 50s, 60s and 70s. Somehow from 80s and 90s, owing to AFSPA, they started to feel massively alienation. Also, Kashmiri are not wide spread in India and well integrated in Indian fabric. Unlike say Sikhs.

Interestingly, India also never attempted to integrate Kashmir or Kashmiri in India. 70 years of inaction has created an isolated community. But that also means a concentrated Kashmiri identity attached to their native land. It seems that political machinery of India was too busy in corruption and electioneering to integrate a vulnerable part into India, even at a people to people level. It was not that hard btw. Even now there are at most 2-3 million Kashmiri youth who could have been integrated into India, at a really low cost of 5-10 billion dollars each year. But that didn't happen. And I doubt it will ever happen.

It is simple: Kashmiri don't have much investment in India at any level. India only bit and chew Kashmir. It never swallowed it, let alone digest it. So, now the only solution is to spit it out. Let it go if you cann't keep it.

Well, to begin with, Leaving Kashmir valley no place in India is asking to secede. Kashmir was with India in 50s, 60s and 70s. Somehow from 80s and 90s, owing to AFSPA, they started to feel massively alienation. Also, Kashmiri are not wide spread in India and well integrated in Indian fabric. Unlike say Sikhs.

Interestingly, India also never attempted to integrate Kashmir or Kashmiri in India. 70 years of inaction has created an isolated community. But that also means a concentrated Kashmiri identity attached to their native land. It seems that political machinery of India was too busy in corruption and electioneering to integrate a vulnerable part into India, even at a people to people level. It was not that hard btw. Even now there are at most 2-3 million Kashmiri youth who could have been integrated into India. But that didn't happen. And I doubt it will ever happen.

It is simple: Kashmiri don't have much investment in India at any level. India only bit and chew Kashmir. It never swallowed it, let alone digest it. So, now the only solution is to spit it out. Let it go if you cann't keep it.
Lol,,,By ur logic India is doing worse in northeast,,looting our natural resources with near zero returns,n all the separatist movements here r justified.
Even Culturallu n historically we r much more apart thn kashmiris ever were.
So how about let us go before thinking of kashmiri bhayyas

Lol,,,By ur logic India is doing worse in northeast,,looting our natural resources with near zero returns,n all the separatist movements here r justified.
Well, if it keeps on going in a similar fashion, a similar story may repeat. That said, the current government for better or for worse, has started to look into it much thoroughly. Why do you think Naga peace accord was signed? Why do you think AFSPA has been removed from quite a few places in North East.

BTW, compared to Kashmiri, I will dare say north eastern folk have much deeper integration into India. In military, in sports, in jobs. Everywhere. How many times have you seen Kashmir Valley folks working in rest of India? North eastern folks are much more visible in India. Though they face discrimination outside their states at times, still there is no systematic 'us' vs 'them' feeling among North Eastern Indians and rest of Indians.

Last edited:
Well, if it keeps on going in a similar fashion, a similar story may repeat. That said, the current government for better or for worse, has started to look into it much thoroughly. Why do you think Naga peace accord was signed? Why do you think AFSPA has been removed from quite a few places in North East.

BTW, compared to Kashmiri, I will dare say north eastern folk have much deeper integration into India. In military, in sports, in jobs. Everywhere. How many times have you seen Kashmir Valley folks working in rest of India? North eastern folks are much more visible in India.
Ofcourse we r more visible definitely not becoz we r better integrated or anythng but coz of our physical appearence.
N kashmiris luk like othr northIndian ppl,,so i doubt ppl can really diffrnciate.
N btw thr definitely is a 'us vs thm' only thing missing is the jihad mentality

Ofcourse we r more visible definitely not becoz we r better integrated or anythng but coz of our physical appearence.
N kashmiris luk like othr northIndian ppl,,so i doubt ppl can really diffrnciate
No, both are visibly differentiable among Indians. Difference is in integration for a very separate reason. Kashmir has been a war-zone since '47. North east, not as much. In war-zone life is way more difficult. You usually want to move your away civilians from war-zone or move war away from your citizens -- something which India never did as far as Kashmir is concerned.

Ask yourself honestly, if you are a hardworking and earnestly studying person from Meghalaya, there is path for you to complete 10+2. You may even get preferential admission into a central university. You can move up the economic ladder.
In Kashmir, not as much. Your study will be disturbed by war. Each time you will come back in your summer break, you will witness war. It tempts and guilts a person into joining the war.

No, both are visibly differentiable among Indians. Difference is in integration for a very separate reason. Kashmir has been a war-zone since '47. North east, not as much. In war-zone life is way more difficult. You usually want to move your away civilians from war-zone or move war away from your citizens -- something which India never did as far as Kashmir is concerned.
Well thn u r just ignorant.

Well thn u r just ignorant.
Assuming you are from North east, tell me how many times in your life have you seen houses blown up by shell fire. Or blown to smoke out militants hiding. For how long has army been deployed in your city? Continuously? Kashmir has seen army continuously since '47.

so bjp and hindu exstremists will Accept this? Pakistan must take caution

Nice step .Trade and business can overcome hostility between the two nations if done on equal basis .

Assuming you are from North east, tell me how many times in your life have you seen houses blown up by shell fire. Or blown to smoke out militants hiding. For how long has army been deployed in your city? Continuously? Kashmir has seen army continuously since '47.
Yes i am frm northeast.
N no i am not going to do what u r asking on a Pakistani forum.
U can find out urself if u r really interested.

I don't know, why is it so hard for India to let go Kashmir Valley or part of it. Do it once and close this dispute for ever.
You are holding some of it.

We are a secular country. Allowing religious folk concessions is generally a bad idea. Remember, there would be no separatism in kashmir without the religious issue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom