Reaction score
Country
China
BBC News - Arvind Kejriwal: 'India could break up if corruption not tackled'

Arvind Kejriwal: 'India could break up if corruption not tackled'

25 February 2014 Last updated at 00:07 ET
_73197671_73197670.jpg

Arvind Kejriwal: "Indians are not allowed to prosper in their own country"

India could break apart if it doesn't tackle corruption in its political system, the leader of its newest party has warned.

Arvind Kejriwal of the anti-corruption Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) told the BBC that politicians were to blame for India's frequent communal riots.

The AAP has said it will fight the forthcoming general elections.

The party made a spectacular debut in recent Delhi elections and spent 49 days in power before Mr Kejriwal quit.

Mr Kejriwal resigned after an anti-corruption bill was blocked in the Delhi assembly.

He told the BBC's Andrew North in an exclusive interview that it was corrupt politicians who were ultimately responsible for the country's regular outbreaks of communal violence.

He said if corruption was not tackled the country would not survive - and millions of Indians would remain poor and illiterate.

"Indians are first class people suffering third class governance. If you go abroad, to America or to London, you will see Indians shining in their areas. But in their own country they are not allowed to prosper," Mr Kejriwal said.

"My job is to change the governance system so India can shine."

Mr Kejriwal said he didn't want to be prime minister, but he declared himself an "anarchist on a mission to shake up the Indian system".

Mr Kejriwal has attracted growing criticism for what's seen as his populist, headline-grabbing style, says Andrew North.

Just six weeks after becoming Delhi's chief minister he resigned, with many saying he simply used the position as a platform for the spring general elections.

This man is either a super genius himself, has a revolutionary political strategist in his pocket or is an absolute idiot. The way he pulled off the resignation stunt, i am very keen to see how it plays out for him. It can either prove to be a master stroke or an idiotic move altogether.

Last edited:
India will ultimately break up - you don't need a Kejriwal or genius or a strategist to predict ..the obvious ..

This man is either a super genius himself, has a revolutionary political strategist in his pocket or is an absolute idiot. The way he pulled off the resignation stunt, i am very keep to see how it plays out for him. It can either prove to be a master stroke or an idiotic move altogether.

The guy is an idiot looking for constant media attention ... sometimes he says communalism is the problem and sometimes curruption

This man is either a super genius himself, has a revolutionary political strategist in his pocket or is an absolute idiot. The way he pulled off the resignation stunt, i am very keep to see how it plays out for him. It can either prove to be a master stroke or an idiotic move altogether.
See, when you have nothing to lose, you can try totally disruptive tactics without any fear.. Which can go either way.. But one thing is undeniable... He is going to irreversibly change the face of Indian politics

India will ultimately break up - you don't need a Kejriwal or genius or a strategist to predict ..the obvious ..
In the long run we are all dead...

When India breaks up I want to have the bit that lies on the western coast with a river nearby :D

I have heard Tulu girls are pretty ....So I think I will grab that piece of earth. :enjoy:

The guy is an idiot looking for constant media attention ... sometimes he says communalism is the problem and sometimes curruption

I also commented on his emotional decision of resigning, HOWEVER, if you read this statement carefully (specially @Star Wars ), you will notice that he is talking about communalism when he said

"India could break apart if it doesn't tackle corruption in its political system, the leader of its newest party has warned.

Arvind Kejriwal of the anti-corruption Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) told the BBC that politicians were to blame for India's frequent communal riots.",

Now read again and try to understand it was the same communalism which took toll on subcontinent, then East Pakistan . He is NOT much wrong that this political corruption aka communal politics of India is sowing seeds of hatred and which ultimately give rise to separatist sentiments.

I also commented on his emotional decision of resigning, HOWEVER, if you read this statement carefully (specially @Star Wars ), you will notice that he is talking about communalism when he said

"India could break apart if it doesn't tackle corruption in its political system, the leader of its newest party has warned.

Arvind Kejriwal of the anti-corruption Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) told the BBC that politicians were to blame for India's frequent communal riots.",

Now read again and try to understand it was the same communalism which took toll on subcontinent, then East Pakistan . He is NOT much wrong that this political corruption aka communal politics of India is sowing seeds of hatred and which ultimately give rise to separatist sentiments.

The dude is only talking nonsense on the orders of queen bee Sonia Gandu ... That is why suddenly is communalism as corruption is more related to Congress ...

hahahaha....
good analysis milady.......
but anyway...no body gives a damn.....what he says....:lol::lol:

The dude is only talking nonsense on the orders of queen bee Sonia Gandu ... That is why suddenly is communalism as corruption is more related to Congress ...
hahahaha....
good analysis milady.......
but anyway...no body gives a damn.....what he says....:lol::lol:

Well your wish whether to take his statements seriously or NOT But i was merely pointing out some facts :)

Well your wish whether to take his statements seriously or NOT But i was merely pointing out some facts :)

Congress is responsible for the communal politics , their Demise will lead to a more peaceful society

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom