What's new

India completes propulsion system design of its new cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’

Its imporant for the belligerants in South Asia to have balance as it would prevent aggressive action. I believe the best strategy for the US is to maintain balance between India and Pakistan.

the best strategy will be to maintain balance b/w India, China, pakistan also by that logic...

so as per your logic
China===India
Pakistan===India, so
China===Pakistan. So this is what u want/mean... good...

the best strategy will be to maintain balance b/w India, China, pakistan also by that logic...

so as per your logic
China===India
Pakistan===India, so

the best strategy is for India and Pakistan to come to an agreement on cutting destabling offensive weapons such as the Brahmos. Or share the technology so there is parity. Such as the U.S. has offered to do on strategic missile defense with Russia. The best option though would be to come to a peace agreement on Kashmir. Can you honestly say there has ever been a full hearted attempt at it?

the best strategy is for India and Pakistan to come to agreement on cutting destabling offensive weapons such as the Brahmos. Or share the technology so there is parity. Such as the U.S. has offered to do on strategic missile defense with Russia. The best option though would be to come to a peace agreement on Kashmir. Can you honestly say there has ever been a full hearted attempt at it?

dear...

India is not in any comparison with Pakistan ....period..
India is looking at the world level....

p.s:cant discuss kashmir here...let there be another thread for it....

dear...

You completely missed what I was trying to say. This hair trigger cold war you have going with Pakistan. Is much more dangerous then India seems to want to admit. India may enjoy a numerical advantage. Mix that with extreme nationalism on both sides. And you have a recipe for disaster. Let me ask you this.

How long do you think it will take once India has the T-50UB in numbers along with Hypersonic Brahmos II and the many other weapons systems it is working on. before its starts thinking it is so powerful it can settle Kashmir by force and there isn't much Pakistan can do about it?

enough said!

the best strategy is for India and Pakistan to come to an agreement on cutting destabling offensive weapons such as the Brahmos. Or share the technology so there is parity. Such as the U.S. has offered to do on strategic missile defense with Russia. The best option though would be to come to a peace agreement on Kashmir. Can you honestly say there has ever been a full hearted attempt at it?

No it isn't. Even if kashmir is acceded to Pakistan, arms race isn't going to stop in sub continent because both share inherent hatered for each other that is hierarchically bounded to their respective DNA's.

Sooner or later, India is going to field space with their laser gun array or modify it on transport aircraft or make an EMP missile and that will greatly alter balance in sub-continent in India's favor.

Even then i am not convenienced India will attack Pakistan but it surely will refrain Pakistan from favouring LeT or JuD.

You completely missed what I was trying to say. This hair trigger cold war you have going with Pakistan. Is much more dangerous then India seems to want to admit. India may enjoy a numerical advantage. Mix that with extreme nationalism on both sides. And you have a recipe for disaster. Let me ask you this.

How long do you think it will take once India has the T-50UB in numbers along with Hypersonic Brahmos II and the many other weapons systems it is working on. before its starts thinking it is so powerful it can settle Kashmir by force and there isn't much Pakistan can do about it?

enough said!

No u r wrong..India will not use force to settle Kashmir.....but if terrorist strikes continues, then it can attack...(no terrorist strikes====no attack. India will attack only if provocated beyond patience..)

What about China? How to keep up with it?
Besides, nukes are last resort, Pak knows it. They would think a million times before going for it, under worst situation.

The focus on China is Taiwan and East Asia. Its role in South Asia is to ensure that India does not completely dominates Pakistan, which should be the policy of the US.

The US is also selling weapons to Taiwan that would make it too costly for China to invade Taiwan. To make China think three and four times before use military against Taiwan. So US is also maintaining a form of balance between Taiwan and China. But the idea of balance is to make it too difficult for China to invade Taiwan in this case.

so as per your logic
China===India
Pakistan===India, so

The military concern for US on China is its ability to attack Taiwan. Not how China affect Pakistan and India. The issue between India and Pakistan is an independent issue between the issue of China and Taiwan. The US will ensure that the 7th fleet and Taiwan itself would make difficult for China to attack Taiwan. So Taiwan is the focal point of US/China military concern. After that, its Korean Pennesula, then Iran, and maybe South China sea.

So India/Pakistan relationship is not in the top 3/4 military issue between US/China, as this should be something to be worked out between US and China. Also, US knows that China's role in the South Asian region is to maintain control of Tibet. Not to move beyond Tibet itself.

dear...

p.s:cant discuss kashmir here...let there be another thread for it....

I do not believe that country should compare and contract. The focus of foreign policy should be to handle security and provide peace for trade and development. Since many attacks on India came from Pakistani territory based terrorists and there is Kashmir. Pakistan should be India's focus. To me, security of India from further terror attack should be the primary focus of India.

The military concern for US on China is its ability to attack Taiwan. Not how China affect Pakistan and India. The issue between India and Pakistan is an independent issue between the issue of China and Taiwan. The US will ensure that the 7th fleet and Taiwan itself would make difficult for China to attack Taiwan. So Taiwan is the focal point of US/China military concern. After that, its Korean Pennesula, then Iran, and maybe South China sea.

So India/Pakistan relationship is not in the top 3/4 military issue between US/China, as this should be something to be worked out between US and China. Also, US knows that China's role in the South Asian region is to maintain control of Tibet. Not to move beyond Tibet itself.

I accept ur point that india-pakistan is not the main topic of discussion btwn USA-CHina...they have more imp issues such as Taiwan and deficit and all other economic stuff..

But i think..

so as per your logic
China===India
Pakistan===India, so

this post ws posted in response to some pakistanis feeling that china will contain india in a india-pakistani scenario..

in a india-pakistan war scenario ,i guess china will never interfere directly..yes.they will provide weapons and diplomatic support to pakistan...but no direct intervention...coz that will definately lead to global crisis...and more importantly..india-china trade is so huge that china will not try to harm that....

I accept ur point that india-pakistan is not the main topic of discussion btwn USA-CHina...they have more imp issues such as Taiwan and deficit and all other economic stuff..

But i think..

this post ws posted in response to some pakistanis feeling that china will contain india in a india-pakistani scenario..

in a india-pakistan war scenario ,i guess china will never interfere directly..yes.they will provide weapons and diplomatic support to pakistan...but no direct intervention...coz that will definately lead to global crisis...and more importantly..india-china trade is so huge that china will not try to harm that....

I agree about China not interfering. The one country that can prevent India from totally taking over Pakistan is the US. If India indeed have the capability to do it. That say if India can do it and choose to do so, I can see UN pass a resolution doing "whatever necessary" to ensure that India does not take over Pakistan completely.

I agree about China not interfering. The one country that can prevent India from totally taking over Pakistan is the US. If India indeed have the capability to do it. That say if India can do it and choose to do so, I can see UN pass a resolution doing "whatever necessary" to ensure that India does not take over Pakistan completely.

Do u seriously think that?we have soldiers who strapped bombs and blew indian tanks in 1965?
You think we wont do somethig crazier ??india never had domination over us in anywar.....history speaks itself.

Do u seriously think that?we have soldiers who strapped bombs and blew indian tanks in 1965?
You think we wont do somethig crazier ??india never had domination over us in anywar.....history speaks itself.

History speaks for itself alright, you just need to listen. Did you forget how we captured 90,000 of your soldiers and liberated Bangladesh in '71?

Did you forget how Pakistan didn't have the courage to admit that the soldiers fighting in Kargil were its own?

If that isn't domination I don't know what is.

Stick to the topic and get your facts straight, in any case this thread is about a missile, not how crazy you are.

History speaks for itself alright, you just need to listen. Did you forget how we captured 90,000 of your soldiers and liberated Bangladesh in '71?

Did you forget how Pakistan didn't have the courage to admit that the soldiers fighting in Kargil were its own?

If that isn't domination I don't know what is.

Stick to the topic and get your facts straight, in any case this thread is about a missile, not how crazy you are.

who lost his airforce in 71(air battle domination)???

pu,,ys always fight under cover of proxy civil wars and trains
(mutki bhani) for years? and sit in ussrs LAP ?
in kargil how many indian died and how many air crafts u lost to rag tag mujahedeen and paramilitary?
Who lost his arse in 65 and went to UN for a cease fire to save his arse in tashkent?
who ran to UN in 48 for a cease fire to save its burning backside in 48 and promised a solution to KASHMIR? in return for a cease fire>?
who lost his arse in 62?
If u watch too much zeeeeeeee

I do think he should have any concern about India's Hypersonic missile as US is only about to test one. Which means that even Russia or Europeans has yet test one. It would take decades for India to develop one. However, India might obtain one sooner from the US. So I think the best way for India to obtain a hypersonic cruise missile is to get one from the US. But as I suggested above, what ever offensive weapon US provide India, US should also provide Pakistan to preserve balance between these two countries.

ur wrong dude the lab test for the hypersonic missile rocked booster has been successfully conducted in 2008 may 13 so my guess 2012 it will be ready .......... get ur info updated dude...............
Hypersonic BrahMos Cruise Missile Tested Successfully | India Defence
:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom