What's new

India completes propulsion system design of its new cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’

Getting back to Nirbhay "propulsion system design". The issue obviously was the development of a miniaturized turbojet to power a 2.5-3.5 ton missile for a sustained power/ cruise flight. I had always hoped that PTAE-7 (from lakshya PTA) would have worked as a solid development basis. It seems this crucial issue has been solved. In my view, this paves the way for large number of homegrown systems in related spheres. A huge potential that I foresee is future HALE/MALE UAV/ UCAV's. IMHO, a major step for DRDO.

Yes. Lakshya have potential to be a cruise missile. We need longer duration version of PTAE-7 engine. But Nirbhay looks like totally new project all together.

This is great news for our missile capability ambitions. thanks for the updated. Jai Hind!

India has always been non-aligned,.
Yeah and russians were ur maternal uncles?USSR
during the cold war we were closer to the USSR than the US
Whose talking about cold war ?
While Pakistan was firmly in the US + China camp.
China wasnt a super power like USSR?

It was superior weaponry from the US that gave you the superior kill ratio in the air in the 1965 war. However, it matters not if your airforce is qualitatively superior if your ground forces are shoddy. Aircraft never took or held any ground.
1950s sabre were supperior to USSRs gnats and migs?Who won 65?india?why dont u celebrate 65 if u won?

India has never gone to the UN for a ceasefire. Pakistan has.
If nehru was pakistani and in 65 pakistan went o tashkent?

Kargil had PA army regulars fighting alongside mujahideen.
There was only NLI and rag tag mujahedeen who werent even equiped with proper equipment even to fight cold.
Then Pakistani PM Nawaz Sharif said 4000 of 5000 fighting men were killed.
If nawaz claims 4000-5000 dead why did he make a deal and run to KSA?
And where are the thousands of bodies and why dont there families say anything?Unlike Ms.Gandhi who was giving statements that arthies or funerals are burning in every part of india?
Most of the Indian deaths were due to artillery fire and ineffective counter battery.
Arty wasnt used by mujahedeen:rofl:
They only had light mortars and u were using planes and arty
We lost in 1962 against the Chinese but China isn't Pakistan
Thanks atleast u admited our defeat even once.While most indians lie and say that chinese launched attacks and indian army was sleeping and killed thousands of chinese,etc.

Do you see what I mean? Pakistanis really believe their military was ever superior to the Indians.

They really believe it, with all their tiny little hearts.

Look at this retard..One indian says Pakistan had suppeior weapons the other moron says the opposite..........Go and get ur tiny and minute brain checked..........or come to pakistan they have free govt. hospitals

Have you ever taken a serious look at your signature...:
I have hope u can read?

it says..

You don’t die for your country you make the other man die for his country to win the war
whats so funny?
and Secondly it says...

KASHMIR YA SHAMSHEER??????

You don't have kashmir, so where is your shamsher???:bunny:
Lol are u a dumb retard?
Where is azad kashmir?and gilgit baltistan?is it situated in rajhistan?
Fudgin hilarious:rofl:
Moronic trolls

**** it, this guy is an idiot.

Obviously now that I can't be bothered writing an essay to refute his idiotic claims, he'll say that he was actually right.

Look at this retard..One indian says Pakistan had suppeior weapons the other moron says the opposite..........Go and get ur tiny and minute brain checked..........or come to pakistan they have free govt. hospitals

What? I said your military was always weaker relative to the Indian military?

You did have superior aircraft though.

USN ships can't intercept a barrage of Brahmos strikes.

Why does guys from India like to bring up Brahmos as if its one of a kind and that nothing can stop it. The truth is that US has the respond to Brahmos in Evolved Sea Sparrows RIM-162 ESSM. Actually, many countries had purchased this missle. Trust me, there is nothing that India military can fire that US cannot intercept. Also, US is currently testing rail guns and this would be easier and cheaper to deploy on ships against any adversary.

The role of the US is not to counter India as US seek friendship with India. However, its in the interest of the US to maintain balance between India and Pakistan.

U S and PRC are both usiing pakistan to stunt indias growth potential though i would not blame them since we have very able netas in our own country to do their dirty work for the sake of a few dollars

Why does guys from India like to bring up Brahmos as if its one of a kind and that nothing can stop it. The truth is that US has the respond to Brahmos in Evolved Sea Sparrows RIM-162 ESSM. Actually, many countries had purchased this missle. Trust me, there is nothing that India military can fire that US cannot intercept. Also, US is currently testing rail guns and this would be easier and cheaper to deploy on ships against any adversary.

The role of the US is not to counter India as US seek friendship with India. However, its in the interest of the US to maintain balance between India and Pakistan.

It is in the US's interest to prop up the Pakistani military, as long as it is in Afghanistan. After that, mm, not really. GoUS policies are under constant criticism because of its support of a known hive of international terrorism.

Please explain, how are rail guns going to defeat supersonic missiles.

About the ESSM. It says it can defeat supersonic targets. Even Mach 1.1 is supersonic, I'm wondering if it will be able to kill a manouvering missile approaching it at Mach 2.8.

The Shivalik class IN ships will have 8 Brahmos/Klub missiles, there is 12 planned ships in that class. Do you really think these 6 32 year old ships will be able to defend against that plus Su 30s with 3 Brahmos's strapped underneath it?

After the Shivalik class, there will be 7 Project17A class boats, I'm hoping these ones have the hypersonic Brahmos fitted.

No USN destroyer will be able to take 8 Brahmos's fired at it.

I'm not kidding myself, the USN would roll over the IN in the foreseeable future. But do not think that these 6 decommissioned ships will be a game changer for the PN. I don't even know if the ESSM will be fitted on them.

Dumb trolls **** it they cant even read

This is my passport picture:

9546e698813894234b3fe3c81fab27ee.jpg

ABM systems are really in their infancy and are the technology for future.Even the much touted barak of israel failed to defend a israeli ship against a modest hezbollah mortar attack a couple of years back whereas brahmos is top class and way out of any military powers to stop. That is the reason for slower induction since russians dont want such killers in such huge nos. in the hands of india. This is where nirbhay comes in and will be a game changer since it can be deployed in huge nos. having most of the capabilities of the brahmos and the option of upgrading.

ABM systems are really in their infancy and are the technology for future.Even the much touted barak of israel failed to defend a israeli ship against a modest hezbollah mortar attack a couple of years back whereas brahmos is top class and way out of any military powers to stop. That is the reason for slower induction since russians dont want such killers in such huge nos. in the hands of india. This is where nirbhay comes in and will be a game changer since it can be deployed in huge nos. having most of the capabilities of the brahmos and the option of upgrading.

Uhh we are inducting Brahmos in large numbers. 2000 are expected to be made, 1000 in Indian/Russian service. However as of yet, Russia hasn't inducted any themselves.

About the ESSM. It says it can defeat supersonic targets. Even Mach 1.1 is supersonic, I'm wondering if it will be able to kill a manouvering missile approaching it at Mach 2.8.

ESSM is a thrust vectoring mach 4+ missile.

Back
Top Bottom