What's new

India completes propulsion system design of its new cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’

Guess again... Its a long way from lab tested to actual testing. The brahmos missile was jointly developed with Russia so a lot of components were already tested. If India try to develop something totally independent, it will be a long way from lab test to actual missile. Good luck.

yes those components were for the bhramos I the supersonic...... the hypersonic missile is a new venture and its a whole new ball game and more over thanks for the compliment LOL :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: once again agni series is india's.. akash........ prithvi........ and we do develop our own and donot reverse engineer ( or to be precise copy others tech/ steal ) :china:

The Shivalik class IN ships will have 8 Brahmos/Klub missiles, there is 12 planned ships in that class. Do you really think these 6 32 year old ships will be able to defend against that plus Su 30s with 3 Brahmos's strapped underneath it?

After the Shivalik class, there will be 7 Project17A class boats, I'm hoping these ones have the hypersonic Brahmos fitted.

well the "total 12 planned" includes the project 17A as well as Project 17. There are twelve planned under Project 17 inclusive of 17A and "possibly" 17B in future. However there were reports that the delay with Project 17 may have caused the navy to look at other options (such as possibility of another 3 talwar class as was reported in 2008 & 2009). Also, I believe that it would do this country a world of good if we order atleast half of the "17A's" from other countries to hasten the induction process. MDL/ GRSE are still not capable of high rate of shipbuilding under IN's stated requirements.

Uhh we are inducting Brahmos in large numbers. 2000 are expected to be made, 1000 in Indian/Russian service. However as of yet, Russia hasn't inducted any themselves.

According to wikipedia, its highly unlikely that Russia would deploy them. The reason given is because of the mismatch in configuration on the Russian ships. However, as Russians are the ones who helped developed Brahmos, I'm certain they have something else up their sleeves.

The russians already have the yakhont which is similar to the brahmos.Anyway unconfirmed reports suggests that the missile will be subsonic in the first stage but will use ramjet in the last 100-150 km or so to make it supersonic and supermaneuvarable just before hitting taget. It is to be produced in mass nos. comparable to the american 'Tomahawk'

Back
Top Bottom