What's new

India China war in October again?

How many of you seriosly think China can remain a good nation or was good nation?:sniper:

i seriosly think it was never a peaceful nation. HELL Nver!:sniper:

[...]

Well, i think India should improve it's relations with china and same goes to china.:smitten:

I love watching the Indian armchair generals getting all fired up about this, only to realize their impotence against China, and then pretending to be all nicey nice. :rofl:

So Did i ever said, US is good place?:no:

Then why do you live there and hide behind their flag?
Are you, perhaps, an ABCD (American Born Confused Desi) Guy? :cheesy:

The Indian private media does not speak for the Indian government.

Wrong.
RAW-influenced Indian media is an integral part of the Indian government propaganda machine.

The standard procedure is to float trial balloons through the media to gauge public reaction, and then calibrate official policy accordingly.

In matters of foreign affairs, the media starts a false hysteria, then, based on public reaction, diplomats either downplay it or show "concern", and the Indian lobbies in foreign countries go with the flow.

China knows that very well.

Everybody knows of the relationship between Indian media and government.

I don't think there would be a war between china and India . For both countries costs would be huge and catastrophic and it would plunge whole world into endless conflict and war and would in all probablity result in continuation of US hegemony .However if there is war US will not want to side with India . It would support India only as much to avoid its disintegration but it would want that India losses the war so that India is drawn completly in thier camp as juniour partner .

My dear, India is never a threat to US stand, the only threat is CHINA , and So USA will do anything to disintegrate China , and That is the major reason Why India and USA signed Arms Treaty.... USA sees India as a worthy partner.... A conflict will result in a huge loss on both the sides... So its always better to play diplomatically as Both China and India can do a seriouse damage to each other...

I think the original report, and the Bharat Verma prediction, are both bogus, at least in their timing. Nobody in their right mind will start a war in such high altitude terrain in the middle of winter.

There will be increasing tension between India and China, but both countries will fight indirectly by supporting insurrection in each other's territory. Death by a thousand cuts strategy.

Any one speaking Od INDO-CHINA war here? Well.... I dont think that is ever Gonna happen... There are disputes happening here in Sikkim and Arunachal pradesh, and There are News about China Training Terrorists To Weaken India. Well well Well They cant attack India and Nor Can India attack China.. Just a simple example why china hates India.

As India becomes urbanized many families will choose to sell or borrow against their land so that they can start businesses, buy apartments, or provide education opportunities for their children. India is at the beginning of a gradual migration that is being driven by the development of high-end manufacturing and other sunrise industries that will require a vast pool of semiskilled and skilled labor. This migration will create an increasingly urban India that is expected to attract more than 200 million rural inhabitants to urban centers by 2025, primarily in what are known as secondary or "B & C" cities.

This transition will facilitate the sale of land holdings by an estimated 30 million farmers and 170 million other individuals indirectly tied to the agricultural sector. The sale of these holdings is expected to generate more than $1 trillion in capital by 2025. This capital will have a multiplier effect on the Indian economy that could exceed $3 trillion. The development of the mortgage-backed security and asset-backed security markets, driven by financial institutions like Citigroup (C), will create the liquidity required to free up this capital.

ITS OBVIOUS THAT INDIA WILL BE A SUPER POWER, CHINA HAS TO DO SOMETHING NOW TO STOP OUR GROTH, THEY ARE DOING ALL THEY CAN..

YES MANY ABUSE ME, ABUSERS ARE WELCOME, CAN DISAGREE WITH ME, BUT TRUTH REMAINS AND IAM HAPPY

May i have the honor to be the your first abuser ? just kidding.

I don't think there is going to be a war between China and India.

But i like to congrate you Indians for your future 2025 succes!!

:smitten::pakistan::china:

May i have the honor to be the your first abuser ? just kidding.

I don't think there is going to be a war between China and India.

But i like to congrate you Indians for your future 2025 succes!!

:smitten::pakistan::china:

Haha, Buddy, and Moreover , Chinese and Indian trade relationship is getting better and better tat will result in a peacefull growth I guess. :smitten::smitten::smitten:

And grey boy,

As I gave a suggestion to the Indian jingoists, here is my another suggestion to your Chinese government. China will gain much upper hand if she releases a press briefing just before the war that China's goal is to liberate the Muslims, untouchable Dalits, Tribals and Shudras of India. Chinese victory will be confirmed.

I am in a neutral position.

Since you are in a neutral position tell me how China can attack explain me

I always wonder why our **** neighbors always want wage war against us.!!!!!!:blink:
---------"If you win u dont need to explain ,if u loose u should not be there to explain":taz:

and how's the Gorshkov Aircraft Carrier Deal going?
$1.2 Billion for a renovation and the price is still moving higher, money well spent on some craps for Indian ppl to get high with?

Actually it is not about Gorshkov .We need to pay them for the 2 akula's we are leasing from them right.We are paying them undercover through the gorskhov deal

But even then we didn't invest 800 billion dollars in the enemies bonds
800 billion $~1.3 billion $ does not match

Actually it is not about Gorshkov .We need to pay them for the 2 akula's we are leasing from them right.We are paying them undercover through the gorskhov deal

800 billion $~1.3 billion $ does not match

What enemy? with a $20.4 Billion surplus just in July alone,you want to call such trade partner an enemy? And with all these surplus in Dollars and China pretty much can produce anything by its own, is there any other more solid and low-risk channel to invest than US bond?

filling the bottomless stomach of some Russian weapon mongers? I guess not

Last edited:

Actually the Chinese plan is long term.

Current phase is to prop up the US economy artificially and use their debt-driven consumerism to build Chinese industrial capacity. Once the Chinese domestic market is strong enough and the Chinese economy becomes self-sustaining, then they move to the next phase.

In that phase, the Chinese policy reverses dramatically, and the Chinese economic power and financial leverage will be used to systematically dismantle US economic strength.

What enemy? with a $20.4 Billion surplus just in July alone, it's hardly to call such trade partner an enemy right?

Trade is not a barrier to war.It is a big misconception. Being the largest trade partners did not stop Germany from invading france in World war 2.You will only be having trade as long as U export to USA.
If they are not your enemies. Why are they interfering in Taiwan?

And with all these surplus in Dollars and China pretty much can produce anything by its own, is there any other more solid and low-risk channel to invest than US bond?
You buy the US bond to keep the dollar high and Yuan low .Who is going to buy your goods if the Yuan appreciates ?

Beijing’s dollar trap

By Peter Garnham

Published: July 30 2009 17:19 | Last updated: July 30 2009 19:00

New role for renminbi?China is caught in a dollar trap that has prompted a concerted effort to “internationalise” the renminbi and promote its use outside the country.

Fears over the value of China’s massive dollar holdings, accumulated over the past decade as the country pursued an aggressive policy of export-led growth, have been the trigger for the move.

The market’s focus thus far during the financial crisis has been on China’s call for less dependence on the dollar as a reserve currency and repeated calls for the US to avoid debasing its currency through aggressive monetary and fiscal easing.

But many analysts believe China’s calls for a change to the international monetary regime – earlier this year it suggested using the International Monetary Fund’s special drawing right as a reserve currency – are merely a distraction.

Indeed, China has little incentive to talk down the dollar and such calls are regarded as little more than pleas to the US authorities to keep their finances in check.

Simon Derrick, at Bank of New York Mellon, says China is not in a position to sell a significant portion of its dollar holdings in the open market without causing considerable damage to itself. This means that it must explore a number of different short- and long-term strategies to deal with the problem.

“Developments this year indicate that China now believes that its best long-term strategy is to increase the international role of the renminbi, including its use as a reserve currency,” he says. “This might be the first signal that China is now considering a potential timetable, presumably over years rather than months, for moving towards capital account convertibility.”

It is no wonder the Chinese are concerned about their exposure to the US.

China announced its foreign exchange reserves, the world’s largest, had risen by a record $178.3bn to $2,130bn in the second quarter. Although the exact breakdown of the stockpiles is a secret, analysts estimate that 65-70 per cent are held in dollars.

The largest increase in reserves was in May, when the dollar weakened sharply as Treasury yields in the US rose. Fear of a weaker dollar contributed to inflows to China, sparking offsetting intervention by the Chinese authorities to stem strength in the renminbi.

Clearly more dollar weakness – it hit its lowest level against a basket of six leading currencies this week – is not in China’s interest. Qu Hongbin, chief China economist at HSBC, says this has prompted Chinese policymakers to rethink the root causes of the “dollar trap” they find themselves in.

“There is a growing consensus in Beijing that one of the fundamental reasons the country has fallen into this trap is that its own currency is not yet an international currency,” he says.

This means Chinese exporters and importers have to rely on the dollar for invoicing more than 70 per cent of the country’s $2,600bn annual trade flows.

With China’s exports surging nearly 30 per cent annually from 2002 to 2007, and government controls on overseas investment by domestic corporations and households, most of the dollar receipts can be recycled out of the country though just one channel: the central bank’s reserve accumulation.

“To find an ultimate solution to this issue, apart from gradually loosening controls on capital outflows, Beijing has realised that it is time to push the internationalisation of the renminbi,” says Mr Qu.

Mr Qu says this move is long overdue, given China’s rising economic power relative to the limited use of the renminbi overseas.

China’s nominal gross domestic product topped $4,300bn last year and is estimated to reach $4,700bn this year, implying that China may overtake Japan as the world’s second-largest economy in 2010. HSBC says China was already ranked as the world’s third-largest trading country last year, and is likely to overtake Germany as the world’s second-largest trading nation by the end of this year.

In order to kick-start the process of internationalisation, China has begun an ambitious scheme to raise the role of the renminbi in international trade and finance and reduce reliance on the dollar.

Earlier this month, China announced a pilot initiative that expanded settlement agreements between Hong Kong and five big trading cities, including Guangzhou and Shanghai.

On top of this, to provide seed money to its trading partners, this year the People’s Bank of China has signed a total of Rmb650bn ($95bn) in bilateral currency swap agreements with six central banks: South Korea, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, Belarus and Argentina.

HSBC says China is still in talks with other central banks to form additional swap agreements and was likely to expand them to cover all the country’s trade with Asia, excluding Japan.

This would be followed by an expansion to take in other emerging market countries, including those in the Middle East and Latin America, that needed renminbi to pay for their imports of Chinese manufactured goods.

Mr Qu believes the process of internationalising the renminbi may be quicker than many expect, estimating that more than half of China’s total trade flows, primarily bilateral trade with emerging market countries, are likely to be settled in renminbi in the next three to five years.

“This means that nearly $2,000bn worth of cross-border trade flows would be settled in renminbi, making it one of the top three currencies used in global trade,” he says.

But not all analysts believe that China can solve its dollar dependency so quickly.

Indeed, Marc Chandler at Brown Brothers Harriman describes China’s efforts so far in providing currency swap lines as a “drop in a bucket” compared with its trading volumes.

He says China’s dollar dependency is a problem of its own making, given that its reserve accumulation has sometimes been larger than its trade surplus as it sterilises foreign direct investment and speculative inflows into the country.

“I don’t see how use of the renminbi, even if it could be foisted on other countries would solve any of China’s problems,” says Mr Chandler.

He says a more flexible currency will help the Chinese authorities avoid painting themselves deeper into a corner, but it will not change China’s competitive position very much, given the way it really competes is cheap labour costs. I think the talk of international monetary regime change and the renminbi as an invoicing currency is largely political posturing.”
FT.com / Currencies - Beijing?s dollar trap

filling the bottomless stomach of some Russian weapon mongers? I guess not
Oh Common they served both of our countries well for 60 years.Ask your armed forces

Last edited:
Actually the Chinese plan is long term.

Current phase is to prop up the US economy artificially and use their debt-driven consumerism to build Chinese industrial capacity. Once the Chinese domestic market is strong enough and the Chinese economy becomes self-sustaining, then they move to the next phase.

Everything is fine in theory but no one can beat the western consumer in demand for goods..All it did was giving it Industrial overcapacity
In that phase, the Chinese policy reverses dramatically, and the Chinese economic power and financial leverage will be used to systematically dismantle US economic strength.

Japan thought the same way in the 1980's .Don't underestimate the US they can deliver the sucker punch offguard

Back
Top Bottom