What's new

India, China show great progress in ending poverty: World Bank

Chinese trolls are mortally scared for the F-word (freedom). One slip, and its off to the gulags for them.

They only know the G-spot (GDP).

Its called reeducation centres in China, there are some cases where victims had been kept in mortuary for 3 years for reeducation program.

and you dont post what I dare you for...

I can do that for whole day ... this is called freedom 50 cent gentleman...

you showed who's dumb@ss here...

Damn, guess IQ 82 is not there for nothing, you just don't do childish act like to "dare" someone regarding XYZ on the internet, its plain stupid since you just don't know who you dealing with, it will be like i accuse you as an "online gay" looking for attention, "i dare you to prove me wrong", will you take my "DARE" seriously? boy on boy, btw, "NEW to the internet"?:lol:

Damn, guess IQ 82 is not there for nothing, you just don't do childish act like to "dare" someone regarding XYZ on the internet, its plain stupid since you just don't know who you dealing with, it will be like i accuse you as an "online gay" looking for attention, "i dare you to prove me wrong", will you take my "DARE" seriously? boy on boy, btw, "NEW to the internet"?:lol:

I don't know his IQ but am sure either you are retarded or dimwit. I can bet on this

I don't know his IQ but am sure either you are retarded or dimwit. I can bet on this

Will you kindly label me as a "genius" instead if i post "36% scientists in NASA are Indians"?:lol:

Will you kindly label me as a "genius" instead if i post "36% scientists in NASA are Indians"?:lol:

No.never...dimwits cannot become genius, whatever may happen. Intelligence is in genes. You seem not have that. It is good that you have chosen a correct profession for a living.

These threads are stupid. China isn't more impressive in reducing poverty than say US or UK.

When US and UK industrialized, the industrialized world was relatively small, the goods available also small.

When China started to industrialize, we benefited from the US and UK leading the way.

When India started to modernize, India benefited from China leading to way.

India benefited the same way China benefited, except China benefited from UK and US, while India from China led boom that also included US UK.

Hence why trade from 1500s, didn't really reduce poverty but it did today. Today we can harvest more from same number of land, produce more from the same size factory, invest more because we have more capital.

You can't compare it when it is different. The poverty may be the same but the environment is no longer the same.

No.never...dimwits cannot become genius, whatever may happen. Intelligence is in genes. You seem not have that. It is good that you have chosen a correct profession for a living.

Yo!...Always wanted to ask you about the pic in your Avatar...Is it the famous comedian ZH??

ok ok.. I know it's life & death for you so let it go...

now dont cry like a girl & write everything you learn from your family... you know better about gays ut seems...lol

errr... may be he got good presence of mind but he cannot post anything out of script given to him... damn it's creapy to even think ....

Number of undernourished people in India down 6.5%: FAO

NEW DELHI: India, the world's second biggest wheat and rice grower, saw the number of people who suffered from chronic hunger drop by 6.5 per cent to 21.38 crore during 2011-13, according to a joint report by UN food agencies.(It's roughly 16% of India's population. I do not know wherefrom some claim it's 50%):rofl:

During 2008-10, as many as 22.86 crore people were undernourished in the country, it said.

"Despite the progress made worldwide, marked differences in hunger reduction persist... The vast majority of hungry people live in developing regions." said the report by Food and Agriculture Organization, the International Fund for Agricultural Development and the World Food Programme.

At the global level, some 84.2 crore people in 2011-13 suffered from chronic hunger, not having enough food for an active and healthy life. Their number has fallen by 4 per cent from the 2008-10 level, it said.

Most of the world's undernourished people are still to be found in Southern Asia, closely followed by sub-Saharan Africa and Eastern Asia, the report said.

It underlined that economic growth is key for progress in hunger reduction. "But growth may not lead to more and better jobs and incomes for all, unless policies specifically target the poor.

"In poor countries, hunger and poverty reduction will only be achieved with growth that is not only sustained, but also broadly shared."

The report also stressed that the developing regions as a whole have made significant progress towards reaching the target of halving the proportion of hungry people by 2015.

The report has urged countries in these regions "to make considerable and immediate additional efforts" to meet the millennium development goals.

Rice and wheat production in India stood at 104.40 million tonne and 92.46 million tonne in 2012-13 crop year (July-June).

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/indicators/number-of-undernourished-people-in-india-down-6-5-fao/articleshow/23604040.cms?intenttarget=no

India's undernourishment rate is 17 % which is lower than Pakistan's 17.2 % but higher than China's 11-13 % .

India's poverty rate is 32.7 % in 2010 (World Bank) which is lower than most Sub-Saharan African countries. India may have higher absolute numbers in poverty but that is because our population of 1.2 billion is much higher than the Sub-Saharan African population.

Everything else that some of our "neighbours" like to spew here is lies and deceit which the world knows they are very good at.

India's undernourishment rate is 17 % which is lower than Pakistan's 17.2 % but higher than China's 11-13 % .

India's poverty rate is 32.7 % in 2010 (World Bank) which is lower than most Sub-Saharan African countries. India may have higher absolute numbers in poverty but that is because our population of 1.2 billion is much higher than the Sub-Saharan African population.

Everything else that some of our "neighbours" like to spew here is lies and deceit which the world knows they are very good at.

It's now at 22% @$1.25(PPP) per day per person.Even,UN accepted India's poverty line which maintains International standard.

Back
Top Bottom