What's new

India, China, & Sarah Palin

The Republicans only flirted with centrist policies because of the anti-Bush mood in the last election, and to try and wean voters away from the Dems.

After Obama's failed term, the Republicans will take a hard right back into familiar territory, partially to neutralize the Tea Party. That means Mitt "cleft-chin" Romney as their front man, possibly with Huckabee in tow.

Palin will lead the Tea Party crowd, and the Dems will put forth Obama (assuming Hillary can be contained).

It will be an interesting matchup...

Obama vs Pawlenty seems to be the match up for now, the only reason Mitt Romney cannot attack Obama on the Healtcare reform, since Obama's healthcare reform which is based of his reform in Massachusetts when he was Governor.

Obama is likely to win, because his ratings are decent and he keeping the big money amused and planning to amass Billion dollar campaign.

Sarah Palin will not contest, she is radio-active, and does not have support in Republican intellectual circles other than throwing RED MEAT to party faithful she hardly demonstrated any policy acumen. But still she is CROWD PLEASER and can attract attention.

Even the idiots from Hollywood earned far more than Palin, so they are all smart, right?

Sorry, the attention whore isn't my cup of tea.

No one who makes millions is not an Idiot in my book, they may not be Genius.. but certainly not Idiots (and yes that goes to Charlie Sheen too..), She is doing what she is doing to make a good fortune, and hey dont we all do it in our own ways.

No one who makes millions is not an Idiot in my book, they may not be Genius.. but certainly not Idiots (and yes that goes to Charlie Sheen too..), She is doing what she is doing to make a good fortune, and hey dont we all do it in our own ways.

In an old Chinese proverb: "Sometimes the idiots can be damn lucky."

In an old Chinese proverb: "Sometimes idiot can be damn lucky."

Perfectly fine. If that is what you want to label her in simplistic way fine, None of her acheivements are not earth-shattering but none of them are trivial .. running for Mayor and running a city as Mayor and running for Governor and defeating an incumbent while becoming Governor.. these are not traits of just lucky.

I am not a fan of Sarah Palin, but she does have story and body of work that beats an average Chinese or Indian Keyboard jockeys' on a Pakistani forum.

Obama vs Pawlenty seems to be the match up for now, the only reason Mitt Romney cannot attack Obama on the Healtcare reform, since Obama's healthcare reform which is based of his reform in Massachusetts when he was Governor.

Obama is likely to win, because his ratings are decent and he keeping the big money amused and planning to amass Billion dollar campaign.

Sarah Palin will not contest, she is radio-active, and does not have support in Republican intellectual circles other than throwing RED MEAT to party faithful she hardly demonstrated any policy acumen. But still she is CROWD PLEASER and can attract attention.

Hillary was the party favorite and this smooth-talking guy came out of nowhere and bulldozed her campaign. Palin is a very dangerous loose cannon for the Republicans.

The only way Obama will win is if the Repub vote is siphoned off by the Tea Party. I haven't followed US politics for a while, so I can't speak for Pawlenty. I think Romney is the likely shoe-in for their nomination - he ticks all the right boxes for the conservatives and still managed to win governership in a liberal state like Massachusetts. Being a Mormon may piss off some bigots, but most Republicans will go for him. The Republicans will also make a massive effort to integrate the Tea Party.

A Romney-Palin ticket would blow Obama-Biden out of the water.

Perfectly fine. If that is what you want to label her in simplistic way fine, None of her acheivements are not earth-shattering but none of them are trivial .. running for Mayor and running a city as Mayor and running for Governor and defeating an incumbent while becoming Governor.. these are not traits of just lucky.

I am not a fan of Sarah Palin, but she does have story and body of work that beats an average Chinese or Indian Keyboard jockeys' on a Pakistani forum.

Well, Obama would die of happiness if Palin could run the 2012 election. You Palin cheerleaders just wait and see what would happen. :coffee:

Hillary was the party favorite and this smooth-talking guy came out of nowhere and bulldozed her campaign. Palin is a very dangerous loose cannon for the Republicans.

The only way Obama will win is if the Repub vote is siphoned off by the Tea Party. I haven't followed US politics for a while, so I can't speak for Pawlenty. I think Romney is the likely shoe-in for their nomination - he ticks all the right boxes for the conservatives and still managed to win governership in a liberal state like Massachusetts. Being a Mormon may piss off some bigots, but most Republicans will go for him. The Republicans will also make a massive effort to integrate the Tea Party.

A Romney-Palin ticket would blow Obama-Biden out of the water.

Obama is certainly vulnerable and that is why he is moving to center and making sure he does not image of partisan. In the mean time people of Tea party like Scott Walker with their Union busting campaigns have re-invigorated the Democratic base, who are now more active and activist than during the 2010 elections,

Romney might as well be the contender, but even though he is backed by the Republican bosses, his Mormon religion and his Health care reform are to two things that would haunt him in the Republican primaries, and he did not win in any of the Southern states which are the "conservative" bastions.

The chances are more for Palin running for the top of the ticket than anyone picking her for VP, one they do not want to be overshadowed by her, and defend her record and image than attacking Obama.

Well, Obama would die of happiness if Palin could run the 2012 election. You Palin Cheerleaders just wait and see what would happen. :coffee:

May be you lack attention to detail, no one is cheerleading Palin, but again if you have selective amnesia all the power to you.

Elections are won by the center, not the base. Obama has lost the center -- the Reagan Democrats are squarely in Palin territory. His failed term is not Obama's fault -- everybody knows he inherited the mess, but people are not fair. What can I say?

Palin will bring in the core base, but she is also popular with the suburban housewives. Contrary to your earlier claim, taking on the teachers' union is a very popular position. Most parents demand accountability from their chidlrens' schools; they don't appreciate being blackmailed by the teachers' union. Palin sucks at foreign policy, but she has an excellent intuitive grasp of domestic politics.

Romney brings an air of respectability and gravitas to the campaign, and he is likable enough not to alienate anybody too strongly. That's why I think a Romney-Palin ticket is a winner.

Elections are won by the center, not the base. Obama has lost the center -- the Reagan Democrats are squarely in Palin territory. His failed term is not Obama's fault -- everybody knows he inherited the mess, but people are not fair. What can I say?

Palin will bring in the core base, but she is also popular with the suburban housewives. Contrary to your earlier claim, taking on the teachers' union is a very popular position. Most parents demand accountability from their chidlrens' schools; they don't appreciate being blackmailed by the teachers' union. Palin sucks at foreign policy, but she has an excellent intuitive grasp of domestic politics.

Romney brings an air of respectability and gravitas to the campaign, and he is likable enough not to alienate anybody too strongly. That's why I think a Romney-Palin ticket is a winner.

Lets agree to disagree. The Regan Democrats are the ones who are re-examining the Republican party and its current Union busting tactics. Some of whom who have voted for Republican ticket over a generation feel threatened by willingness of Republican party to score idealogical brownie points.

Never say never in politics, but it is remarkable to see so few people declaring their candidacy when the Republican primaries are due this December.

I want a Palin presidency.

It will be so interesting, so fun, so unpredictable.

May we all live in interesting times (A Chinese proverb)! ;)

It will be back like Bush times :lol: ... even better.

Yep, I miss it. Some new adventure every day in some new part of the world.

He changed the world forever. You got to give it to that guy.

Back
Top Bottom