What's new

India cancels plans to buy 48 Mi-17 V5 helicopters from Russia

Good decision.

India should focus on locally build helicopters...

Hal druv - over 450 helicopters
Hal LuH - 3 - in production
Hal LCH - 3 - in production

Target achieved to develop above helicopters and the next target should be to replace mi17 helicopters with below one.

Indian Multi Role Helicopter​

But how long will it take to have a type ready for introduction comparable to the Mi-17?? Sorry if you feel offended, but given all last experience, this won‘t happen before 2048?!

It was reported that Indian Airforce also suggested to MOD that India should consider indigenous route for avionics upgrade of SU 30 MKI. This is because of the sanctions crippling the electronics supply chain that Russia depends on. The only alternative for Russia now is Chinese electronics for critical components. This is not good for India.

I expect that the helicopter decision may also be related to this. But as far as I know, India may still have to depend on Russia for engines. This is especially the case SU 30 upgrades 🤔

If India agrees west can help westernize its Russian fleet making them more capable and non reliant on Russia.

If India agrees west can help westernize
Wouldn’t cost be a major factor?
Western world is not engaged in any charity. They will always make their profit. Look at Rafale deal.
Comparable products have a huge price difference. India can’t afford one to one replacement.
Would India want to go for this shift, may be the second factor. Geopolitical considerations factor-in, in keeping Russia on its side.

Third factor is reliability of supply partner. US hasn’t been one to anyone. Pakistan has already suffered on this count. US is more than ready to drop the sword of sanctions on anyone and everyone.

All in all it is a complex issue and wouldn’t be that easy to shift.

Wouldn’t cost be a major factor?
Western world is not engaged in any charity. They will always make their profit. Look at Rafale deal.
Comparable products have a huge price difference. India can’t afford one to one replacement.
Would India want to go for this shift, may be the second factor. Geopolitical considerations factor-in, in keeping Russia on its side.

Third factor is reliability of supply partner. US hasn’t been one to anyone. Pakistan has already suffered on this count. US is more than ready to drop the sword of sanctions on anyone and everyone.

All in all it is a complex issue and wouldn’t be that easy to shift.

Till now time have proven that west sees India as it's strategic ally while Pakistan was just tactical ally, so it's possible that west will transfer some tech to India to keep cost low and till India is against China no issue of cutting of supplies from West. The Rafales India purchased are expensive but the kick bags make them that expensive.

And why should I talk about something that titillates you, when there are other fairly serious defence issues to be discussed and narrated? Have you even a clue as to what topics have held my attention? Were you present when I was discussing these with people with ten times your know-how and your insights?

I have never claimed any glory. Only a dunderheaded fool would think that, or suggest that. As for suggesting glory, when @Tejaswithuttam gives you volumes of solid data and information, why are you not to be found, not to be seen, not to be heard? Can you tell him that a single one of his claims is untrue, or that you can bring its match to the table?

There may be a universe full of things that you don't understand. What does that have to do with the rest of creation?

What is your question? You had nothing relevant to ask, other than projecting a three year gap that never existed.

Your pariticipation is at middle school level, and I can hardly be held responsible for that, or for responding in kind.
Ok let me rephrase it for you or I'll spell it out if you have difficulty reading, wasn't it you people who used to claim pre 27/2 that IAF was the best and used to present your "supposed facts" just like you do now but on the day you were challenged all your arguments and claims went out the window and now you yourself claim there were short comings.

So my question to you sir is if you accept you were wrong in your earlier assumptions pre 27/2 what is your lots credibility to make new claims now we know you all claim with your facts just lile you used to before but how that went out the window we all know that as well so you are just a bunch wannabe experts who don't know sh!t and make claims that your force can't even upheld.

Considering your username, I understand your post is in character. It does take real guts to be this cringey and self flagellating.

One skirmish, despite your opinion on the outcome and actual participants does not invalidate the overwhelming (and growing) disparity between IAF and PAF — and I don’t even say this as a fanboy.

Your ACM saying “we will surprise you” in itself is a tacit admission of PAFs obsolescence in comparison. Because there’s really nothing much to show for except for re-painted Chinese fighters and a bailout/handout based economy + military industrial complex.

It’s also common sense of sorts. Pakistan just doesn’t have the ability to walk the talk. You’ve been regressing for a very long time now.

It shows.
Bringing in the economy when nothing else makes sense, very good argument thanks for you participation.

Last edited:
Ok let me rephrase it for you or I'll spell it out if you have difficulty reading, wasn't it you people who used to claim pre 27/2 that IAF was the best and used to present your "supposed facts" just like you do now but on the day you were challenged all your arguments and claims went out the window and now you yourself claim there were short comings.
No.

So my question to you sir is if you accept you were wrong in your earlier assumptions pre 27/2 what is your lots credibility to make new claims now we know you all claim with your facts just lile you used to before but how that went out the window we all know that as well so you are just a bunch wannabe experts who don't know sh!t and make claims that your force can't even upheld.
Since your assumptions are wrong, all your raving and ranting is pointless. Go home and relax.

Bringing in the economy when nothing else makes sense, very good argument thanks for you participation.
Some day, you might say something that even a dim-wit thinks worth thanking you for. Until then, this is the closest you will get.

Ahh....

The one day before, iaf also crossed the border and bomb - now it is a different discussion whatever it was a missed or hit. Probably missed.

But the 2nd story is - it was a complete failure of PAF... They were not in position to even engage during the time... But, later come up with the drama story that due to PAF, IAF aircrafts drop their bombs early and ran.

Now you will believe on your versions but your versions also has loopholes.

The next day, PAF was planned to attack with all the preparation - electronic aircrafts, awacs were backing to number of PAF fighters (15-20)

At the same time, indian awacs and most of the fighter aircrafts were at the ground... Only a few were patrolling 4-5 aircrafts at the air.

I do appreciate that IAF was able to engage during the short period of time but again, it was a matter of few minutes....

It was a smart decision to not chase the mirage fighter aircrafts because F16s were waiting inside pak with AA missiles with range over 110 km.

And due to silly babus and ministers, iaf was flying with average missiles with range 80 km and less.

It was like a super over ( 1 over) match, previous day IAF won and next day, PAF..... PAF was able to shoot down a mig 21 because it crossed the border and came into range of F16 fighter ( AA missile).. And exposed few loopholes which I already explained.
on the first day PAF had not retaliated because of multiple reasons they didn't know what was the impact on the ground they didn't know if it was a successful hit or not and they wanted to give a reasonable response not going overboard. The second reason was the presence of civil air traffic they didn't want to do an Iran.

Thankyou for highlighting the IAF's incompetence yet again, IAF had the element of surprise on the first day and on the second day even after our announcement of retaliation why do you make excuses that your IAF was not ready they didn't have the awacs etc well the reality is we said we will come and we bombed you in broad daylight and your force stood their did nothing that tells us everything we need to know of your IAF (incompetent air force).

Some day, you might say something that even a dim-wit thinks worth thanking you for. Until then, this is the closest you will get.
Till now time have proven that west sees India as it's strategic ally
Please drop that hypocrisy, right away. It was not about us that it was said that our country was ruled by a triumvirate, of which one was America. It is not our generals who are drinking buddies of the Pentagon bureaucracy. It is not our armed forces that were extensively armed and equipped by the US and by Britain, and even France, when you had money, or Germany, when you had credibility.

We got banned and sanctioned. You got Stinger missiles as retail agents to the CIA wholesale commission agency, and retained your commission in kind. You fought wars with excessively engineered equipment that you could not manage, while we made do.

When people act pious and pretend that they were not the lap-dogs of the Americans for decades, for most of their existence, and then point fingers at those whose policy has always been aligned to their own principles, it is a bit - stomach-turning, shall we say?

on the first day PAF had not retaliated because of multiple reasons they didn't know what was the impact on the ground they didn't know if it was a successful hit or not and they wanted to give a reasonable response not going overboard. The second reason was the presence of civil air traffic they didn't want to do an Iran.

Thankyou for highlighting the IAF's incompetence yet again, IAF had the element of surprise on the first day and on the second day even after our announcement of retaliation why do you make excuses that your IAF was not ready they didn't have the awacs etc well the reality is we said we will come and we bombed you in broad daylight and your force stood their did nothing that tells us everything we need to know of your IAF (incompetent air force).
Leave it and go home. You have nothing to say. Saying so over and over again does not breed approbation.

Remember the BrahMos fiasco which was so damn funny, it showed Porkis their worth and the fact which I’ve been saying for long time that Pakistani Military works only from 9 AM to 5 PM daily has been proved once again

The fact that BrahMos or any other missile can’t be fired during “maintenance” is something even porkis know, and all BrahMos will always remain armed with a warhead just in case and can be self destructed in case of a misfire, and the fact that Ghafoori Sena admitted that India is yet to issue a clarification during press conference and their sasta Tere Naam Moeed Chewsuf admitted that India took 2 days to issue a clarification is enough to tell that there were no backchannel talks regarding the launch, hence it was a deliberate launch to humiliate the hell out of Pakroaches

All these Porkistanis who dream of “Ghazwa-e-Hind” have their dreams shattered and now understand that India can fire a Nuclear capable supersonic missile at them, their military will just wait and watch, and India will issue a statement

Your F16 fleet is grounded due to non availability of spare parts from 🇺🇸...That's why you guys have opt for the Chinese J10Cs 😉
:lol: I really hit where it hurt with this one didn't i you showed your colors real fast LoL

And regarding intl humiliation remember the capturing of 93k slaves by Indian Armed Forces...And what was your airforce doing when we penetrated deep into the territory of Pakistan and bombed the hell out of JeM camp and went back safely without even getting a scratch on our back
Ohh you did get a scratch on your back the next day or rather i would say a scar :lol:

No.

Since your assumptions are wrong, all your raving and ranting is pointless. Go home and relax.

Yeah run from the question that's more like it.

Leave it and go home. You have nothing to say. Saying so over and over again does not breed approbation.
Yeah run from the question that's more like it.
There was no question. There is nothing to run from except an idiot who has an elevated idea of his own capacity to frame an argument.

To cover one lie, you have to tell several more lies ideally explains the Indians in their element.
To cover the humiliation and bewilderment, the IAF put up the so called Balakot strike formation consisting of a few SU-30s and MK2s.... and claiming that these were the aircraft that took part on 26/27 Feb.
Some one should ask and remind these idiots that did they go into battle with just these few aircraft in its inventory.
This was even worse attempt to fool Indians than the first attempt to cover up the loss of MiG-21... claiming that Abhinandan's aircraft had malfunctioned over India so he had to eject but his parachute drifted into Pakistan, the idiots forgot about how did his several ton MiG-21 also managed to drift into Pakistan as well. Once the video evidence surfaced, the Indians finally admitted to MiG loss but like a twisted Dogs tail, tried to cover up with pathetic claims of Shooting down an F-16. LOL.

This was even worse attempt to fool Indians than the first attempt to cover up the loss of MiG-21... claiming that Abhinandan's aircraft had malfunctioned over India so he had to eject but his parachute drifted into Pakistan, the idiots forgot about how did his several ton MiG-21 also managed to drift into Pakistan as well. Once the video evidence surfaced, the Indians finally admitted to MiG loss but like a twisted Dogs tail, tried to cover up with pathetic claims of Shooting down an F-16. LOL.
Apparently the same Science was applied one the
AMRAAM Logo.jpg
theory.

The exploded
Amraam (Aim-120).jpg
was found in India, but what it exactly hit has yet to be told to the Indian Public.

a42np3no_armed-forces-presser_650x400_28_February_19.jpg

[sabke shakallo pay aisa lag raha hai jaisay een ke maa-ji ke athma uuth gaee hai]

But how long will it take to have a type ready for introduction comparable to the Mi-17?? Sorry if you feel offended, but given all last experience, this won‘t happen before 2048?!

I am sorry but Hal LuH and Hal LCH... Not took 20-30 years... Both are ready for production within almost 10 years.

After building the infrastructure, do the next new project take more time?

Why are you assuming for 2048

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom