What's new

India cancels plans to buy 48 Mi-17 V5 helicopters from Russia

Why isn’t HAL license building these?
It would make sense considering the inventory and general experience and expertise on helicopters

Why isn’t HAL license building these?
It would make sense considering the inventory and general experience and expertise on helicopters
It would make a lot of sense, considering the dedicated facilities for helicopter building being put up at Tumkur (a town very close to Bangalore, very suitable for putting up such a plant due to proximity, available of resources, and trained personnel from HAL Bangalore being willing to shift). However, the current status is inexplicably that these are being designed de novo, to be built as heavy lift helicopters for joint Army and Air Force use, and for Naval use.

It definitely makes no sense not to be building these, but there may be Russian reluctance to let any of the Mil products being built outside.

Last edited:
Now the money is in the pocket due to deal cancelled. How will it be spent? Buy helicopters from someone else? Just make sure the money doesn't slip into someone's own bank account.

Not surprising he got banned, but what other kind of slapped was he going to be?
Forget about that...

I recall something you said to me last month on another Topic..., and I all I can say is that there has been an 'Izafa' in my respect for you, Sir.

Lets leave it at that.

Forget about that...

I recall something you said to me last month on another Topic..., and I all I can say is that there has been an 'Izafa' in my respect for you, Sir.

Lets leave it at that.
:partay: You know it was a joke.

Back
Top Bottom