What's new

India become No 1 ICC ODI rankings

how can 2013s ranking depend upon the record of 2010 and 11 ....the stats are good coz india performed well in 2011 but then past is a past the reality is they dont have that well record in 2012 plus its 2013 now so why you are jumping on stats that dont show you the true picture?
and last part was totally out of emotions...... shows how hard it took you to find something to prove your point .....duh
Bhai mere ye waali ranking system ka period ICC ka 2010 se start hai to kya hamari galti hai ?

The ranking is based on all the ODIs from 2010 up to NOW. Its so simple. Why are you so hell bent on proving even ICC wrong ?

I can't understand why are you so worked up about it ? Problem kya hai ?

India is untouchable at home , barring the Pakistani series which was lost 2 games to one .
Thats why they are the no.1 infact we are the world champs .

Frankly, as an unbiased fan, Pakistan is better than India in tests atm. No two ways about it. Our batting/ bowling and defensive mentality sucks in tests.

But in ODIs , even though we lost 1-2 to you guys, over the last 3 years, we are way better than Pakistan. Infact, people are saying we lost to 6th ranked team and now no.1. Well, I would say, yeah we lost to Pakistan, but beat the no.1 team England back to back. So its kinda balancing act. Also, Sa lost to a poor Kiwi team. So Indians should actually thank New Zealand :woot:

thats why i said in one of my previous post that these rankings can change in matter of few days if SA beats NZ which probably they should and eng wins against india ..... at other part look no one is denying that india played well in 2010-11 and nobody is taking 2011 wcup credit away from you guys .... i seriously think that you guys have a very strong batting line-up in sub-continent conditions my point is just that the rankings based upon yearly basis should bank upon that particular years performance and not what a team did 2-3 years ago .... so we can do justice with the rankings

For a true cricket lover i would always want to see a justified team at the top may it be Pak, SA, india , aus whoever .... i am one of very rare guys who supported aus in one of a 50 over worldcup match against Pak and was criticized by many but being a true lover i knew my team was weaker at that time compared to aus .... i always loved gilchrist smashing bowlers .... i mean thats the way it is ...you got to admire the performance on the field and not the country or uniform

Bhai mere ye waali ranking system ka period ICC ka 2010 se start hai to kya hamari galti hai ?

The ranking is based on all the ODIs from 2010 up to NOW. Its so simple. Why are you so hell bent on proving even ICC wrong ?

Well its actually pretty simple. No matter whether it is 2012 or 2055. It is simply based on results of last three years (or 36 months) and applies to all the teams. And (like financial accounting ), each new year is considered to be from August in case of ICC(?) as the ODI championship maze is awarded that time of the year.

haha lets see who is a joke the people who hvent brag about the last series they won instead just mentioned it as a reference point or those who are still banking upon some 2007 and 2011 thing not only banking but bragging senselessly just to twist facts and hide their poor performance .....

why its so hard for you to accept facts ........few days back same people were abusing dhoni and team for loosing loosing and loosing and now same are turning their eyes away from facts just to justify something that doesnot seem to be pragmatic enough to rely upon

Dhoni has won the World Cup for us, thats the only thing that matters to me. If we now loose all the series until the next WC, dats completely fine with me.

And pls stop sulking, India is No. 1 in the rankings as per ICC, accept the fact and move forward instead of questioning it.

doesnot matter we already ruffled your team .....india at top or bottom doesnot give a sh!t to us as last series belong to us ....
And still it we who are world Champions ....It doesn't matter wether you won the Battle or not...The thing that matter is that who won the war.....

yar hud kardi ha tunay bhi...check what i said time and time again ...i said ranking should be yearly so true performance can be reflected and shouldnot base upon 2 or 3 years performance...rankings should be justified ...no team has a right to sit at the top with such poor performances may it be Pak or india as it turns it into a joke .....

if even Pak team would have been at the top after such performances i would have criticized them with same force as i am doing now ...believe me ........

thats why i said in one of my previous post that these rankings can change in matter of few days if SA beats NZ which probably they should and eng wins against india ..... at other part look no one is denying that india played well in 2010-11 and nobody is taking 2011 wcup credit away from you guys .... i seriously think that you guys have a very strong batting line-up in sub-continent conditions my point is just that the rankings based upon yearly basis should bank upon that particular years performance and not what a team did 2-3 years ago .... so we can do justice with the rankings

For a true cricket lover i would always want to see a justified team at the top may it be Pak, SA, india , aus whoever .... i am one of very rare guys who supported aus in one of a 50 over worldcup match against Pak and was criticized by many but being a true lover i knew my team was weaker at that time compared to aus .... i always loved gilchrist smashing bowlers .... i mean thats the way it is ...you got to admire the performance on the field and not the country or uniform

Well the scenario is like this:

1) No matter whether SA lose or win from now onwards against NZ, they can't be no.1 before Pak series. This is because, even if they win the rest of the matches, they gain just 1 point.

2) No other team (barring Eng/ind) can be no.1 till april 2013 (when SA will have a chance to retain it if they beat Pak).

3) So, from 1 and 2, if we can win next 2 matches (atleast 1 I think), then we are no.1 till March.

Dhoni has won the World Cup for us, thats the only thing that matters to me. If we now loose all the series until the next WC, dats completely fine with me.

And pls stop sulking, India is No. 1 in the rankings as per ICC, accept the fact and move forward instead of questioning it.

you are a mere o.oooooo1 percent outta total population ...sad part is many of your people think otherwise .....you cant represent your whole nation's or other cricket lovers view...

I mentioned my concern but you are the one who got emotional with what you said .....rest i have no intention to prolong such discussion....my point of view was simple and mentioned above...

And still it we who are world Champions ....It doesn't matter wether you won the Battle or not...The thing that matter is that who won the war.....

ahhhh again that thing ......mate check out my above post

India is untouchable at home , barring the Pakistani series which was lost 2 games to one .
Thats why they are the no.1 infact we are the world champs .

lol dont say this again as this will again make me to post the history once again and i am in no mood .....already tired

you are a mere o.oooooo1 percent outta total population ...sad part is many of your people think otherwise .....you cant represent your whole nation's or other cricket lovers view...

I mentioned my concern but you are the one who got emotional with what you said .....rest i have no intention to prolong such discussion....my point of view was simple and mentioned above...

You had a problem with my post when I wrote we own ICC.....and I wrote that to all those ppl who are finding it diff. to accept that India has become No. 1 in rankings.

You will do good, if you go to ICC website and understand how their ranking works. If you don't agree, pick up the phone and speak with them.

You had a problem with my post when I wrote we own ICC.....and I wrote that to all those ppl who are finding it diff. to accept that India has become No. 1 in rankings.

You will do good, if you go to ICC website and understand how their ranking works. If you don't agree, pick up the phone and speak with them.

haha mate when you summed it up in your previous post saying the bold part then heck why should i bother to waste my credit

yar hud kardi ha tunay bhi...check what i said time and time again ...i said ranking should be yearly so true performance can be reflected and shouldnot base upon 2 or 3 years performance...rankings should be justified ...no team has a right to sit at the top with such poor performances may it be Pak or india as it turns it into a joke .....
if even Pak team would have been at the top after such performances i would have criticized them with same force as i am doing now ...believe me ........
Bhai mere...you have to take into account the number of matches for that too. India plays most number of matches both home and away, so we may win more and loss at many. Now since no one comes to Pakistan, you play in away series.

To minimize this huge difference, the time period is extended so that this massive gap can be reduced. Do one thing, make a list of total ODIs played by India, Pakistan and all in year 2010, 2011 and 2012, in each year.

You are not taking into account many things especially from statistics point of view.

For a better conclusion, you need more data. Incomplete data or less data will mean nothing.

Lets say India plays 40 matches this year and Pakistan plays 25, would you consider it as fair no. of matches to compare ?

It shows how reflective these rankings are to ground realities.

Just a few days ago the Indian team was being crucified.

Crucified , slapped , thrashed , destroyed , kicked ... all these terms that you love using are not applicable to a 2-1 loss. And India is winning against England now , hence this ranking .

Btw, Pakistan was truly crucified by England a few days ago when they defeated you by 4-0. THAT is crucification.

Bhai mere...you have to take into account the number of matches for that too. India plays most number of matches both home and away, so we may win more and loss at many. Now since no one comes to Pakistan, you play in away series.

To minimize this huge difference, the time period is extended so that this massive gap can be reduced. Do one thing, make a list of total ODIs played by India, Pakistan and all in year 2010, 2011 and 2012, in each year.

You are not taking into account many things especially from statistics point of view.

For a better conclusion, you need more data. Incomplete data or less data will mean nothing.

Lets say India plays 40 matches this year and Pakistan plays 25, would you consider it as fair no. of matches to compare ?

for that you have percentages or ratios so why bother going into what you said ....matches and win/loss in those matches are calculated by ratio or percentage method a guys with simple mathematical knowledge can know this ....so at the end of the day you play more or less your win-loss ratio can come out with the same method .....

and for the bold part :disagree:

So you agree with that bold thing ?

agree or not is separate issue but atleast for now assessing the current scenario and the way things are twisting in favor of someone is making me to turn blind ..

Back
Top Bottom