What's new

India become No 1 ICC ODI rankings

agree or not is separate issue but atleast for now assessing the current scenario and the way things are twisting in favor of someone is making me to turn blind ..

Then you guys should stop complaining and learn to live with it because its not very far when ICC will officially become Indian cricket council. :rofl:

Crucified , slapped , thrashed , destroyed , kicked ... all these terms that you love using are not applicable to a 2-1 loss. And India is winning against England now , hence this ranking .

Btw, Pakistan was truly crucified by England a few days ago when they defeated you by 4-0. THAT is crucification.

but we clean swept the no1 test team i.e england what about that .......:azn:

and what about the way your team was crucified when you lost all test matches, odis and t20s in one single tour....you ddint manage to win even one ....now thats a true crucification

Then you guys should stop complaining and learn to live with it because its not very far when ICC will officially become Indian cricket council. :rofl:

lol everyone has a right to dream ....so can you .....its good to dream but indulging in it to such extent that when you wake up reality looks sore is definitely hurting ...

for that you have percentages or ratios so why bother going into what you said ....matches and win/loss in those matches are calculated by ratio or percentage method a guys with simple mathematical knowledge can know this ....so at the end of the day you play more or less your win-loss ratio can come out with the same method .....and for the bold part :disagree:
agree or not is separate issue but atleast for now assessing the current scenario and the way things are twisting in favor of someone is making me to turn blind ..
Wiun loss ratio is alone not sufficient. Yaar you guys don't know simple things which are easy if you apply common sense.

lets say we played 40 ODIs at home and away with top 5 to 6 teams, as many cricket boards want matches with India because it is profitable due to Indian audience. If Pakistan plays 20 matches, where 5 are with Bangladesh, you win against them, win ratio yours is greater but is it justified.

There are many variables one has to take into account, the number of matches, the ranking of opposite team, win ratio against better teams and worst teams, many other things.

FIrst check all the variables that are considered for this ranking system. Post them here then we will talk.

but we clean swept the no1 test team i.e england what about that .......:azn:

and what about the way your team was crucified when you lost all test matches, odis and t20s in one single tour....you ddint manage to win even one ....now thats a true crucification

lol everyone has a right to dream ....so can you .....its good to dream but indulging in it to such extent that when you wake up reality looks sore is definitely hurting ...

Tests ? We are talking about ODIs here.
The series India lost to England in England ? That was a long time ago and we defeated them the same way in india during the same season.

Don't divert from the topic.

Tests ? We are talking about ODIs here.
The series India lost to England in England ? That was a long time ago and we defeated them the same way in india during the same season.

Don't divert from the topic.

no the tour india lost in also contained 5 odis ....and then idnia lost in asia cup to bangladesh ....we lost to eng yes but we know our limitations and we didnt claim to be the best team out there ...even before Pak tour to india i wasnt rating Pak team ...

Wiun loss ratio is alone not sufficient. Yaar you guys don't know simple things which are easy if you apply common sense.

lets say we played 40 ODIs at home and away with top 5 to 6 teams, as many cricket boards want matches with India because it is profitable due to Indian audience. If Pakistan plays 20 matches, where 5 are with Bangladesh, you win against them, win ratio yours is greater but is it justified.

There are many variables one has to take into account, the number of matches, the ranking of opposite team, win ratio against better teams and worst teams, many other things.

FIrst check all the variables that are considered for this ranking system. Post them here then we will talk.

ahhhhhhh @KRAIT to be honest i dont wanna prolong that discussion ...... we hardly played against bangladesh btw the only match we played was in asia cup ....and i dont think other teams have played much with minnows compared to india ...and not to forget you are taking teams like bangladesh so lightly last time india also lost to bangladesh in asia cup .....that sums it up ....time to leave ....best of luck

Last edited by a moderator:
winners gonna win and losers will keep on hating...........

But most of us have criticized Indian team's performance against England and Pakistan in last 2-3 months. Though did better in current one day series against England.

@Mani2020 Well this is what I call typical face saving.

See when I talk on methodology, statistics, variables, you don't understand it. I know these things because I deal with these things on academic basis. How data is collected, what and which data should be collected, what should be size of the data etc. etc.

well when it comes to rational discussion, I generally see this behavior. Best of luck to you too. :D

@Mani2020 Well this is what I call typical face saving.

See when I talk on methodology, statistics, variables, you don't understand it. I know these things because I deal with these things on academic basis. How data is collected, what and which data should be collected, what should be size of the data etc. etc.

well when it comes to rational discussion, I generally see this behavior. Best of luck to you too. :D

k if this is the case let me catch you on that some other day...to be honest i really have no time to search for all the info right now.... and i am not the one to run ...you are over-thinking ....or placing your self at too higher of a position ....:what:

Crucified , slapped , thrashed , destroyed , kicked ... all these terms that you love using are not applicable to a 2-1 loss. And India is winning against England now , hence this ranking .

Btw, Pakistan was truly crucified by England a few days ago when they defeated you by 4-0. THAT is crucification.

Actually Crucified and (slapped, thrashed, destroyed, kicked) are two different things.

They were crucified by Indians only... We Pakistanis thought it was an entertaining series. The TERM is indicative of self-criticism not our criticism of them. Learn the MEANING of words before you allow them to cause you severe hypertension.

no the tour india lost in also contained 5 odis ....and then idnia lost in asia cup to bangladesh ....we lost to eng yes but we know our limitations and we didnt claim to be the best team out there ...even before Pak tour to india i wasnt rating Pak team ...

ahhhhhhh @KRAIT to be honest i dont wanna prolong that discussion ...... we hardly played against bangladesh btw the only match we played was in asia cup ....and i dont think other teams have played much with minnows compared to india ...and not to forget you are taking teams like bangladesh so lightly last time india also lost to bangladesh in asia cup .....that sums it up ....time to leave ....best of luck

You are diverting from the topic deliberately . Why were you talking about Pakistan's defeat of England in tests when this thread is about ODIs ?

Yes India lost to England in England in all formats but we did the same to them when they visited in India in the same season.Yes, India lost to Banlgadesh in Asia cup but we also defeated Pakistan in that tournament ? Forgot that ? :D

Actually Crucified and (slapped, thrashed, destroyed, kicked) are two different things.

They were crucified by Indians only... We Pakistanis thought it was an entertaining series. The TERM is indicative of self-criticism not our criticism of them. Learn the MEANING of words before you allow them to cause you severe hypertension.

You used the term crucification for India's 2-1 defeat to Pak in the last series and now are saying , Indians crucified them :cheesy: Not good .

You know the term was not correctly used by you so you are now disassociating yourself from it. It's okay , i understand.

You used the term crucification for India's 2-1 defeat to Pak in the last series and now are saying , Indians crucified them :cheesy: Not good .

No you understood it that way.

You get CRUCIFIED by criticism for bad performance. Indians were like pathetic team, pathetic captain, yeh change karo, isko hatao, coach change karo, no more IPL...

crucify - definition of crucify by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Definiton #4:

To criticize harshly; pillory: The media crucified the politician for breaking a campaign pledge.
@KRAIT... Musharraf sahi kehta hai!

@Awesome Bhai mujhe maaf karo. Main aaj Pakistaniyon ko samjhate samjhate dukhi ho gaya. Har jaah consppiracy theories. Ab to ICC ranking par bhi doubt.

ICC is Indian Cricket Council as Pakistani media say. Maine to haar maan li bhai. :D

Musharraf is Symbol of Truth and Honesty, Pakistan team is best team in the world and so on and so forth. :pakistan::cheers::mps:

@Awesome Bhai mujhe maaf karo. Main aaj Pakistaniyon ko samjhate samjhate dukhi ho gaya. Har jaah consppiracy theories. Ab to ICC ranking par bhi doubt.

ICC is Indian Cricket Council as Pakistani media say. Maine to haar maan li bhai. :D

Musharraf is Symbol of Truth and Honesty, Pakistan team is best team in the world and so on and so forth. :pakistan::cheers::mps:

I was referring to the horrendous misunderstanding based on my usage of the word Crucify. Musharraf sahi kehta hai, baat ki samajh nahi hoti lekin agay barh barh ke iskadar bolte hain jese uss topic pe PhD karke aye huay hon.

I was referring to the horrendous misunderstanding based on my usage of the word Crucify. Musharraf sahi kehta hai, baat ki samajh nahi hoti lekin agay barh barh ke iskadar bolte hain jese uss topic pe PhD karke aye huay hon.
:D Thoda dusre threads par bhi aa jaao, log kaise kaise question pooch rahe hain. Laptop todne karne kar mann kar aayega. :lol:

its the work of relative authorities to see whats going wrong.... my point was based upon the recent performance of indian team ...they lost , lost and then it took them just two matches win to top the chart .....anyhow leave it

Dude.. Look up the calculation logic to calculate the rankings and point faults in that instead of anecdotal "It doesnt feel right, so it must be wrong" (Specially since it takes India to the top ) :)

Here.. Let me help you a bit

Each team scores points based on the results of their matches.
Each team's rating is equal to its total points scored divided by the total matches played. (Series are not significant in these calculations).
A match only counts if played in the last three years.
Matches played in the first year of the three-year limit count one-third; matches played in the second year count two-thirds; matches played in the last year count fully; essentially, recent matches are given higher weighting.
To determine a team's rating after a particular match:
Determine the match result (win, loss, or tie)
Calculate the match points scored:
If the gap between the ratings of the two teams at the commencement of the match is fewer than 40 points, then:
The winner scores 50 points more than the opponent's rating
The loser scores 50 points fewer than the opponent's rating
Each team in a tie scores the opponent's rating
If the gap between the ratings of the two teams at the commencement of the match is more than or equal to 40 points, then :
The winner, if it is the stronger team, scores 10 points more than its own rating
The winner, if it is the weaker team, scores 90 points more than its own rating
The loser, if it is the stronger team, scores 90 points fewer than its own rating
The loser, if it is the weaker team, scores 10 points fewer than its own rating
The stronger team in a tie scores 40 points fewer than its own rating
The weaker team in a tie scores 40 points more than its own rating
Add the match points scored to the points already scored (in previous matches as reflected by the Table) and determine the new rating. However, matches(and the points) which do not lie in last three year range will have to be removed.
Points earned by teams depend on the opponents ratings, therefore this system needed to assign base ratings to teams when it started.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom