What's new

India activates 'secret' undersea missile

Are you seriously implying that Pakistani Military is bothered by missile tests? You already have more than enough nuclear arsenal to send whole of Pakistan to hell.
It is simply a series of revenge seeking strikes from border forces of both sides. The time of taking Kashmir back has gone past, way long ago.

First of all, I can't believe that Pakistan can be so immature that they will attack Indian posts just for revenge. Are you kidding me?? Pakistan is indeed trying to being Kashmir back on the world stage. The new Indian developments are making Pakistan's policy makers nervous. I see it escalating in the future. I think its actually good if Kashmir comes back to highlight. I actually support Pakistan on this, because it will help solve the issue and kick start the economic development process.

First of all, I can't believe that Pakistan can be so immature that they will attack Indian posts just for revenge. Are you kidding me?? Pakistan is indeed trying to being Kashmir back on the world stage. The new Indian developments are making Pakistan's policy makers nervous. I see it escalating in the future. I think its actually good if Kashmir comes back to highlight. I actually support Pakistan on this, because it will help solve the issue and kick start the economic development process.

Oh you should believe that. You should also try to understand that Indian Forces are also so "immature" for attacking posts "just" for revenge. You should try talking to an IA officer, preferably deployed in Pakistan-specific deployment areas, he will clear out your doubts. Have you read about this incident?
Late in January, 2000, seven Pakistani soldiers were alleged to have been captured in a raid on a post in the Nadala enclave, across the Neelam River. The seven soldiers were allegedly tied up and dragged across a ravine running across the LoC. The bodies were returned, according to Pakistan, bearing signs of brutal torture.
More: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistans-war/270147-atlantique-incident.html#post4621484

Pakistan cannot get Kashmir back, but certainly they are not going to let it go too. I assure you, this series of events is not related to Pakistan getting anything, just think yourself, how would killing soldiers help us get back Kashmir on world stage?

India need to get the K15 into the experimental Arihant and test fire missiles from this experimental sub first before doing anything. And why would I call Arihant an experimental sub? Because a real SLBM subs won't have just 4 launch tubes. Even the first US SSBN, the George Washington Class sub has 16 launch tubes.

I don't know why Indians in here and Indian media do not regard this as a test sub as how it should be classified.

India need to get the K15 into the experimental Arihant and test fire missiles from this experimental sub first before doing anything. And why would I call Arihant an experimental sub? Because a real SLBM subs won't have just 4 launch tubes. Even the first US SSBN, the George Washington Class sub has 16 launch tubes.

I don't know why Indians in here and Indian media do not regard this as a test sub as how it should be classified.

You would call it an experimental or technology demonstrator because you are confused.

Arihant is neither, it will have atleast two more sister vessels before moving on to bigger vessels, however it is the first Indian nuclear sub..how many launch tube did first American nuclear sub USS Nautilus carry?

It is a baby boomer at best!!

You would call it an experimental or technology demonstrator because you are confused.

Arihant is neither, it will have atleast two more sister vessels before moving on to bigger vessels, however it is the first Indian nuclear sub..how many launch tube did first American nuclear sub USS Nautilus carry?

It is a baby boomer at best!!

Nautilus is not a SSBN. It was a converted SSN back in the 50s.

I already answered it in the parenthesis. Assuming that an all-out first strike disables the land-based nuclear arm of the Indian Strategic Forces, the only remaining credible response would come from the Navy, which has to be something bigger than K-15. As I said, worst case scenario.

You are missing something. All Indian Missiles are not static land based missile. Brahmos and Prithvi family are mounted on mobile launcher. So in worst case scenario also, they will survive. (Just for Information:Just Prithvi II is launched with 1 ton payload at 350 KM distance.)

You are missing something. All Indian Missiles are not static land based missile. Brahmos and Prithvi family are mounted on mobile launcher. So in worst case scenario also, they will survive. (Just for Information:Just Prithvi II is launched with 1 ton payload at 350 KM distance.)

The term "worst case scenario" itself suggests the worst things could get. So there is no will/can/should survive.

Both BrahMos and Prithvi have not been deployed with Nuclear Warheads. And the I'm doubtful about the figures you quoted from the Indian Media about Prithvi-II's recent test. Is there an official DRDO release which mentions these figures? Because last time I check, Prithvi-II had 250km range with 500kg payload.

The term "worst case scenario" itself suggests the worst things could get. So there is no will/can/should survive.

Both BrahMos and Prithvi have not been deployed with Nuclear Warheads. And the I'm doubtful about the figures you quoted from the Indian Media about Prithvi-II's recent test. Is there an official DRDO release which mentions these figures? Because last time I check, Prithvi-II had 250km range with 500kg payload.

Extending your logic, why can't we assume that all sea based weapons were also destroyed?

I do not know about Brahmos but I read about Nuclear Prithvi at Numbers of places. I read that at the time of Kargil war India had kept some prithvis ready with N warhead.

I read a Russian expert quoting at the time of Brahmos test that now missile has achieved sub strategic capability with new Russian system. Yes but that do not automatically imply that India has equipped Brahmos with N- weapon.

The Hindu has quoted 350 KM range from DRDO sources. I think you will shortly find the news on DRDO website also. Though they have not quoted Payload, I read in the morning that Prithvi II is going to be tested with 1 ton Payload with 350 KM range.

Extending your logic, why can't we assume that all sea based weapons were also destroyed?
Because currently Pakistan does not possess any means to destroy, say, an SSBN in the Indian Ocean or Bay of Bengal for that matter. (too much talk about the future)

The Hindu has quoted 350 KM range from DRDO sources. I think you will shortly find the news on DRDO website also. Though they have not quoted Payload, I read in the morning that Prithvi II is going to be tested with 1 ton Payload with 350 KM range.

I honestly doubt that, it was an exercise. Anyway, lets wait for official press release.

I do not know about Brahmos but I read about Nuclear Prithvi at Numbers of places. I read that at the time of Kargil war India had kept some prithvis ready with N warhead.

India deployed Prithvis as initial nuclear deterrents, but removed them later and introduced the more mobile and rapid deployment systems; Agni-II & II.

I already answered it in the parenthesis. Assuming that an all-out first strike disables the land-based nuclear arm of the Indian Strategic Forces, the only remaining credible response would come from the Navy, which has to be something bigger than K-15. As I said, worst case scenario.

But then there is, K-4(3500 Km) and K-5 missile(6000 Km) are already in development, with K-4 having been tested from land a few times and maiden undersea launch scheduled for next month.. K-15 will be the first to come online as it been successfully tested almost a dozen times from an undersea platform.

Add to that Pakistan does not yet posses capability to disable India's nuclear strike capability.

In theoretical terms if we assume Pakistan has the ability to disable all Indian nuclear weapons with in missile range, still there are large parts of North East India and Andaman and Nicobar islands, which are outside Pakistani missile reach. Agni 3, Agni 4 or Agni 5 fired from these places still cover entire Pakistan.

pakbm.gif

Can't pakistan have Choppers with submarine detection devices and depth charges? DO you want to say that Pakistan do not have any counter measure against Submarine?

Believing or not believing is up to you. I do not see any reason of not believing it.

Can't pakistan have Choppers with submarine detection devices and depth charges? DO you want to say that Pakistan do not have any counter measure against Submarine?

Believing or not believing is up to you. I do not see any reason of not believing it.

Yes, Pakistan can. No, I'm not saying that.
All I'm saying that in distant future, if Indian operates a fleet of SSBNs, then it would be very very difficult to find and destroy a submarine operating in far away waters, like the Bay of Bengal or Southern Indian Ocean.

Whatever helps you :) .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom