What's new

India activates 'secret' undersea missile

I know, was referring to the China-specific deployment.

No, even in Pak-specific deployment the K-15 has of no use, we cannot target Islamabad from the coast of Karachi, but the real deterrence and real power projection is only provided by K-4.

In the sense that it is deployed. Yeah exactly, payload restrictions are a bit high.
Yeah, that is the same thing I was trying to say to @BLING, that at max range the missile become very much un-useful because of the restricted payload limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from the LOC skirmishes these days, the missile has something to do with Pakistan. India cannot strike Islamabad from the waters with K-15 (assuming a Pakistani decapitating first strike, worst case scenario).

Submarine can sneak in to pak waters too . No one no expect IN where the Arihant will be .

Yeah, that is the same thing I was trying to say to @BLING, that at max range the missile become very much un-useful because of the restricted payload limit.
Bro 1 TONNE Playload is more than enough to send death rays with Nuclear Warhead . If needed multiple 500 kg nucke can be used . But 1 Tonne Agni 5 or K-4 will fullfill India's demand for now . Check mate China Game Plan

Last edited by a moderator:
look at this new stupid arm race i hate it damn . now everyone will make underwater missile base:pissed: ... india everytime bring new ideas of race in s.asia i must say .

look at this new stupid arm race i hate it damn . now everyone will make underwater missile base:pissed: ... india everytime bring new ideas of race in s.asia i must say .

not arm race, but put yourself as Indian, I assure you, you will say the same that India need the nuke subs and so.

Submarine can sneak in to pak waters too . No one no expect IN where the Arihant will be .

Bro 1 TONNE Playload is more than enough to send death rays with Nuclear Warhead . If needed multiple 500 kg nucke can be used . But 1 Tonne Agni 5 or K-4 will fullfill India's demand for now . Check mate China Game Plan

and they have AIP subs too if you forget them .:) this will lead us nowhere

Man, I am not talking about what we required, but just stating the condition of missile at max. range.

Why its not practical ? For sure India must be have diffrent playload for different mission . It is practicle . Its not just theoritical . Modifications will be made as per the requirements .
Its simple as that

When a missile is designed, the range and payload (and velocity/acceleration/g forces etc) parameters are specifically set to define everything that will be used to develop it. Considerable re-designing efforts are required to make modifications like you mention.

There are a lot of factors which need to be considered:

1. Different payloads= Different warhead packages per missile. How do you propose SFC will deal with this level of complexity, besides that already in form of range envelopes? It can't be like Major: Sir ji kitne wala chahiye? 1 ton wala le aon ya 1/2 ton wala kaafi rahay ga?

Remember, Strategic Forces require simplicity at each level, so that when the time comes, there are not many decisions which need to be taken. Just take a look at US/Russia/China's arsenals. Nothing like variable payloads exist anywhere. For multiple strike ranges, entirely new systems were developed.

2. This will also result in increased number of missiles per type, which is unnecessary, costly and not feasible.

3. Also, Lighter payload= More speed/acceleration= More physical stresses. How can you guarantee that the original missile's body and components can take the increased amount of forces?

4. Furthermore, how would you make sure that the ReV will re enter smoothly despite reduced weight but same size? The density change could effect the re entry, to that point that the ReV could wobble if it isn't stable.

Besides, a fixed amount of weight in the Re-entry Vehicle (the total payload) is that of:
1. Nose cone with heat shield/ablative coating
2. ReV engine+fuel/thrusters for course correction
3. Thrusters for spinning warhead
4. Arming and Safety electronics
5. Detonation mechanism
6. Self-destruct mechanism

These all, combined, have a total mass variable from 1/5 to 1/2 the mass of total payload (depending upon weight of the nuclear device). So basically you don't really have much room for reduction of payload.

With a length of 12 meters and diameter of 1.3 meters, the missile weighs around 17 tonne

If these specs are true then I dnt think DRDO need more time to develop K5 & K6.

Just compare it with A5... Length 17.5 m.... Diameter 2 metres..... Weight almost 50 tonne.

Mian - yeh arms race nahin hain - these are well planned developments and inductions. India works to a plan and it's not just to follow another country - if that was true then we would have been after long range missiles a long time ago. As geopolitics and needs change so does preparedness and strength.

Mian - yeh arms race nahin hain - these are well planned developments and inductions. India works to a plan and it's not just to follow another country - if that was true then we would have been after long range missiles a long time ago. As geopolitics and needs change so does preparedness and strength.

haan i can see the planing from LCA -basic trainer-russian ACC- MMRCA all planning is open . i am not kid . we have weapons on lans air and sea - underground its now going underwater god knows what next space or or mars .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom