What's new

India activates 'secret' undersea missile

Of course.
That's the idea.
Non-nuclear nations means that we will not attack anyone with nukes and fight a full blown conventional war if it is needed.

Okay, got it. However in that case it should be no-use policy. :P

I don't see where you see aggressive designs.

I meant a stronger posture, like that of US/Russia/UK/France.

There are only 9 countries with nuclear weapons claimed, out of which 8 have proven capabilities, on this planet.
What exactly are you trying to cite just South Asian countries for?

Because India has had differences with the South Asian countries mostly, and any chance of war with non-nuclear nations is with these countries only in my opinion.

Is it a test? :bad:

Okay, here are the comparisons between similar Pakistani and Indian missiles and respective TELs (I do not intent to spark any **** measuring):
Asking out of curiosity. Like I said earlier it was for education purposes.
While doing my search, I saw most countries had small, medium, intermediate and inter continental ballistic missiles.
While India seemed to have agni-1 to agni-5 all seemed to fit in the medium to intermediate range.

Any similar comparision amongst all the missiles? We can take it on a thread of its own if you prefer.

Is it a test? :bad:

Okay, here are the comparisons between similar Pakistani and Indian missiles and respective TELs (I do not intent to spark any **** measuring):

Agni-I:
Only the launcher is in the pic, I wanted to show that the launch assembly is quite a bit longer then the missile. The towing unit (truck) would make the TEL even longer.
Agni%20ENS.jpg

Shaheen-I:
As you can see, the TEL being used has a soviet design and it houses the launcher and the missile in a very compact way.
198641532_429039c6a1_o.jpg

Agni-II:
01sld2.jpg

Shaheen-II:
steal-nuclear-bomb-2.jpg

Now, you may say that since Agni-II and IV are longer by design, thats the reason behind longer TELs. Well here is a shot of the monstrous Agni-III TEL.
India_displays_19868.jpg

Just imagine movement of such vehicles on any road. However, they can be concealed by moving them at night only.
What DRDO should have done was design missiles considering the launch platform too, just like Shaurya. I don't understand why India doesn't buys Russian TELs...restrictions maybe?

But both the systems are very big.. whether yours or ours.

Just because our TEL might be larger then your TEL, that does not make your TELs smaller.

0525-01.jpg

shaheen-2-display.jpg

So the movement of your TELs would be as easily detected as movement of out TELs.

Asking out of curiosity. Like I said earlier it was for education purposes.
While doing my search, I saw most countries had small, medium, intermediate and inter continental ballistic missiles.
While India seemed to have agni-1 to agni-5 all seemed to fit in the medium to intermediate range.

Any similar comparision amongst all the missiles? We can take it on a thread of its own if you prefer.

Was kidding :P

Other countries have more developed missile programs, and after the initial development period they retired unwanted missiles, as the range envelopes of others became larger and would suffice. For example US retains only Silo-based ICBMs and SLBMs, Russia maintains Silo-based/Road-mobile ICBMs, SLBMs and Tactical BMs. (although the Nuclear Weapons Reduction treaties had more to do with this)
The French & British retain SLBMs only, while China deploys a variety of missiles (ICBMs, SLBMs, IRBMs, MRBMs).

But in Pakistan's and India's case, we have been developing missiles for 15 years only, and are still relatively immature. Agni-1-5 were Indian attempts at scaling up the missiles and introducing newer systems. Once the development phase has stabilized (after Agni-VI perhaps?), you'll see that Agni-I, II, III will be retired gradually and replaced by Shaurya, Agni-IV, Agni-V and Agni-VI depending on the budget provided.

But both the systems are very big.. whether yours or ours.

Just because our TEL might be larger then your TEL, that does not make your TELs smaller.

0525-01.jpg

shaheen-2-display.jpg

So the movement of your TELs would be as easily detected as movement of out TELs.

Okay, here are the comparisons between similar Pakistani and Indian missiles and respective TELs (I do not intend to spark any **** measuring):

Except Ghauri's TEL, all others are all-terrain and off-road vehicles. Good luck hunting for them in the jungles. :tup:

Was kidding :P

Other countries have more developed missile programs, and after the initial development period they retired unwanted missiles, as the range envelopes of others became larger and would suffice. For example US retains only Silo-based ICBMs and SLBMs, Russia maintains Silo-based/Road-mobile ICBMs, SLBMs and Tactical BMs. (although the Nuclear Weapons Reduction treaties had more to do with this)
The French & British retain SLBMs only, while China deploys a variety of missiles (ICBMs, SLBMs, IRBMs, MRBMs).

But in Pakistan's and India's case, we have been developing missiles for 15 years only, and are still relatively immature. Agni-1-5 were Indian attempts at scaling up the missiles and introducing newer systems. Once the development phase has stabilized (after Agni-VI perhaps?), you'll see that Agni-I, II, III will be retired gradually and replaced by Shaurya, Agni-IV, Agni-V and Agni-VI depending on the budget provided.

Agni VI should be the real ICBM.

Agni 5 seems to put a toe over the marker. Ofcourse payload can be reduced considering that it would be a nuclear payload to increase range. In any case it would be limited to 5000-7000(extreme) kms.

Agni 6 should be enough to cover most of the planet with some spare to go. That would be the stabilization missile.

Except Ghauri's TEL, all others are all-terrain and off-road vehicles. Good luck hunting for them in the jungles. :tup:

In jungles the TELs have to move on roads. Clear passages would need to be created for the massive TELs to move. They cannot move over trees.

So even if they move in jungles PA will have to create roads/clear passages for them. So IA can also create such passages for its TELs in jungles and forests. Also such passages would be out of reach and well protected by both IA or PA.

In jungles the TELs have to move on roads. Clear passages would need to be created for the massive TELs to move. They cannot move over trees.

So even if they move in jungles PA will have to create roads for them. So IA can also create roads for its TELs in jungles and forests. Also such passages would be out of reach and well protected by both IA or PA.

Indian Military Forces are supreme, I confess. :ashamed:

@Jungibaaz @nuclearpak Would you be so kind to move the posts not related to K-4 but pertaining to other ballistic missile stuff to this thread?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/29632-indian-missiles-news-discussions.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Indian Military Forces are supreme, I confess. :ashamed:

If PA TEL's would move around in jungles, IA TEL's would also move around in jungles. I don't think the slightly big size of IA TEL's makes any difference here.

If PA TEL's would move around in jungles, IA TEL's would also move around in jungles. I don't think the slightly big size of IA TEL's makes any difference here.

Try counting the axles and the space between them for a start, and then try picturing both types in a rough terrain. Also try "observing" the type of wheels/tyres used.

Try counting the axles and the space between them for a start, and then try picturing both types in a rough terrain. Also try "observing" the type of wheels/tyres used.

All truck can move on certain rough terrain.

Passages need to be created in jungles for TEL's to move, and if a passage has to be created then it would be one which is suitable for the TEL to move.

So if the TEL moves in jungles then their movement is concealed, whether they are from IA or PA.

Yes and I also know that its range will go beyond 5000km with one ton payload. :smart:
Testing and deploying are two different things, and there is a gap of a few years between them.

Some Indians regard a successfully tested missile as operational. For example, they talk about operational K15 even though it have not been fired from a submarine once.

All truck can move on certain rough terrain.

Passages need to be created in jungles for TEL's to move, and if a passage has to be created then it would be one which is suitable for the TEL to move.

So if the TEL moves in jungles then their movement is concealed, whether they are from IA or PA.

Off-road= Rough Terrain. Not necessarily jungles, that was one example. Here, this might help you picture something:

Topol_M_2005.jpg

MZKT-79921_water_crossing.jpg

rian_00140413.hr.ru.si.jpg

Off-road...yeah :disagree:

indiamissiledefense.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom