What's new

India abandons quest for permanent UN Security Council seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us see how the UNSC members are going to keep India out of UNSC.

It wasn`t worth it i think, India is better off focusing on more pressing tasks.

this whole P5 concept is flawed to start with. How can five powerful nations decide fate of rest of the world? This permanent members concept with veto power won't long last. things will change just like the way G5 is now G20.

i think Asia can be more peaceful with veto less India,
dont mind Indians many great nations are without veto e.g Germany,Japan,Italy,Norway etc

this whole P5 concept is flawed to start with. How can five powerful nations decide fate of rest of the world? This permanent members concept with veto power won't long last. things will change just like the way G5 is now G20.

If the concept was flawed, then why was India so desperate to join the P5?

You should have stuck to your principles, instead of going on a worldwide mission to get a permanent seat.

Now it just seems like sour grapes.

If the concept was flawed, then why was India so desperate to join the P5?

You should have stuck to your principles, instead of going on a worldwide mission to get a permanent seat.

who said to you that I'm the spokesperson of Indian government??

i think Asia can be more peaceful with veto less India,
dont mind Indians many great nations are without veto e.g Germany,Japan,Italy,Norway etc

People think Asia will be quite peaceful if Pakistan cuts down it extra curricular activities. I doubt we will see peace anytime soon.

who said to you that I'm the spokesperson of Indian government??

I'm just saying that complaining about the P5, after trying and failing to join them... it just seems like sour grapes.

Also, if you think the UNSC should be scrapped, remember that the UN charter cannot be modified without unanimous approval from all the P5 members.

has the goi issued any statements regarding the above news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom