What's new

India abandons quest for permanent UN Security Council seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure when China, Russia..joined UN P-5 they were quite poor too.

Yeah, but we were major independent countries on the victorious side of WW2. That was the criteria.

Our names are written directly into the UN charter as the permanent members of the UNSC.

The UN charter, which cannot be modified without the unanimous support of all the P5 members.

Charter of the United Nations: Chapter XVIII: Amendments

BTW,this news is BS,India just a few days back got Netherlands,UAE and Russian(repeated) support for Permanent seat,only 2 BS Pakistani newspapers reporting this.

Currently there are no non pakistani link..why is that?

I hope this is a bloody joke!!!

Don't wana comment until see this news on Indian or any other international news agency.

Yea,China's agreement is needed for India to get the permanent seat,but their might be a different headway/resolution to it,as India getting to Permanent members makes sense.

Yeah, but we were major independent countries on the victorious side of WW2. That was the criteria.

Our names are written directly into the UN charter as the permanent members of the UNSC.

The UN charter, which cannot be modified without the unanimous support of all the P5 members.

Charter of the United Nations: Chapter XVIII: Amendments

And that's what P-5 is, club of victors after WW2It is an irrelevant group and others joining it in 21st century make no sense. But gems like "oh you cannot join because you is too poor or is conflicting yourz enemiz" is always entertaining.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

china's PCI is 4,380 USD and not 4,4400 USD

How are you not banned yet?

i really don't think india abondoned the quest for u.n. permanent seat. india was SHUT out.

And that's what P-5 is, club of victors after WW2It is an irrelevant group and others joining it in 21st century make no sense. But gems like "oh you cannot join because you is too poor or is conflicting yourz enemiz" is always entertaining.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

How are you not banned yet?

and how come you are not banned since April for carrying false flag??

i really don't think india abondoned the quest for u.n. permanent seat. india was SHUT out.

just like you, your media also thinks a lot without providing any credible source !! its time to SHUT them out....

I think that India with its population etc has more right than uk france to a permanent security council seat. However India should first peacefully resolve its border issues with pakistan china etc and then go for sec seat.

I think it is time to abandon the UNSC altogether! Why should countries be allowed to 'veto' the will of the majority of UNGA initiatives? At least remove the damned veto rights.

The UNSC is basically not much more than a bargaining club where different powers bargain--perhaps diplomatically barter--for policies favoring them. One powers gets to invade a place while the other powers get to wait for their respective terms.

The veto-power is one of the most undemocratic establishment in the world.

PS. India had very small chance to begin with. On the surface China was all peachy but, really, what would China gain? Similarly, other veto-wielding powers were simply coy: Didn't want to lose their commercial interests in India but well aware that an Indian veto power was not in their interests.

I knew it! Mighty Pakistani and their mighty rupee bought the whole world. I saw one Japanese guy flashing Pakistani rupee and I knew world was coming to an end, for us!

And don't mind OP. The guy who posted still in learning mode;)

What a junk article, not even worth a read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom