What's new

India abandons quest for permanent UN Security Council seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange there is no indian or any other neutral source. If at all it was true indian media wud jump on it from all directions and talk shows wud be held on tv. Nothing such has happened yet(at least i dunno.)
I wud like to see credible indian or other neutral source to believe this, although dawn is bit better that other hopeless pakistani media links. So far it just looks like the wishful thinking of pakistan, and a stupid attempt to break the unity of g-4.

I believe g-4 will neither abandon each other nor the quest for the seat. It will further uniffy g-4 for persuing their aspiration.

Even if they managed to get 128 pledges of support (unlikely), they would still have to face the P5.

Many of whom, have a grudge against several members the G4.

Japan's bid for instance... is opposed by China, Russia, and South Korea. Two veto powers already.

Which ruins the entire G4 effort.

Reactions: waz
India actually lost it's big by making it a 4 way deal;) It could have waited 10 more years and tried alone..It would have worked.

that 80 countries is for the sake of Japan and brazil's calling.

how many votes can India along get, few if not a few.

If the UN thinks they dont want India..To bad, its their loss..but life must go on. Maybe its not our time, we must march forward anyways

If the UN thinks they dont want India..To bad, its their loss..but life must go on. Maybe its not our time, we must march forward anyways

WTF? UN doesn't think or care. UN is a joke and so is UNSC. Permanent members only get to say No, they cannot force others to say yes...European union carries more weight than UN.

India is not ready yet frankly.

It still is immensely poor and is far too reliant on foreign weapons imports.

2020 is a better date. Along with Brazil, it will then be a strong contender.

I am pretty sure when China, Russia..joined UN P-5 they were quite poor too.

What is China's per capita income? $4,4400, India at-$1,300 ..compare China's per capita income with other P-5 Nations..looks like an ant,doesn't it?
China and India are more comparable on poverty/income indicators than the P-5 members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom