What's new

Incredible ancient Hindu sculpture architecture and monuments

And India as of 2020 is the 6th largest economy in the world. But does that matter in actuality ? A majority of Indians generally live and die in miserable conditions and many don't even question that. As our Chinese member @TaiShang put it :

And those Indians who speak of revolutionary change are immediately slotted as anti-nationals, tukde tukde gang, Urban Naxals etc.

Sad.

By the way, Hinduism is as foreign to India as Islam. Hinduism just preceded Islam by 2000 years or so.

Below is a more aesthetic and organic building designed by the late Iraqi-origin architect Zaha Hadid :

zaha-hadid-architecture-01.jpg

And I am sure modern architects can comfortably construct the unaesthetic and unnecessary intricate architecture you show.
Nice one... Will it survive for 50 yrs...

You are no one to pass judgement on aesthetics and necessasity... Enjoy/ admire if you can learn something from it, learn else leave it...

Your type of guys are the reason for Islamophobia...

@HalfMoon is not a Muslim. I think he's from the BJP IT Cell who is here to create a bad impression of Indian Muslims and sow conflict.

Nice one... Will it survive for 50 yrs...

Maybe it will survive, maybe not.

You are no one to pass judgement on aesthetics and necessasity... Enjoy/ admire if you can learn something from it, learn else leave it...

Surely as a human I am allowed my opinion.

"Shiva,The Cosmic Dancer."

All his various dance postures symbolise the creation, preservation and destruction of the Universe.

Mahadev Shiva Pratima in Meenakshi Amman Temple ,Madurai, Tamil Nadu
1612613199967.png

I am sure, you have no adjectives to explain this intricacy”.

This is a small portion of Shikhara of “Udayeshwar Mahadev Mandir”, Udaipur near Ganj Basoda, Madhya Pradesh

1612962324116.png

And India as of 2020 is the 6th largest economy in the world. But does that matter in actuality ? A majority of Indians generally live and die in miserable conditions and many don't even question that. As our Chinese member @TaiShang put it :

By the way, Hinduism is as foreign to India as Islam. Hinduism just preceded Islam by 2000 years or so.

The Brahmanistic part of Hinduism?----------->Sure it may have come from outside..The haoma/yajna fire rituals of the Brahmin............But 90 percent plus of Hinduism such as Idols, temple construction, lores etc come from people that deep roots in India for tens of thousands of years ....

And even regarding the Brahmanical part of Hinduism, the Vedas were composed within the subcontinent (in and around Haryana) after the Brahmins moved in there

Most of the Hindu Gods are Dravidians according to scholars..We donot venerate Aryan Gods such as Indra,Varuna etc...There is a huge preponderance of the female Goddess in Hinduism..which is also not a feature of Brahmanism

not to say Buddhism,Jainism completely originated in India

You like it or not, you're wrong. The first texts in Hinduism talk about rivers in India, not the Nile. That should pretty much solve the "origin". Almost everything that's mentioned in Rig Veda is associated with the subcontinent.

You like it or not, you're wrong. The first texts in Hinduism talk about rivers in India, not the Nile. That should pretty much solve the "origin". Almost everything that's mentioned in Rig Veda is associated with the subcontinent.

the farthest west the rig veda goes are the eastern most rivers of afghanistan...Heck in the Battle of the Ten Kings...Sudas's army crosses the rivers from east to west

But 90 percent plus of Hinduism such as Idols, temple construction, lores etc come from people that deep roots in India for tens of thousands of years ....

1. Perhaps that explains the difference in temple architecture of Kashmir, Gujarat etc when compared to rest of India.

2. "Tens of thousands of years". I think that's not correct, even taking into account the views of people like Kancha Ilaiah whose cultures pre-dated Brahminical Hinduism and had indigenous gods.

And even regarding the Brahmanical part of Hinduism, the Vedas were composed within the subcontinent (in and around Haryana) after the Brahmins moved in there

I see.

We donot venerate Aryan Gods such as Indra,Varuna etc...

But aren't some or many Hindu gods incarnations of Aryan gods ?

There is a huge preponderance of the female Goddess in Hinduism..which is also not a feature of Brahmanism

A deviation on my part. There are goddesses in Hinduism with elaborate rituals to celebrate them yet human Hindu women find life a difficult thing culturally.

not to say Buddhism,Jainism completely originated in India

I will argue that Buddhism was a reaction to Brahmincal oppression the same way that Communism was partly a reaction to European Capitalism.

Almost everything that's mentioned in Rig Veda is associated with the subcontinent.

@Juggernaut_Flat_Plane_V8 has explained that above.

Back
Top Bottom