What's new

Incredible ancient Hindu sculpture architecture and monuments

It was a simple question. Is this the Banana tree that Ganesha married? Yes or no?

It was a simple answer too. Designed to help you deal with your life. Ganesha would have approved.

So when will you marry a banana tree like your Ganesha? I am sure Ganesha would approve of you frolicking with a banana....tree that is.

So now you are interested in My love life too. A complete stranger.

Interesting.

Have you considered getting help ? Don't be stingy, go for a good expensive one. You may need all the help you can get. Get well soon.

Designs look hellish to me
Avert your gaze. Don't look.

btw what is inside these temples. heard that hindus, over the years/centuries are depositing gold in them
There are two, known for rumours of these practices. One is the fabulously rich Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple in Trivandrum; the other is the Sri Venkateswara Temple in Tirupati.

Presumably, your remark was made in a mocking spirit, so let us leave it at that.

Last edited:
nice and hope these are preserved by indian govt and also try to preserve Islamic architects if any left from Hindu extremists.

No, they are busy in destroying everything non hindu.
From the point of view of a liberal, secular-minded Hindu, they are busy destroying Hindu things as well, and substituting a rotten melange of half-baked beliefs and full-blown hatred of 'the other'.

Was it always visible or has it been discovered recently in the last 100 years?
Depends. Some were active and in use. Others were in disrepair, and were only 'discovered', and cleaned up in recent years.

No.

Yes and no. Yes, we share common history with all humanity.

Just because we should appreciate Indian art should not be used to now sing the "we be same" songs please. I have absolutely no ancestry with a Bihari, Madya Pradeshi, a Tamil a Bengali beyond the common human link we all have.
Fair enough. But it is more intricate than that. This is a thread started by @Suriya, and it would impolite to take the conversation away from what he has to show. In a general sense, however, much more can be said. Some other time, some other thread.

And I think that should make us feel proud as well.
We have our differences in modern age and later our ancestors have chosen a different path but at some point those who built that amazing architecture were also our ancestors.
We share a common history.
I would have said that but more I grew up I realized how a lot of this same to same is exploitative in nature (true or not is a different debate)
Although I admit I find some of these temples breath takingly beautiful

Last edited:
I would have said that but more I grew up I realized how a lot of this same to same is exploitative in nature (true or not is a different debate)
Although I admit I find these temples breath taking

Why there is no big and ancient Hindu temple in Pakistan like in Prambanan temple in Indonesia ?

Why there is no big and ancient Hindu temple in Pakistan like in Prambanan temple in Indonesia ?
Plenty of temples in Pak but they're not active
This is the most beautiful one from Midland Pakistan and it used to operate back in the day mostly for Hindu relgious tourism but since our relationship is pretty much rock bottom rn so it's empty except for some tourist folks
Situated in salt range I especially like this lake (apparently it's considered holy afaik)
862322-77103-fqikjauxif-1513862827.jpg

Active temples are only in southern regions though as there are no Hindus in north except for some small villages here and there

Last edited:
Plenty of temples in Pak but they're not active

Active temples are only in southern regions though as there are no Hindus in north except for some small villages here and there

Well, in Indonesia Prambanan temple is also not active if you mean in religious term, Hindu in Indonesia is concentrated in Bali island, Prambanan temples is more toward tourism.

Look the visitors are all Muslim...

This is in Urdu by Pak-hindu YouTuber and Thier trip to Hinglaj temple
Temples name is Hinglaj maata mandir, situated in a literal cave of Balochistan
Devotees have to walk for miles to reach this temple (because of relgious reasons- devotee must walk to the temple)
Not exactly "beautiful" but intresting because of it's location
Hinglaj_Mata_Mandir_Cave_entrance,_Pakistan_-_panoramio.jpg

2_12_28_25_Balochis_1_H@@IGHT_450_W@@IDTH_600.jpg

Well, in Indonesia Prambanan temple is also not active if you mean in religious term, Hindu in Indonesia is concentrated in Bali island, Prambanan temples is more toward tourism.

Look the visitors are all Muslim...

In India, any former religious place that has been taken over by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) ceases to be a place of worship because the government, which is officially secular cannot be managing religious places. It is turned into a tourist place, which people from all religions can visit. Perhaps it is the same in the case of Indonesia / Prambanan temples.

In India, any former religious place that has been taken over by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) ceases to be a place of worship because the government, which is officially secular cannot be managing religious places. It is turned into a tourist place, which people from all religions can visit. Perhaps it is the same in the case of Indonesia / Prambanan temples.

Yup, Prambanan is under government or maybe local government control. The fact that not many Hindu left living in Java island make it more like 100 % tourist site, while for Borobudur, despite Central Government who owned and managed it, but Budish believers still do some religious activities there, despite Borobudur is an important and famous tourist site in Indonesia.

You can see many people in Borobudur are all tourist, whether domestic or international tourists

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom