What's new

In two years, Indian navy may lose sub-sea edge over Pakistan

Seeing is believing as far as i am concerned. I am hearing this news since U-214 saga then Yuan Class, now its supposedly some other Chinese sub, at the end of the day PN has nothing thanks to our economy and lack of interest by successive governments in developing this important arm of our armed forces.

We should stop opening new threads every now and than on rumors and speculations.

i have seen PhD's who don't know the "abc" of the subject or can't explain it properly

Where have you seen these PhDs?? And one thing you should know that one cannot come close to PhD in R&D if our definition for PhD is same. For original research you need a specific mindset, methodology, approach and patience. I have seen many good non PhD engineers, masters students though very bright and intelligent cannot even touch the level of PhDs. So my friend if you want to have a real R&D, you need a have a quality PhDs and there is no way around it, period.

Where have you seen these PhDs?? And one thing you should know that one cannot come close to PhD in R&D if our definition for PhD is same. For original research you need a specific mindset, methodology, approach and patience. I have seen many good non PhD engineers, masters students though very bright and intelligent cannot even touch the level of PhDs. So my friend if you want to have a real R&D, you need a have a quality PhDs and there is no way around it, period.
One of my teachers of thermodynamics couldn't explain properly what he was talking about.

@Aeronaut
the four five post 2014 pak-china-sub threads should be merged in one single thread

You couldn't tell a foreigner from a Pakistani..... were you high during your classes? :wacko:

I can still remember exactly who my undergrad Thermo 1 / Thermo 2 / Fluid Dynamics / Materials 1 / Materials 2 / Materials 3 teachers were............ Why? Because they were the foundation courses of everything else in life.... that's why!

I forgot. But most probably foreign.

You couldn't tell a foreigner from a Pakistani..... were you high during your classes?
Dude he was asking where his degree was from i.e a GODDAMN COUNTRY, now he did mention it once or twice but frankly speaking i didn't give a fok. He was simply to teach us in a good way (clear our concepts) cause we are paying him a LOT via the university.

Pakistan probably can't develop a army capable of taking on India in a system to systems war due to economy size.

So maybe an anti access strategy like us. Make sure the Indian ships can't leave the docks.

The best way to do this is missiles and submarines.Even American and Japanese forces cannot really keep submarine forces at bay and Indian anti sub is not even 1/20th of Japanese strength.

Just for any doubters of the 1/20th thing, Japan has anti sub planes in the hundreds and dedicated ships listen to ocean sounds 365 days a year, as well as a ton of equipments in the ocean to detect Subs.

If Pakistan can somehow get the money, a strong submarine force could keep the enemy navy at bay, while a good surface fleet can project power abroad against smaller nations.

As to nuke subs, if Pakistan really want to develop it and has the money and resource to back it up, either in creating or maintaining and using it, then it will happen, one way or another. At this point I don't think giving nuke sub secrets is as big of a deal now that Pakistan has actual nukes and no potential enemy 5 meters away from it's border.

Dude, we are at spitting distance of each other... we don't need technologies to project power.... we already have what it needs to neuter India... and in abundance..... there will be no war with India. Period.

Pakistan probably can't develop a army capable of taking on India in a system to systems war due to economy size.

So maybe an anti access strategy like us. Make sure the Indian ships can't leave the docks.

The best way to do this is missiles and submarines.

If Pakistan can somehow get the money, a strong submarine force could keep the enemy navy at bay, while a good surface fleet can project power abroad against smaller nations.

As to nuke subs, if Pakistan really want to develop it and has the money and resource to back it up, either in creating or maintaining and using it, then it will happen, one way or another. At this point I don't think giving nuke sub secrets is as big of a deal now that Pakistan has actual nukes and no potential enemy 5 meters away from it's border.

Dude... France had a scientific pool to tap into.. who does Pakistan have? Graduates of NUST? Which in itself is subpar at best.

Hey Hyperion,

Some engineering professors in "University of Lahore" studied Turkish engineering papers and regarded them as sub par compared to Pakistani engineering capabilities/research. I don't know what 'specifically' they were referring to.

What is your say?

Go get a PHD in Material Sciences. That's one place where we are lacking!

Why doesn't government pin points the fields we require to master for national interests? Oh wait, never mind. This is just too hard for our government. Let them loot in peace for heaven's sake!!!

Pakistani engineering professors.... I stopped reading after that....... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey Hyperion,

Some engineering professors in "University of Lahore" studied Turkish engineering papers and regarded them as sub par compared to Pakistani engineering capabilities/research. I don't know what 'specifically' they were referring to.

What is your say?

Why doesn't government pin points the fields we require to master for national interests? Oh wait, never mind. This is just too hard for our government. Let them loot in peace for heaven's sake!!!

Nano tech is the way forward, every uni. should have a dedicated Nano tech. lab!

Pakistani engineering professors.... I stopped reading after that.......
What's so funny? :what:

Dude, we are at spitting distance of each other... we don't need technologies to project power.... we already have what it needs to neuter India... and in abundance..... there will be no war with India. Period.

Please yaar.....our submarine strength is weakening.....Best Time to ATTACK INDIA :D

Please yaar.....our submarine strength is weakening.....Best Time to ATTACK INDIA :D

We have been weakened for last ten years. Best chance for attack Pakistan.

You go first.

:D

Back
Top Bottom