What's new

In need of an Attack Helicopter

Look at this beauty, Kamov KA-52. :smitten:

0392feaaeca68c8861755b83d6619d25.jpg

from my view, i think Mi-28 maybe too expensive for pakistan to acquire at this moment plus russia isnt a reliable weapon supplier as u could tell through the RD-33 engine deal.

Hi,

Russia may sell defensive weaponery to pakistan----but they have not opened up their support for offensive weapons.

I have read that at one point Italy produced Chinook helicopters locally.

If we pursued Mangusta could we get chinooks from Italy as well?

To JK: [Please correct me if I am wrong] If a country proudces something under a license (which, I assume, AW does for the Chinook), agreement, it has to get permission from the country granting the license to sell to a third country. For example, when there were proposals (or rumors) for Pakistan to buy used Belgian F-16s, Belgium had to first get US approval before attempting to sell the Vipers to the PAF. [This might be a different case; I do not know the details of the sale of the Westland Sea King to the PN in the 60s or 70s; this might have involved some sort of clearance from Sikorsky/the US government. Again, please correct me if I am erring.]

:coffee: :tup: :D

To JK: [Please correct me if I am wrong] If a country proudces something under a license (which, I assume, AW does for the Chinook), agreement, it has to get permission from the country granting the license to sell to a third country. For example, when there were proposals (or rumors) for Pakistan to buy used Belgian F-16s, Belgium had to first get US approval before attempting to sell the Vipers to the PAF. [This might be a different case; I do not know the details of the sale of the Westland Sea King to the PN in the 60s or 70s; this might have involved some sort of clearance from Sikorsky/the US government. Again, please correct me if I am erring.]

:coffee: :tup: :D

Hmm I stand corrected.

Worth a try though plus I have seen somewhere that Italian produced chinooks were sold to morocco.

I have a feeling Russians have started realizing that they need to expand their defense cooperation beyond India. This might be partly due to the fact that India is leaning towards other sources for its defense needs and partly because Pakistan is also planning on buying high value products. Why should Russia deny itself chance to earn money?

I have a feeling Russians have started realizing that they need to expand their defense cooperation beyond India. This might be partly due to the fact that India is leaning towards other sources for its defense needs and partly because Pakistan is also planning on buying high value products. Why should Russia deny itself chance to earn money?

India hasnt completely moved away from russia regarding its defence requirements and there are still major military projects going on. But in the future russia may partly feel to expand her defence ties with pakistan starting from defensive field so that india does not object to offensive. But this will take some time. Lets hope for the best

if America can sale its Apache to India
than its open a new opportunity for Pakistan than we get also apache & ah-1z from usa

india is gone to buy Apach so forget we will get it best deals for pakistan is MI 28 havoc or tiger helis or if not than turkish AW 129 and chinese always on cards for us

i dont think pakistan would get mi28 havoc. the chances of apache is better dan havoc but that also is far away.
but the gud thng is dat these arent just the top quality attack helis nd pak has lot of other options in its kitty.

the other point is india is not currently buying a large amount of apache at this instant. its just some 20 odd nd it would most probably be deployed at chinese front. So i dont see a big reason to worry.

india is gone to buy Apach so forget we will get it best deals for pakistan is MI 28 havoc or tiger helis or if not than turkish AW 129 and chinese always on cards for us

The question is not that whether US will offer Apache to Pakistan rather the question is can PA afford Apache.

If you will ask them to give you Apaches in aid ,surely they are not going to do this ,the best you can get in aid is some down-graded equipment with poor airframes .

If you want to buy Apache with you own money i don't think US will have any problem with that , if they can provide us with block-52+ why wouldnot they provide us Apache ,the problem currently is that we are trying to get everything in aid

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom