What's new

Imran condemns indian army's brutality on Kashmiris

We all have bills to pay.

If what you say is true, I'd be very bitter about the actions of your forces. They are responsible for the unrest, which incidentally, has detrimental impact on tourism.

Since I have that set up as a guest house since last 20 years, today is much better than what it was 10 years back.. And we all know the game being played between India and Pakistan in J&K, so all this up and down is factored into the financial plans.. I break even if I am able to 40 full occupancy nights in an year..Last 3 years, I have managed to do that within 1st 4-6 months itself .. So not complaining.

And no.. I am not bitter about the action of Indian forces.. Sad, but not bitter.. They have a bloody tough job and are doing it pretty well. If they would not have fired, we probably would be listening to the news of 2-3 BSF men getting critically wounded or dead.. Granted that the resultant reaction would have been limited to the gloating by the separatists and some Pakistani members on this forum without any real and financial implication for the state (and me).. But would have set the wrong precedent. Rioters should always have this fear of getting hurt or killed when they take to violent protests (not just in Kashmir but elsewhere too).

Since I have that set up as a guest house since last 20 years, today is much better than what it was 10 years back.. And we all know the game being played between India and Pakistan in J&K, so all this up and down is factored into the financial plans.. I break even if I am able to 40 full occupancy nights in an year..Last 3 years, I have managed to do that within 1st 4-6 months itself .. So not complaining.

And no.. I am not bitter about the action of Indian forces.. Sad, but not bitter.. They have a bloody tough job and are doing it pretty well. If they would not have fired, we probably would be listening to the news of 2-3 BSF men getting critically wounded or dead.. Granted that the resultant reaction would have been limited to the gloating by the separatists and some Pakistani members on this forum without any real and financial implication for the state (and me).. But would have set the wrong precedent. Rioters should always have this fear of getting hurt or killed when they take to violent protests (not just in Kashmir but elsewhere too).
@karan.1970 What are the literacy rates and income per capita in Kashmir compared to other states in India?

Last edited by a moderator:
@karan.1970 What are the literacy rates and income per capita in Kashmir compared to other states in India?

http://pib.nic.in/archieve/others/2012/nov/d2012112201.pdf

Per capita is below than average for all of India.

Literacy is 66.7%. Again below the average.

Interestingly,

The state is one of the largest recipients of grants from New Delhi, totaling US$812 million per year.[83] It has a mere 4% incidence of poverty, one of the lowest in the country.[83](Wikipedia)

You should be able to get that info on the net....But I would imagine it would be lower than India average.. Definitely not among top 10 states

http://pib.nic.in/archieve/others/2012/nov/d2012112201.pdf

Per capita is below than average for all of India.

Literacy is 66.7%. Again below the average.

Interestingly,

The state is one of the largest recipients of grants from New Delhi, totaling US$812 million per year.[83] It has a mere 4% incidence of poverty, one of the lowest in the country.[83](Wikipedia)

You should be able to get that info on the net....But I would imagine it would be lower than India average.. Definitely not among top 10 states

So India is pumping in nearly a billion dollars a year into Kashmir. Carried on, this sustained economic input will yield favorable results.

How much are we investing in our portion of Kashmir?

& thn your govt ends up blaming the theft of lamb in kashmir on our army & ISI on the grounds?

how many million times it happened?lol

:lol::lol: but still it cant change the reality ... Just like stupid khalistan this proxy is also going to fail.

what you think by on the net? are we living on moon?

means you and your army cant do any thing in reality.

Economy of Azad Kashmir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see much information regarding per capita and investments from this article. The literacy was 62% in 2004,higher than any region in Pakistan. Except for remittances and some tourism, I don't think there is much investment.

That is exactly my point. Given this great disparity that is only going to grow larger, it is only a matter of time before our part of Kashmir is so far behind in its social development that the other part of Kashmir will begin to question their motivations for joining us. Why would they? Religious identity is one thing, but economic realities are hard to ignore for very long.

Kashmiris don't care about economics.

They can have the best economy in the world but that doesn't change how many of their children, women and men have been killed and raped by occupation Indian troops.

They want freedom and they want to be part of a muslim country.

Economy of Azad Kashmir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see much information regarding per capita and investments from this article. The literacy was 62% in 2004,higher than any region in Pakistan. Except for remittances and some tourism, I don't think there is much investment.

Official Website of Planning and Development Department - AJK

This link gives a lot of information. The per capita income is given as 847$(I think it is Nominal) for 2006. That would be about 48000 PKR. A bit higher than per capita IOK.

Kashmiris don't care about economics.

They can have the best economy in the world but that doesn't change how many of their children, women and men have been killed and raped by occupation Indian troops.

They want freedom and they want to be part of a muslim country.
Then you have very little idea of human aspiration. The Europeans killed a lot more of the ancestors of modern day Pakistanis,Indians and Bangladeshis.. but there is little doubt on the desperation our countrymen display to go and be a part of their society.

Then you have very little idea of human aspiration. The Europeans killed a lot more of the ancestors of modern day Pakistanis,Indians and Bangladeshis.. but there is little doubt on the desperation our countrymen display to go and be a part of their society.

When money talks, everybody listens. Everybody.

That is exactly my point. Given this great disparity that is only going to grow larger, it is only a matter of time before our part of Kashmir is so far behind in its social development that the other part of Kashmir will begin to question their motivations for joining us. Why would they? Religious identity is one thing, but economic realities are hard to ignore for very long.

Our falling economy is probably one of the reason that except for moral support, we can't actively help the Kashmiris in IOK. Apart from the Ummah stuff, what economic and strategic benefits do we get by making IOK part of Pakistan. The two points I can straightaway I can think of is 1) control of rivers 2) better linkage with China. It would be nice if other members also chip-in with their views. And also the cost at which we would be able to take control of it.

Our falling economy is probably one of the reason that except for moral support, we can't actively help the Kashmiris in IOK. Apart from the Ummah stuff, what economic and strategic benefits do we get by making IOK part of Pakistan. The two points I can straightaway I can think of is 1) control of rivers 2) better linkage with China. It would be nice if other members also chip-in with their views. And also the cost at which we would be able to take control of it.

Good points, but India can not stop or control the three western rivers plus Indus, and only construct run-of-the-river power generation projects. Also, our link through China is through Baltistan, not Kashmir.

They and we are not Europeans.

You think mothers growing up traumatized by their past of them and their daughters being raped by Indian soliders. Or how Indian soldiers will storm into a mosque without a single degree of respect.

Or how about abducting young boys, never to be seen again.

This isn't progress, India is not enlightened, they are occupying Kashmir to spite Pakistan, that is it.

Kashmiris want to taste freedom from all of this suffering. No amount of money can change the past.

Back
Top Bottom