What's new

Imran Khan signals desire to build bridges with Washington

now now
lets not be hasty .
if I had a say in it. for a start I can share a recipe of a killer dish but that's pretty much it for now.

No rush here. Anyone who wishes so badly to get back into power will do anything to generate a compromise to help them do so. Sadly predictable.

If IK has to come back, it is imperative he keeps the US in his good books and vice versa.
US should be played like we played them in Afghanistan. Yes yes yes and keep killing the bastards

Anything for the pm chair……anything

Kursi de do bas…..kursi k liyay sala kuch b kerayga
That's you as well.
You will do anything for money..I mean you are paksitani after all ...right

Talking points:

1. Positive signals from both sides. Rapproachment is possible.

2. US is important for Pakistan's economy, and can help rebuild Pakistan's economy. Khan understands as much.

3. Lobbying efforts in US shall be revisited. Pakistani Americans can play a constructive role.

While I had thought that Americans would rather not work with Imran Khan, they really didn't have to be actively involved to overthrow him. That Pakistan is such a weak State where a mere diplomatic letter from a D-Grade American official could overthrow a government in a nuclear power like Pakistan--which implicitly says that the highest powers in Pakistan would rather compromise Pakistan's own interests than to uphold Pakistan's own interests--reflects so badly on Pakistan. And the fact that Imran Khan's lies about the 'regime change' have been internalized by so many Pakistanis and Pakistanis of this forum--it's even more troubling. Why blame the 'Modi Bakthts' for anything then??

I have been dejected about Pakistan and about Pakistanis' thought processes since April 2022 when finally, after decades of not paying attention to the Pakistani politics, I decided to look and what I found has been very disappointing. All Imran Khan had to do in the spring of 2022 was to blame the Zardaris and the Sharifs of buying the loyalties of the members of the Parliament. Much more believable than blaming the Americans and the vanguard of the Pakistan's sovereignty, which is the Pakistan military. Imran would have held the higher moral ground AND still be a potent political force in defeat. I had no doubts about his chances to come back based on those facts. But yet he played with Pakistan's future just to stay in power. He totally unnecessarily accused the Americans of the regime change. And in doing so, he pointed fingers at the highest powers in Pakistan for being America's accomplices!!!!! That he portrayed Pakistan as a veritable Banana Republic should be for all the world to see. And all his tantrums were totally unnecessary and absolutely reckless. A mere flick of Biden's pen would have crippled Pakistani economy--and without even needing the UNSC resolutions.

Such is the caliber of Pakistan's politicians--including its latest fallen Messiah.

I don't think there is any U-Turn by Khan. If you watch his interviews his been saying for a long time "We want good relations with the US, we want with everybody". By saying what happened is behind them is him giving an olive branch to the US administration to say I am ready to work with you. Trump will likely be back and he had good relations with that Administration, with Biden it will be fractious similar to BiBi's with Biden and Israel is a major ally of the US.

IK may have put the claimed conspiracy "behind him", but will that be enough to make USA forget IK's falsehoods and that trip to Moscow? Dialogue is good, but it seems that IK will have to offer something more than just being contrite to get somewhere.
1. IK's falsehoods will have no impact on relations with Pakistan, except U.S. foreign policy folks scratching their head with bemusement. Also, nobody will care much for the Moscow visit. Except may be wonder at his tone deafness.
2. For now, IK is a private citizen. U.S. Government has no business with him till he wins some election or otherwise gets into the government.

Pakistan under Khan had a policy of we wish to be natural and be friends will all rather than be in a particular camp. The Americans said nope you are with us or with no one.

The problem is are we a nation or not? Do we have an independent policy or are we slaves

U.S. Government has no business with him till he wins some election or otherwise gets into the government.

Constant "backdoor" communications are surprisingly common and will remain so. ;)

Constant "backdoor" communications are surprisingly common and will remain so. ;)
Communications are important and useful. But by now, they know they are dealing with a teenager.

Communications are important and useful. But by now, they know they are dealing with a teenager.

It does not matter. One just has to find a way to suitably mold whatever characteristics are useful.

1. IK's falsehoods will have no impact on relations with Pakistan, except U.S. foreign policy folks scratching their head with bemusement. Also, nobody will care much for the Moscow visit. Except may be wonder at his tone deafness.
2. For now, IK is a private citizen. U.S. Government has no business with him till he wins some election or otherwise gets into the government.
ahh, you need to revise your baloney once again. that poo stain donald duck was speaking with its senate? or whomever and pretty much told in camera that Pakistan will need to correct its course. the bleeding video can be found on youtube!

so for you to bleet this that his visit to moscow was nothing, BUT it rang alarm bells in yankee doodle ville.

If anything the yanks are playing the Pontius Pilate and washing their hands of this debacle they were involved in weather fully or partially. they had their filthy hands in it.

Well technically, it was a United States Prosecutor who said it. A chaprasi, imagine an elected official's opinion about Pakistan, and funnily enough, we made a hue and cry and lodged protests over a chaprasi.

Besides Pakistani protests, history has shown this nation another face and no possible way to salvage its image. Next, I'm sure Pakistanis would sell their wives and daughters.
How many times have you sold yours?-"wives and daughters"

No rush here. Anyone who wishes so badly to get back into power will do anything to generate a compromise to help them do so. Sadly predictable.
Water is flexible and can change course easily but it breaks mountains. Never underestimate

Imran Khan signals desire to build bridges with Washington now ? lolwut :P

Guy does not seem to know whether he's coming or going.

The real bridge he needs to mend and rebuild is with Bajwa sb and the military establishment.

Used to think it was Bilawal who was your Raul Ghandy, but no.. turns out IK is the pappu of Pakistan. :laugh:

donald duck was speaking with its senate? or whomever and pretty much told in camera that Pakistan will need to correct its course. the bleeding video can be found on youtube!
Trump was talking about Pakistan's perfidy in Afghanistan. He stopped being president in 2021. Moscow visit is 2022.
so for you to bleet this that his visit to moscow was nothing, BUT it rang alarm bells in yankee doodle ville.
Concern at the lowest level. As concerning as the "Cipher" drama.

Imran Khan signals desire to build bridges with Washington now ? lolwut :P

Guy does not seem to know whether he's coming or going.

The real bridge he needs to mend and rebuild is with Bajwa sb and the military establishment.

Used to think it was Bilawal who was your Raul Ghandy, but no.. turns out IK is the pappu of Pakistan. :laugh:
You should worry about Modi who is a numpty. Khan is many levels above him.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom