What's new

Impressive China-Shenzhen Skyline from Diwang Tower

Pakchina

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have post a lot of photos of my trip to China. See the multimedia and general photos forum. Here again are some photos taken, using my basic Nokia cellphone, from the Diwang Building the second tallest in Shenzhen.
The below building is very impressive, the highest in Shenzhen and perhaps the second tallest in China. This tower is very futuristic and its like a spaceship. I have never seen this before not even in Dubai. However there is another one in Dameisha-see my thread-with panoramic lift and another one in Guangzhou which is even more incredible with illumination at night.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

To be honest, I have only visited this city once and hated it. Any other Chinese city has more soul and spirit than this one. Maybe in 50 years, something like a local identity will emerge and then soul and spirit will have fertile soil to grow.

Götterdämmerung;3597047 said:
To be honest, I have only visited this city once and hated it. Any other Chinese city has more soul and spirit than this one. Maybe in 50 years, something like a local identity will emerge and then soul and spirit will have fertile soil to grow.

well this city is practically new, there are very few actually locals(people who have live in the area for generations) things like "spirit and local culture" will take some time to develop, for the time being its a business city nothing more nothing less

What happened to good old chinese buildings??
building2.jpg

Don't particularly like this kind of attraction which ruins the natural scenery. US has this kind of thing too in the Grand Canyon if i'm correct.

Don't particularly like this kind of attraction which ruins the natural scenery. US has this kind of thing too in the Grand Canyon if i'm correct.

Actually you hardly realize it exists unless you're near it. Unlike the picture above it's very small. I've been in the one in Grand Canyon and the view was simply magnificent.

I personal dislike visiting big cities. I love small unique villages, even if they're shanty and run down, mountains, rivers and wilderness.

Splendid China 锦绣中华 is a miniature theme on Chinese structures and culture located in Shenzhen.

splendidchinagreatwall.jpg

GreatWallatSplendidChina.jpg

splendidchinabeijing.jpg

1659_23b.jpg

1659_21b.jpg

1659_11b.jpg

splendidchina.jpg

Insider the China Folk Culture Village there are many unique villages from the 56 ethnic groups.

1659_1b.jpg

Now that's awesome, reminds me of madurodam miniature world. Only this one is way cooler :D

The Window of the World 世界之窗 or 小人国 a theme park located in western Shenzhen. It has about 130 reproductions of some of the most famous tourist attractions in the world squeezed into 48 hectares. The 108 meter (354 ft) tall Eiffel Tower dominates the skyline and the sight of the Pyramids and the Taj Mahal all in proximity to each other are all part of the appeal of this theme park.

Of course there are many international eateries as well.

The entrance, the rest you should know

1103160600333798.jpg

Window_of_the_World_SZ.jpg

Shenzen_077.jpg

Taj_Mahal_mini.jpg

3169477.JPG

594866_140951412193_2.jpg

2346088_091440012550_2.jpg

2889686_101415136867_2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom