What's new

IMF:Bangladesh GDP 249 Billion USD, Per capita 1,525 USD in 2017.

testicles remain testicles , no matter how big they are.

Well in reality i have alot of friends from bangladesh, in Pakistan usualy we feel happy to learn bangladesh is progressing. We hope best for you guys. but when u guys abuse my country or say these things like you guys woulda shoulda... it just irritates. there is alot to catch up and you guys need to come out from 1971. there is alot to learn from each other. At the end we all are currently poor 3rd world countries.

Well in reality i have alot of friends from bangladesh, in Pakistan usualy we feel happy to learn bangladesh is progressing. We hope best for you guys. but when u guys abuse my country or say these things like you guys woulda shoulda... it just irritates. there is alot to catch up and you guys need to come out from 1971. there is alot to learn from each other. At the end we all are currently poor 3rd world countries.

Tomorrow Pakistan and India would disintegrate if Bangladesh proposes.

Bangladeshi orgasmic fantasies have no bounds.

Bangladesh doesn't have Garment quotas in most major markets. No longer a factor.

Man - are you blinded by hate or what?.....:-)

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/countries/bangladesh/

As a Least Developed Country (LDC), Bangladesh benefits from the most favourable regime available under the EU's Generalized Scheme of Preferences (GSP), namely the Everything But Arms (EBA) arrangement. EBA grants the 48 LDCs – including Bangladesh – duty free quota, free access to the EU for exports of all products, except arms and ammunition.

• The EU is Bangladesh's main trading partner, accounting for around 23.9% of Bangladesh's total trade in 2015 and absorbing 46.7% of its exports.
  • EU imports from Bangladesh are dominated by textile and clothing, accounting for 93.8% of the EU's total imports from Bangladesh in 2016.
So 45% of all your exports go to one market under GSP scheme floated by EU for LDCs.

Also you urge USA who is not as benevolent as EU to grant duty free access to an LDC.

Bangladesh on Wednesday called upon the United States for granting Duty Free Quota Free (DFQF) market access to US for all the Least Developed Countries (LDCs),

http://www.theindependentbd.com/arcprint/details/85747/2017-03-17

If duty free access is not relevant why you are urging USA for it?

Bangladesh doesn't have Garment quotas in most major markets. No longer a factor.

Man - are you blinded by hate or what?.....:-)
Who told you? why you guys lie alot

As a Least Developed Country (LDC), Bangladesh benefits from the most favourable regime available under the EU's Generalized Scheme of Preferences (GSP), namely the Everything But Arms (EBA) arrangement. EBA grants the 48 LDCs – including Bangladesh – duty free quota, free access to the EU for exports of all products, except arms and ammunition.

You won't see me bringing up 1971 stuff anywhere. But what P!sses me off is when I see others saying BD is a vassal state or very backward country(which is true when someone from a developed country says, but not when someone from a 3rd world country says)

I actually wish Pakistan to do well too.

Who told you? why you guys lie alot

BD lost GSP facility after a garment incident.

You won't see me bringing up 1971 stuff anywhere. But what P!sses me off is when I see others saying BD is a vassal state or very backward country(which is true when someone from a developed country says, but not when someone from a 3rd world country says)

I actually wish Pakistan to do well too.

BD lost GSP facility after a garment incident.

Well the data is latest for year 2016-17 and no where mentioned that GSP status is suspended. Though they have mentioned about improving work environment in bangladesh. There is a reason that the export to europe increased substantially.

In July 2013, in response to the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory complex which killed scores of workers, the EU took the initiative of launching a Sustainability Compact for Bangladesh with the aim of improving labour rights and factory safety in the ready-made garment industry. The initiative brings together the EU, the Government of Bangladesh, the USA, Canada - i.e. the main markets for Bangladeshi garment production - as well as the International labour Organisation (ILO). The Compact is based on short and long term commitments related to three inter-linked pillars:

from 2010-2014 our GPD growth was almost stagnant bec of ongoing security opertaions and then during that i think you guys changed your base year also, while we were using 2000 base year as we didnt have census since 1998, which are currently in progress. for current year our growth rate will be 5.2-5.5 so this gap will increase further.
you can see from GDP PPP which shows real consumption power of the country. which is way more than Bangladesh.

if you will check any forecast from IMF, WB <ADB, you guys will never able to surprass Pakistan.
The reasosns can b many like area, limited resources , over population etc

The reasons can be many like area, limited resources , over population etc

While I do not want to engage in comparisons, I felt that clearing some misconceptions (in my opinion) may be necessary....

1. For 'Area',

While Pakistan's Arable land >Hectares per capita is 0.0499
Ranked 157th. 0.118
Ranked 111th. 2 times more than Bangladesh

Bangladesh's Cereal yield > Kg per hectare 3,971.6
Ranked 38th. 49% more than Pakistan

So cereal output is roughly the same.

2. For 'Limited resources', Japan or Taiwan having no resources did not stop them from becoming economic powerhouses. What counts is actually value addition.....resources can be imported rather cheaply, like we do with cotton from Pakistan.....

3. For 'Over-population'

Bangladesh fertility rate is 2.18 children per woman vs. 3.62 children per woman in Pakistan. Our rate is even lower than India.

I checked back. It was for 2016. I apologize, I was under the impression that it was for 2017.

But that doesn't cha ge the fact that we have a much faster growth rate. The difference is below 100 now. It used to be around 400 USD 10 years back. Besides 1468 is also almost equal to 1550. The difference is 5.2%. 5% is sometimes referred as Margin of error.

The data is not final yet. Its the outlook for 2017. WE have to wait till June budget, when we will get the actual figure. We never increased our per capita GDP less than 100 dollar in the last 10 years. How its going to be 57 dollar at the time of highest growth rate ever?

Last edited:
While I do not want to engage in comparisons, I felt that clearing some misconceptions (in my opinion) may be necessary....

1. For 'Area',

While Pakistan's Arable land >Hectares per capita is 0.0499
Ranked 157th. 0.118
Ranked 111th. 2 times more than Bangladesh

Bangladesh's Cereal yield > Kg per hectare 3,971.6
Ranked 38th. 49% more than Pakistan

So cereal output is roughly the same.

2. For 'Limited resources', Japan or Taiwan having no resources did not stop them from becoming economic powerhouses. What counts is actually value addition.....resources can be imported rather cheaply, like we do with cotton from Pakistan.....

3. For 'Over-population'

Bangladesh fertility rate is 2.18 children per woman vs. 3.62 children per woman in Pakistan. Our rate is even lower than India.

see you are being selective in your comaprisons, We are net exporter of grains while you are net importer. We are net exporter of Cement while you are net importer etc

Even our fertility rate is high but so our area is also. We have 7 times larger area than Bangladesh. over population in comparison with area and resources you have.

You can't compare 1st world develop countries with third world developing countries. Those countries were have strong industrial base for growth while you are nill in this your only major thing is textiles and thats all.

Japan Area is 350K KM while bangladesh is 147K Km, their Population density is 347 while your one is 1350.

So i dont know how you can compare with Japan. Even taiwan population density is half than yours.

see you are being selective in your comaprisons, We are net exporter of grains while you are net importer. We are net exporter of Cement while you are net importer etc

Even our fertility rate is high but so our area is also. We have 7 times larger area than Bangladesh. over population in comparison with area and resources you have.

You can't compare 1st world develop countries with third world developing countries. Those countries were have strong industrial base for growth while you are nill in this your only major thing is textiles and thats all.

Japan Area is 350K KM while bangladesh is 147K Km, their Population density is 347 while your one is 1350.

So i dont know how you can compare with Japan. Even taiwan population density is half than yours.
If we're talking about pop density then what about Singapore? Altho I'm not sure what is the argument here.

The data is not final yeat. Its the outlook for 2017. WE have to wait till June budget, when we will get the actual figure. We never increased our per capita GDP less than 100 dollar in the last 10 years. How its going to be 57 dollar at the time of highest growth rate ever?
Well emotions can not change the fact while time will tel.

In reality you guys never gonna over take Pakistan, Thats wat is being said by IDB, ADB, IMF, WB. Thats all. If you guys are increasing 100Usd a year. doesnt mean we are stagnant.

If we're talking about pop density then what about Singapore? Altho I'm not sure what is the argument here.

You need to look into ground reality. its about limited resources to feed larger population, more difficult to manage.

Well signapore GDP is contracting and the reason is same.

The data is not final yeat. Its the outlook for 2017. WE have to wait till June budget, when we will get the actual figure. We never increased our per capita GDP less than 100 dollar in the last 10 years. How its going to be 57 dollar at the time of highest growth rate ever?
Sooner or later I think we'll overtake Pakistan in terms of Nominal GDP per capita. 5.5-6% growth rate is good for them while I find 6.9% to be too low for us.

Sooner or later I think we'll overtake Pakistan in terms of Nominal GDP per capita. 5.5-6% growth rate is good for them while I find 6.9% to be too low for us.

Who said our growth will remain stuck here?
see you guys can just talk talk and talk. any future forecast?

You guys celebrated on PWC report for Bangladesh, did you even bother to check where Pakistan will be. As i said no one have ever mentioned bangladesh will over take Pakistan. So please man talk about facts. When you will then you can say. I will b happy to learn. But when facts are other way around then you guys should remain silent.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/ranke...es-in-2030-2017-2/#29-vietnam-1303-trillion-4

Back
Top Bottom