What's new

Images : MiG-29 and MiG-29 UB fighters of Bangladesh Air Force

The Migs and sukhois are the most beutiful planes, the UB is more better looking, the radar just gets the nose really bulbous. But OMG, why this color scheme?

The Migs and sukhois are the most beutiful planes, the UB is more better looking, the radar just gets the nose really bulbous. But OMG, why this color scheme?

I noticed your avatar is a pic of the MiG-29 cockpit :azn:

Apparently, the color scheme was chosen so that it is harder for the enemy to spot it in the sky. Weirdest idea I have ever heard.

I noticed your avatar is a pic of the MiG-29 cockpit :azn:

Apparently, the color scheme was chosen so that it is harder for the enemy to spot it in the sky. Weirdest idea I have ever heard.

Yes it is. Nice spotting you did!, isn't grey the more suitable one?

Yes it is. Nice spotting you did!, isn't grey the more suitable one?

Yes, I believe beige (off-white) or grey is more suitable.

I don't know, maybe whoever was in charged liked the weird blue color better.

At times I have come to believe that Bangladeshis can have a weird taste in colors! "><

I went for Eid shopping today, and there were all kinds of traditional clothes for men with weird, gay colors and designs. They weren't cheap! :lol:

Rear angle view of a flying triplet :

di-G5O6.jpg

Related triplet photo in post # 4

Sorry to say but I have walked around, touched and an sat in the Mig-29 and its appearance or finish is not poor contrary to popular belief.

i dont think he meant the overall design, (which i think is pretty badass) i think he meant the airframe's condition. if u look at it carefully it looks like someone hammered it badly, the surface of the airframe is not smooth and sleek as comapre to other aircrafts..

I went for Eid shopping today, and there were all kinds of traditional clothes for men with weird, gay colors and designs. They weren't cheap! :lol:

No kidding. It's geting gay and more gay every other year. These damn bright colors make me puke.For this reason I stop buying Bd made kurta payjama long ago. I prefer Kurta suit made in Pakistan. Better suit my personality.

In fact, during the BNP administration, the MiGs were grounded and seriously thought about selling them.

@mil-avia: How many MiG-29s are operational? What's their current status?

Seeing as Bangladesh also has Mig 29s too , do you lot train a lot with the Indian air force and if so how far is the relationship?????

No kidding. It's geting gay and more gay every other year. These damn bright colors make me puke.For this reason I stop buying Bd made kurta payjama long ago. I prefer Kurta suit made in Pakistan. Better suit my personality.

Do you mean salwar kameez or just kurta??? Btw have you tried Pakistani dhoti?????

Seeing as Bangladesh also has Mig 29s too , do you lot train a lot with the Indian air force and if so how far is the relationship?????

Indian forces and we do have training regularly...but mostly between the land forces if i can correctly recall. For instance, there has been commando exercises few years back.

I did not come over any air force exercise or training in recent times.

Cheers!!!

In regular army and commando training exercises, yes. For air force - no.

In regular army and commando training exercises, yes. For air force - no.

Why not an air exercise I don't want to say that our pilots are really good but we are flying this beauty for quite a time now a joint exercise can help your pilots really good , could the reason be the political one
And don't you think 10-20 migs will be useless in a real wartime situation.

Why not an air exercise I don't want to say that our pilots are really good but we are flying this beauty for quite a time now a joint exercise can help your pilots really good , could the reason be the political one
That was extremely arrogant of you to make that remark!The objective of a Joint exercise is to learn.And the BanglaAF have good amounts of experience in operating these!
And yes,the reason is political.
As far as the numbers go,they do not have many adversaries,the only one I can guess is Myanmar Junta's AF and if they even think of aggression,the world will pull a Iran on it and their shiny SMT's will rot due to lack of spares and adding to their misery will be supercop(Amreeka)'s Nimitz's!

Well, it isn't cheap for Bangladesh to operate those MiGs. So, let alone weekend exercises. Actually, the MiGs were said to be so inefficient in terms of cost and maintenance, that they seriously considered selling them. Russian after-sales support are a nightmare. We even have overhaul them all the way in Ukraine!

Another thing is that only 8 MiGs are operational, including 2 UBs. Originally, 16 were ordered. But then, the original order size was reduced to half. This suggests inadequate planning as far as the requirements of the BAF go. The MiG deal was riddled with corruption as well, so there was politics even behind that deal.

The MiG pilots are well trained. It's a tough task to learn how to fly them. It is a very unforgiving bird. Also, another thing is that the BAF operates on a strangely limited budget. So, they do their best.

I think it would have been better if they went for Mirage-2000s or just wait for F-16s (GoB apparently wanted some back in the 80s). And if I were to buy new and fancy aircraft, I'd make sure I have the necessary infrastructure to take care of them, including overhauling operations.

That was extremely arrogant of you to make that remark!The objective of a Joint exercise is to learn.And the BanglaAF have good amounts of experience in operating these!
And yes,the reason is political.
As far as the numbers go,they do not have many adversaries,the only one I can guess is Myanmar Junta's AF and if they even think of aggression,the world will pull a Iran on it and their shiny SMT's will rot due to lack of spares and adding to their misery will be supercop(Amreeka)'s Nimitz's!

And how was that arrogant sir?? what I meant was that a joint exercise will be beneficial for their pilots and for ours too . Maybe the words I choose were wrong.

I love MiG's. They liberated us and it is gratifying to see them guard our skies now as fulfill our destiny. Operational compatibility with IAF will be beneficial as well. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom