What's new

Images : MiG-29 and MiG-29 UB fighters of Bangladesh Air Force

Touch-down on Kurmitola AFB runway by a MiG-29 SE aircraft with its tailplanes deflected, 1024 × 702 pixels :
62404_1301695149.jpg

Related images : Variable Fighters

BAF MiG-29 scale model :D

DSC02056.JPG

DSC02062.JPG

DSC02057.JPG

DSC02063.JPG

DSC02058.JPG

DSC02060.JPG

DSC02057.JPG

By the way, this model wasn't made by me. It was made by a Korean.

With US offering India F-35, does that change the equation anyways for BD. Will BD acquire for Migs?

With US offering India F-35, does that change the equation anyways for BD. Will BD acquire for Migs?

Seeing from the discussions on India defense, I doubt if India would go for the F-35, unless they really want a modern VTOL aircraft for their carriers. The F-35 is the only aircraft out there with that ability. The Americans offered India to participate in the JSF program. They rejected the offer, and instead went on to focus on HAL/Sukhoi FGFA.

As far as additional MiGs go, I doubt if it'd be in the interests of the BAF.

And most importantly, the classic MiG-29 production is no more. With Myanmar being the last country to order the classic Fulcrum. The Russians are now shifting their focus to production of MiG-29K(Navy), M1, M1 and the all new MiG-35.
Russia Discontinues Classical MiG-29 Production

I don't think wallet would allow the BAF to go for the MiG-35 at the moment or anytime soon. So, it may be the FC-1 or the FC-20. We just don't know.

Seeing from the discussions on India defense, I doubt if India would go for the F-35, unless they really want a modern VTOL aircraft for their carriers. The F-35 is the only aircraft out there with that ability. The Americans offered India to participate in the JSF program. They rejected the offer, and instead went on to focus on HAL/Sukhoi FGFA.

As far as additional MiGs go, I doubt if it'd be in the interests of the BAF.

And most importantly, the classic MiG-29 production is no more. With Myanmar being the last country to order the classic Fulcrum. The Russians are now shifting their focus to production of MiG-29K(Navy), M1, M1 and the all new MiG-35.
Russia Discontinues Classical MiG-29 Production

I don't think wallet would allow the BAF to go for the MiG-35 at the moment or anytime soon. So, it may be the FC-1 or the FC-20. We just don't know.

I feel the Gripen will be an excellent choice for BD. Its modular design and low maintenance should give BD a great fighter to protect its boundaries.

I feel the Gripen will be an excellent choice for BD. Its modular design and low maintenance should give BD a great fighter to protect its boundaries.

Indeed, but only if wallet allows. And that the countries leaders are committed. I did also highly recommend the F-16 blk 60 as well.

Indeed, but only if wallet allows. And that the countries leaders are committed. I did also highly recommend the F-16 blk 60 as well.

I wouldn't touch anything american with a 12ft pole. They do tend to fcuk up quite so often. Unless you buy enough and in bulk to dictate terms Europeans (specially the french!) are the best choice.

I don't think the Gripens are expensive

Gripen is expensive. Will cost around $40-60 million. So will SU-35, which is approximately $45-65 million.

US warplanes - a big no-no from me. Dealing with the strings attached is not our cup of tea, especially when our force is cash-strapped.

Best would be, as mentioned earlier here as well, JF-17 and J-10...which are affordable in many aspects. I dont see anything apart from this in our air-force in years to come. Though i hope the equation changes and we get better birds.

And yes, Eid Mubarak to all the members here.

Cheers!!!

I wouldn't touch anything american with a 12ft pole. They do tend to fcuk up quite so often. Unless you buy enough and in bulk to dictate terms Europeans (specially the french!) are the best choice.

I don't think the Gripens are expensive

Gripen is expensive. Will cost around $40-60 million. So will SU-35, which is approximately $45-65 million.

US warplanes - a big no-no from me. Dealing with the strings attached is not our cup of tea, especially when our force is cash-strapped.

Best would be, as mentioned earlier here as well, JF-17 and J-10...which are affordable in many aspects. I dont see anything apart from this in our air-force in years to come. Though i hope the equation changes and we get better birds.

And yes, Eid Mubarak to all the members here.

Cheers!!!

*sigh*

Are you guys forgetting that 20% of all Gripen's components are US-made? Even the AMRAAM missile it uses is American, and I doubt if that important missile would be offered to us initially and quickly.

We have been dealing with the Chinese and Russians for a long time. The SD-10 on the JF-17 and J-10B is good.

And if wallet allows, Typhoons and Rafales (will be using Meteor missile within 2012). They just outclass any Chinese jet out there.

The R-27 missiles used on our MiGs are old Soviet-era designs. The classic MiG-29 production lines are no more.

Back
Top Bottom