What's new

If Pakistan boycotts India at ICC tournaments, they will pay for it: Rajiv Shukla

Cricket was once gentleman's game then Indians start playing it.

Hmm.... A gentleman's act...and many more...
316262-3x2-340x227.jpg

And dont forget Pakistan cricket has second biggest number of followers(200 million) after indians so dont act like you are number one and we are at the bottom
hmm..Due to that mentioned number... World cricketers are feeling so insecure that..They don want to play at pakistani soil.... Huge pressure ...

under-pressure-huge-hand-over-small-guy-bearing-giant-35657784.jpg

BCCI is picking a fight by not agreeing to MOUs it signed for Pakistan support for big 3

Then it is a fight that PCB can not win.

A lesson from recent history.

PCB didn't support the big 3 out of the good ness of its heart.

Initially excellent terms were offered to Pakistan for its yes vote on new rules. But PCB tried everything to drown the big 3 proposal.

It rallied many countries behind it, but in the end it was left standing alone as every other cricketing nation accepted the new rules.

Defeated, bowl in hand, it came back, ready to sign on same terms.

But this time BCCI included a Force Majoire clause in its MOU with Pakistan. Which required India to play with Pakistan barring any superior force(in this case Indian government) prohibited it.

Here PCB was simply outmanoeuvred by BCCI. It is unlikely PCB would survive were it to pick a fight with BCCI.

And dont forget Pakistan cricket has second biggest number of followers(200 million) after indians so dont act like you are number one and we are at the bottom
Second biggest majority or largest minority?

BCCI is picking a fight by not agreeing to MOUs it signed for Pakistan support for big 3
Though MoUs are not a legal agreement in themselves. They indicates the intentions of doing things, but does not necessary mean to get the things done also. Moreover the security aspect is the real challenge. There is no doubt that Pakistan is not at all safe place for our cricket team which has lots of non-muslim players. And given the hate Pakistan shows towards Hindus in PDF, our players' lives are not safe in Pakistan.

Well BCCI doesn't hold much respect among Indians, we would have been alright of they pointed out to its mistakes,

But now our neighbors are targeting India through it. So let it be.

Mai ye khule aam kehna chata hun ki jo ukadhna hai ukhad lo.

Aakhir me jo apni Aukaat ke bahar jata hai, uaki baand bajni hai.

Go BCCI, screw them more.

I will be happy if they don't step in India.

Well BCCI doesn't hold much respect among Indians, we would have been alright of they pointed out to its mistakes,

First time I would be more than happy if they don't play India, India always brings politics into sports, If India doesn't want to play Pakistan in the proposed series, than that's fine, so please India don't cry if Pakistan doesn't want to play against India, it just doesn't make any sense when politics are mixed into sports.

@koolio

India brings politic into sports? So do you expect us to be nice with you and you continue to meddle into your jugglar vein which is in our control?

And please don't give your team a pain to come here. You all are most unwelcome.

We are better off .

Reacting to Shahryar Khan's recent statement of boycotting India in ICC tournaments if they refused to play the proposed series against Pakistan in December, IPL Chairman Rajiv Shukla on Saturday said PCB will have to bear the brunt in that case.

Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Shaharyar was yesterday quoted as saying that "if the Indian Cricket Board officially backs out of the series in December, then we have the option of boycotting all matches against them in ICC and ACC events".

"Is this statement of Shaharyar Khan a threat to the BCCI or the ICC?," asked Shukla. "PCB is bound by the rules of the ICC, if it backs out it will have to bear the fine," he said at the 'Hindustan Shikhar Samagam' on Saturday.
Stating that no country wants to play in Pakistan, Shukla has asked the PCB if they could guarantee full security to the Indian players.

"I want to make an appeal...can you (PCB) guarantee the security to the players in its country? Because of security concerns, leave alone England and Australia, even Bangladesh team does not want to go there," Shukla said.

Refusing there is any possibility of a cricket series in December, Shukla said, "After finalising the cricket series with Pakistan, we will go to the Government for permission.

But before that there are a number of issues that have to be resolved, so there is no chance of a series in December." Meanwhile, Shukla maintained that he was not in the race for the post of the BCCI president.

Shukla applauded the contribution of former India openers -- Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir -- who were also present on the occasion. In fact, he went on to say that in some ways he considered Sehwag better that even Sachin Tendulkar.

Sehwag expressed pleasure over the selection of Ganguly as the Chairman of Bengal Cricket Association, saying it is better if players take over the reins of associations as they will be able to understand things better.

On Shukla's suggestion for him to enter politics, Sehwag said, "I've been working hard on cricket in the last 15 years and can't do politics right now. Will think about it later." He added in a lighter vein: "The option of Rajya Sabha is better. As you have got Sachin there you can do the same for me also."

Gambhir, however, had different views. "I think it would be better if we contest and reach parliament so that we know whether people want to see us there or not."

If Pakistan boycotts India at ICC tournaments, they will pay for it: Rajiv Shukla | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Someone needs to tell this idiot the proposed series was going to be held in the U.A.E...not in Pakistan

@koolio

India brings politic into sports? So do you expect us to be nice with you and you continue to meddle into your jugglar vein which is in our control?

And please don't give your team a pain to come here. You all are most unwelcome.

We are better off .

Good for you, what are you doing on Pakistani forum?

Bari Ghalatfehmi hai hazoor ko, lagta hai raath OK aapki lay Kay koyie moun kergaya hai check kerna kahein isi tu nahien thee.

There is a big misconception here that he BCCI has some sort of leverage with Pakistan. Actually of the teams in the World, BCCI has the least influence here of any nation.

Except for a short ODI series in India in 2013, we have not played a bilateral series since 2007, i.e the period of our isolation. We are not earning any money from playing with India, and as for the losses in revenue etc, that has already happened and been factored in, and our revenue streams are now different to reflect this reality (ever wonder why every series has about 7084 sponsors? Thats why).

India on the other hand stands to lose a lot. Any tournament that has the India-Pakistan match as the showpiece game, the one that gets broadcast money, gate receipts, sponsors etc. If that does not happen, the BCCI (which gets most of this) takes a massive hit.

Mr Khan knows this, and thats why he is doing it. He is a career diplomat and when he was foreign secretary is when Pakistan's nuclear programme was under pressure and the USSR was in Afghanistan........ he has handled the USSR/USA/UK, do you really think that BCCI is anything?

Back
Top Bottom