What's new

If I were a dictator, I would introduce Gita in Class I: Supreme Court judge

@ayesha.a

to your post

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

your sarcasm, so subtle eh? :D
Not so much :p:

See the highlighted parts. Okay for a religious philosopher to speak like that, not so for a Supreme court judge. I find that holding such a simplistic view of the world we live in is naive, especially if the person holding such a view is a judge of the apex court. You could choose to disagree if you think otherwise.

Let us review the highlighted points.

Our old tradition such as 'guru-shishya parampara' is lost,
if it had been there, we would not have had all these problems (violence and terrorism) in our country," Justice Dave said, speaking at an international conference on 'contemporary issues and challenges of human rights in the era of globalization' here.

Terrorism stems from frustrated people with no one to guide them, who then become targets for terror recruiters. We call them "misguided" people. If there is a 'guru' in society to guide them along the right path then the system corrects itself.

2. "Now we see terrorism in countries. Most of the countries are democratic ... If everybody in a democratic country is good then they would naturally elect somebody who is very good. And that person will never think of damaging anybody else," he said.

Good means people who understand dharma, duties and responsibilities to themselves and society. Almost all the ills in the world comes from people not performing their duties or being unaware of their duties. Correct this and accountability and responsiveness increases.

3. "So by bringing (out) all the good things in each and every human being, we can stop the violence everywhere. And for that purpose we have to go back to our own things again."

We stop violence by having the courage to take action against what is wrong. Not by being mute spectators and sharing folders with the enemy. But for that people have to be convinced that fighting evil is their dharma.

It may or may not be a perfect solution. But it is a Solution.

Instead of saying "If was a dictator", he could have mentioned "If I were to decide", and all was alright perhaps.

In my humble opinion, there is nothing wrong to introduce kids to their history at an early age during pre-KG and KG in the form of short stories.

I have read Gita and Maha Bharata (as well as new and old testaments of Bible) when I was in School, simply out of curiosity (and they were in my parents library anyway), and I admired them.

Yes i sure agree with this

Reminds me of those days when everyone froma family would be glued to the T.V when Ramayan was aired on DD national......good old days :(

mahabharata has lot of sex and violence, its an adults only book. :sick:
there's a lot of sex in real life aswell that doesn't mean someone shouldn't write an Autobiograpy :p:.....there's a lot to learn from it apart from sex.....bt most of'em choose the erotic part :D

Take his opinion in a positive attitude you can see is relevant in now a days.
If we extract some parts of these texts we can create valuable enjoyable small stories that is valuable for our kids.
Panchantra stories of Vishnugupta itself develop the rational thinking of kids.

Let us review the highlighted points.

Terrorism stems from frustrated people with no one to guide them, who then become targets for terror recruiters. We call them "misguided" people. If there is a 'guru' in society to guide them along the right path then the system corrects itself.

Good means people who understand dharma, duties and responsibilities to themselves and society. Almost all the ills in the world comes from people not performing their duties or being unaware of their duties. Correct this and accountability and responsiveness increases.

We stop violence by having the courage to take action against what is wrong. Not by being mute spectators and sharing folders with the enemy. But for that people have to be convinced that fighting evil is their dharma.

It may or may not be a perfect solution. But it is a Solution.

Best of luck !

So you think that was an argument? :o:

You would never stand a second before a judge of a lower court if you argue that way, let alone a judge of apex court. Yeah, but here the argument, so-called, is presented by none other than the judge of a highest court himself so situation is pretty unusual.

Dictator is the most evil word in a constitution of a democratic country, judges who take oath under the constitution swear that they would protect the constitution (in gist) - interestingly that argument came from a judge who had swore to protect the constitution. That's the point you seem to have overlooked.

If I were an Indian I would have expected the judge arguing " If I become a primer, of course after retirement, I would make those sacred scriptures part of curriculum"
--
yes .. you are right
see in professional life
some time you have PERSONAL opinion which may not syinc with their PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
i again stand by my argument ...
its his personal opinion..
if he mix personal opinion with professional responsibity.. he is gulity of that postion...
--
Gita ,, quran ,, bible.. etc
have g8 value in life if learn for day to day life.. not religious...
i never read quran .. but know few things which i appriciate
same for Gita is g8 soruce of knowledge of practical use ...
so his opinon based on 'Learning for life " then i stand by him
if its for relgious purpose then NO. and i dont think so he will also vouch this line ....

Nothing wrong in it,,,,i enjoy mythology even though i am not religious.
Its just fascinating,,,especially the dialogues:tup:

Mahabharata is just epic,,,for the record i was a duryodhana , karan and bhim fan................never a fan of arjun or even lord krishna
Karna fan here,,,,most tragic character of mahabharata,,,:(

A Judge is a dictator in his court room.

A SC Judge is the ultimate dictator in his domain. Nothing funny about it.

As far as I know, a judge in my country is bound to judge any case in a courtroom within the provisions of the laws of the land not made by himself, unlike a dictator. Probably the difference is too subtle for you to understand.

As far as I know, a judge in my country is bound to judge any case in a courtroom within the provisions of the laws of the land not made by himself, unlike a dictator. Probably the difference is too subtle for you to understand.
You, ignorant fish eating puny secular. Take a dip in river Jordan and purify yourself. Blasphemy is sin.:coffee:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom