What's new

If I were a dictator, I would introduce Gita in Class I: Supreme Court judge

I wholeheartedly support you. :tup:

India should never teach Indian epics to Indians. That is for German Indologists. We will teach our children Russian or European fables. Arabian Nights is also a good start. And here we have Indians teaching their own kids Indian culture. Fascists. :bad:

@acetophenol - Et tu Fascist? :D
very poor attempt at sarcasm.
India should not teach religious books to children to teach morality like judge implied.
But I do want us to have 'religion' as part of social sciences curriculum where all major religions are covered (including a few tribal and smaller religions also chinese ones) and atheism as well.

very poor attempt at sarcasm.
India should not teach religious books to children to teach morality like judge implied.
But I do want us to have 'religion' as part of social sciences curriculum where all major religions are covered (including a few tribal and smaller religions also chinese ones) and atheism as well.

No doubt there is nothing beating atheism..............the most logical thing to do

No doubt there is nothing beating atheism..............the most logical thing to do
what I meant was not to compare religions (or with atheism) but to show what these things mean. This is not even to convert the child.
The curriculum should be fact based, like how they started, and what are main points in belief, major festivals and other uniqueness in them.

what I meant was not to compare religions (or with atheism) but to show what these things mean. This is not even to convert the child.
The curriculum should be fact based, like how they started, and what are main points in belief, major festivals and other uniqueness in them.

Its already 100% non religious.
No need to change anything,,let whats there go on

Its already 100% non religious.
No need to change anything,,let whats there go on
Its an education on religions.. not religious education....
religion is part of society and still drives our action to large extent, in India. A child need to traverse the social landscape later in life and need to know certain basic information about various belief system.
Parents do not have adequate information about other beliefs and usually give a very biased view.

It should be part of social studies, not a separate course.

Its an education on religions.. not religious education....
religion is part of society and still drives our action to large extent, in India. A child need to traverse the social landscape later in life and need to know certain basic information about various belief system.
Parents do not have adequate information about other beliefs and usually give a very biased view.

It should be part of social studies, not a separate course.

I think rather than complicating things we are better off like this only,,,we need to focus on science and english properly..................rest is bullshit anyway

I think rather than complicating things we are better off like this only,,,we need to focus on science and english properly..................rest is bullshit anyway
so no history, no geography, no local language studies, no drawing/painting ... you want to convert them into bunch of robots?

so no history, no geography, no local language studies, no drawing/painting ... you want to convert them into bunch of robots?

Teaching that stuff will continue,,,sure but where we are lacking the most is science and english.
Teachers specializing in those are somewhat difficult to find......................sure otherwise all the subjects will continue man,,,i am not suggesting what u thought

Isn't Gita more of a book a philosophy then stories and Epics ? Its not something which Kids can comprehend anyway

the solution lies in better teachers, better schools, more emphasis on character growth through sports, debates and activities which WILL attract the smart ones and the need to support them to the hilt through government scholarships.

Why are we talking bulls*** here ?

I hope India goes the way of Pakistan, so the Indians understand how people like me feel when looking at the state of Pakistan with all these fundos running around.

I hope India goes the way of Pakistan, so the Indians understand how people like me feel when looking at the state of Pakistan with all these fundos running around.
well, the judge is not a fundamentalist but a traditionalist who believes we should go back to our old days.
Nothing wrong in his day dreaming, this is the era of globalization, as more Indians get connected to rest of the world, more other cultures will influence our culture (and vice versa).
We will leave it to individuals, they should decide how to live their life.

well, the judge is not a fundamentalist but a traditionalist who believes we should go back to our old days.
Nothing wrong in his day dreaming, this is the era of globalization, as more Indians get connected to rest of the world, more other cultures will influence our culture (and vice versa).
We will leave it to individuals, they should decide how to live their life.

If a muslim judge had said the same thing about the Qur'an, I'm sure the word many here would use to describe him is a 'fundamentalist' and not a traditionalist.

Personally, as the world marches more towards globalisation, many cultures would feel threaten from what they would consider foreign cultures invading their public life. That's exactly what you see in Pakistan, with many 'traditionalists' feeling that globalisation has marginalized 'Pakistani' culture and replaced it with 'western' culture.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom