What's new

If I were a dictator, I would introduce Gita in Class I: Supreme Court judge

Nothing wrong in it,,,,i enjoy mythology even though i am not religious.
Its just fascinating,,,especially the dialogues:tup:

Mahabharata is just epic,,,for the record i was a duryodhana , karan and bhim fan................never a fan of arjun or even lord krishna

---
Gita is g8 source of learning... practical,.. ethical... day to day life tooo.. in that aspect .. YES he is right...
---
see both the side of coin
Agreed! Why do we always bring in 'Hindutva' into everything?

Swami Vivekananda emphasized that the first discourse in the Gita related to the war could be taken symbolically. Vivekananda further remarked:

"This Kurukshetra War is only symbolic. When we sum up its esoteric significance, it means the war which is constantly going on within man between the tendencies of good and evil."

I don't think there's anything wrong in teaching children this. They should be taught to inculcate the values of good over evil within themselves. It is the war within, the struggle for self-mastery that every human being must wage if he or she is to emerge from life victorious.

The Gita is about humanism and not religion and war per se. The allegory needs to be seen in the right perspective.

Last edited:

Mahabharata is just epic,,,for the record i was a duryodhana , karan and bhim fan................never a fan of arjun or even lord krishna
Me too :P

How exactly is he naive?

"Our old tradition such as 'guru-shishya parampara' is lost, if it had been there, we would not have had all these problems (violence and terrorism) in our country," Justice Dave said, speaking at an international conference on 'contemporary issues and challenges of human rights in the era of globalization' here.

"Now we see terrorism in countries. Most of the countries are democratic ... If everybody in a democratic country is good then they would naturally elect somebody who is very good. And that person will never think of damaging anybody else," he said.

"So by bringing (out) all the good things in each and every human being, we can stop the violence everywhere. And for that purpose we have to go back to our own things again."

See the highlighted parts. Okay for a religious philosopher to speak like that, not so for a Supreme court judge. I find that holding such a simplistic view of the world we live in is naive, especially if the person holding such a view is a judge of the apex court. You could choose to disagree if you think otherwise.

Puneet issar was awesome as duryodhana.....................and the shakuni mama in older mahabharata was too good.
Man he was cunning as hell:lol:

Bhanjeeee:rofl::rofl::rofl:

See the highlighted parts. Okay for a religious philosopher to speak like that, not so for a Supreme court judge. I find that holding such a simplistic view of the world we live in is naive, especially if the person holding such a view is a judge of the apex court. You could choose to disagree if you think otherwise.

That judge is the most honest judge in supreme court right now.
Just type neet pg case and read the final verdict,,u will know the answer.

So no worries on his conduct,,,plus even though i am an atheist,whats wrong in teaching the non religious aspects of GITA anyway??
There is nothing controversial in it....................but for the record it won't change shit,i agree

That judge is the most honest judge in supreme court right now.
Just type neet pg case and read the final verdict,,u will know the answer.

Not questioning it at all. Nor am I suggesting that there is nothing to be learnt from the Gita, just that a belief that all that will prevent terrorism etc seems very simplistic to me. I understand religious preachers saying stuff like that, I would hope that SC judges have a better understanding of the complicated reasoning of how the world operates.

Not questioning it at all. Nor am I suggesting that there is nothing to be learnt from the Gita, just that a belief that all that will prevent terrorism etc seems very simplistic to me. I understand religious preachers saying stuff like that, I would hope that SC judges have a better understanding of the complicated reasoning of how the world operates.

Read my last line.I have conceded that it will change nothing.

Nothing at all,,,its just that we will gain more knowledge about our supposed past,,,thats all.
Plus the stories are really awesome..............:D

Opening quote of the Mahabharata:

"Whatever is here, is found elsewhere. But what is not here, is nowhere else"

(Alternatively -
What is found herein may also be found in other sources,
What is not found herein does not matter.
)

Opening quote of the Mahabharata:

"Whatever is here, is found elsewhere. But what is not here, is nowhere else"

(Alternatively -
What is found herein may also be found in other sources,
What is not found herein does not matter.
)

The newer mahabharata is a piece of shit...............i mean what on god's great earth(what god btw
:lol:) are these clowns doing in a tv show??

316405-mahabharat.jpg

It used be this

old_mahabharat.jpg

U can see where we have fallen to:lol::lol::lol:

He needs to be reminded that Guru shishya parampara breeds not just Pandavas, but Kauravas too.
Wrong example.
Kauravas were not really bad. They did fight a "decent" fight. Only that their elder brother denied the rights of Pandavas.

I know he was speaking at an international conference, even at a conference those words don't suite a judge of a constitutional court.

Couldn't agree more on rest of your post....
Instead of saying "If was a dictator", he could have mentioned "If I were to decide", and all was alright perhaps.

In my humble opinion, there is nothing wrong to introduce kids to their history at an early age during pre-KG and KG in the form of short stories.

I have read Gita and Maha Bharata (as well as new and old testaments of Bible) when I was in School, simply out of curiosity (and they were in my parents library anyway), and I admired them.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom