What's new

If I were a dictator, I would introduce Gita in Class I: Supreme Court judge

We were never taught any religious stuff in school..CBSE...that's the way it should be. rather revamp science books, start physics early...

not a good idea to force children towards overt religiousness. it will rather do the opposite. cheapen it as regular stuff...to be neglected.

should be taught but no examinations or homework on it. otherwise children will lose interest

Even learned Europeans recognized and praised the philosophies of Gita........it's not a bad thing to learn after-all........
but then, it should not be forced.......it may be encouraged(not in govt. schools).........

In my school(private) they used to give Bible as story books, in the form of comics........and it was fun to read......

Last edited:
Even learned Europeans recognized and praised the philosophies of Gita........it's not a bad thing to learn after-all........
but then, it should not be forced.......it may be encouraged(not in govt. schools).........

In my school(private) they used to give Bible as story books, in the form of comics........and it was fun to read......

We can teach Geeta in schools even govt schools.. whats wrong?

as long as we are giving good lessons of life from Geeta its perfectly fine.

If we keep acting sicukar then we would go no where.

One must understand here I am not talking about teaching hinduism, Islam, Christianity in schools.. but the teaching of great books like Geeta about life, morals, philosophy, health and other aspects.

and he is a supreme court judge? And why gita, and not quran or bible or guru granth. ? :o:

I know he was speaking at an international conference, even at a conference those words don't suite a judge of a constitutional court.

Couldn't agree more on rest of your post....
I agree with you here... I cant believe a judge can say that.. and saying this in an international conference...

I support this . Mahabharat and Ramayana should be taught, but just for fun , there should be no exams or stuff.
mahabharata has lot of sex and violence, its an adults only book. :sick:

Last edited:
We can teach Geeta in schools even govt schools.. whats wrong?

as long as we are giving good lessons of life from Geeta its perfectly fine.

If we keep acting sicukar then we would go no where.

One must understand here I am not talking about teaching hinduism, Islam, Christianity in schools.. but the teaching of great books like Geeta about life, morals, philosophy, health and other aspects.

...and if we start acting dumb, we would be in even more danger.....

Had India been a Hindu state, then your suggestion would be perfectly OK, unfortunately, it is NOT......

Now, after declaring Indian as a SECULAR and democratic republic, the govt. CANNOT and SHOULD NOT promote/encourage any particular religion.......
If the govt. distributes only Gitas in schools/institutions then other communities would see it as encouraging a particular religion and either they will protest against or demand their Holy books be distributed too.....and the govt. will either have to stop distributing Gitas or start printing and distributing Holy books of countless other religions of the world to countless govt. schools throughout the country every year.......You think that is feasible??

Look, there is a difference between acting secular(which the Congress and the Communists do) and being secular(I haven't found any party/people in this category yet).........therefore I don't support Congressi Secularism but also worried about right-wing nationalism, which is not suitable unless we change the constitution of India.......

Last edited:
...and if we start acting dumb, we would be in even more danger.....

Had India been a Hindu state, then your suggestion would be perfectly OK, unfortunately, it is NOT......

Now, after declaring Indian as a SECULAR and democratic republic, the govt. CANNOT and SHOULD NOT promote/encourage any particular religion.......
If the govt. distributes only Gitas in schools/institutions then other communities would see it as encouraging a particular religion and either they will protest against or demand their Holy books be distributed too.....and the govt. will either have to stop distributing Gitas or start printing and distributing Holy books of countless other religions of the world to countless govt. schools throughout the country every year.......You think that is feasible??

Look, there is a difference between acting secular(which the Congress and the Communists do) and being secular(I haven't found any party/people in this category yet)......

Yes teach good lessons from Geeta, Guru Granth, Bible and Quran.. nothing wrong...

teach good lessons from anywhere..

it's we who look at it from religious viewpoint... rather look at it from viewpoint of giving good lessons from out rich culture to the kids..

it's we who give it a religious tone.. whereas there should be no problem in teaching good lessons to kids from these books.

"Now we see terrorism in countries. Most of the countries are democratic ... If everybody in a democratic country is good then they would naturally elect somebody who is very good. And that person will never think of damaging anybody else," he said."

^^^ Is he a judge or a teenage girl.... :pop:

Yes teach good lessons from Geeta, Guru Granth, Bible and Quran.. nothing wrong...

teach good lessons from anywhere..

it's we who look at it from religious viewpoint... rather look at it from viewpoint of giving good lessons from out rich culture to the kids..

it's we who give it a religious tone.. whereas there should be no problem in teaching good lessons to kids from these books.
lol...be practical......
So far we were talking about Geeta only....now you say holy books of all the religions should be included and 'good lessons' from those books should be taught......
Now tell me, who will choose, what lessons/philosophies of those books are 'good'.
Muslims might complain that the 'good' philosophy of 'killing kafirs' has been intentionally omitted by the Hindus....LOL....this is just an example.

Since Good/Bad is a relative thing(especially in case of religions)........the govt. should stay out of it and focus on upholding 'proper secularism' instead.......

Last edited:
lol...be practical......
So far we were talking about Geeta only....now you say holy books of all the religions should be included and 'good lessons' from those books should be taught......
Now tell me, who will choose, what lessons/philosophies of those books are 'good'.
Muslims might complain that the 'good' philosophy of 'killing kafirs' has been intentionally omitted by the Hindus....LOL....this is just an example.

Since Good/Bad is a relative thing(especially in case of religions)........the govt. should stay out of it and focus on upholding 'proper secularism' instead.......

Muslims complain about a lot of things.... so does other religion people... country cannot run like that..

we need to do whats right..

Muslims complain about a lot of things.... so does other religion people... country cannot run like that..

we need to do whats right..
So you want the country to run based on what you think is right!!

and he is a supreme court judge? And why gita, and not quran or bible or guru granth. ? :o:

I agree with you here... I cant believe a judge can say that.. and saying this in an international conference...

mahabharata has lot of sex and violence, its an adults only book. :sick:
I wholeheartedly support you. :tup:

India should never teach Indian epics to Indians. That is for German Indologists. We will teach our children Russian or European fables. Arabian Nights is also a good start. And here we have Indians teaching their own kids Indian culture. Fascists. :bad:

I loved reading Mahabharatha and Ramayana.
@acetophenol - Et tu Fascist? :D

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom