What's new

If I were a dictator, I would introduce Gita in Class I: Supreme Court judge

If a muslim judge had said the same thing about the Qur'an, I'm sure the word many here would use to describe him is a 'fundamentalist' and not a traditionalist.

Personally, as the world marches more towards globalisation, many cultures would feel threaten from what they would consider foreign cultures invading their public life. That's exactly what you see in Pakistan, with many 'traditionalists' feeling that globalisation has marginalized 'Pakistani' culture and replaced it with 'western' culture.

seems Indians need to learn more from their neighbours. Particularly lessons on how religion and politics are kept separate in advanced nations for a reason.

If a muslim judge had said the same thing about the Qur'an, I'm sure the word many here would use to describe him is a 'fundamentalist' and not a traditionalist.

Personally, as the world marches more towards globalisation, many cultures would feel threaten from what they would consider foreign cultures invading their public life. That's exactly what you see in Pakistan, with many 'traditionalists' feeling that globalisation has marginalized 'Pakistani' culture and replaced it with 'western' culture.
--
yes may be .. some of us ... humped and said muslim guy FUNDAMENTALIST ..
--
ore towards globalisation, many cultures would feel threaten from what they would consider foreign cultures invading their public life.
TRUE... its happning in india too ...but point is
its society to have knoeledge to what to gain and waht to loose...
---

See the highlighted parts. Okay for a religious philosopher to speak like that, not so for a Supreme court judge. I find that holding such a simplistic view of the world we live in is naive, especially if the person holding such a view is a judge of the apex court. You could choose to disagree if you think otherwise.

Truth is often simple. It is the retards who complicate it.

As far as I know, a judge in my country is bound to judge any case in a courtroom within the provisions of the laws of the land not made by himself, unlike a dictator. Probably the difference is too subtle for you to understand.

.....yes, as far as you know, and you don't know enough.

If ALL judges gave judgement within the provisions of the law then NO judgement will be overturned in the higher courts. But this time I know you do not understand this simple fact.

Let us review the highlighted points.

Terrorism stems from frustrated people with no one to guide them, who then become targets for terror recruiters. We call them "misguided" people. If there is a 'guru' in society to guide them along the right path then the system corrects itself.

Good means people who understand dharma, duties and responsibilities to themselves and society. Almost all the ills in the world comes from people not performing their duties or being unaware of their duties. Correct this and accountability and responsiveness increases.

We stop violence by having the courage to take action against what is wrong. Not by being mute spectators and sharing folders with the enemy. But for that people have to be convinced that fighting evil is their dharma.

It may or may not be a perfect solution. But it is a Solution.

They wont understand this. There is neither wisdom nor courage in these sickulars.

I see your point. We should be watchful that such people dont get into position that makes decisions.

seems Indians need to learn more from their neighbours. Particularly lessons on how religion and politics are kept separate in advanced nations for a reason.
India also need to learn lessons on federalism from our neighbour's failure to keep bengalis. Our new govt is trying to impose sanskrit / hindi on tamils. Not exactly work of a genius.

I hope India goes the way of Pakistan, so the Indians understand how people like me feel when looking at the state of Pakistan with all these fundos running around.

It wont. Your mistake is in thinking Hinduism is the mirror image of Islam but with some Indian cultural artifacts. It is not. The philosophy is way way different.

Here are the Hindu extremist children being brought up on on extremism.

Yes people like me understand nothing........we should be shot:)

That would be a waste of a good bullet.

AHMEDABAD: Supreme Court judge Justice AR Dave on Saturday said that Indians should revert to their ancient traditions, and texts such as Mahabharata and Bhagwad Gita should be introduced to children at an early age.

"Our old tradition such as 'guru-shishya parampara' is lost, if it had been there, we would not have had all these problems (violence and terrorism) in our country," Justice Dave said, speaking at an international conference on 'contemporary issues and challenges of human rights in the era of globalization' here.

"Now we see terrorism in countries. Most of the countries are democratic ... If everybody in a democratic country is good then they would naturally elect somebody who is very good. And that person will never think of damaging anybody else," he said.

"So by bringing (out) all the good things in each and every human being, we can stop the violence everywhere. And for that purpose we have to go back to our own things again."

The conference had been organized by Gujarat Law Society (GLS).

The judge also proposed that Bhagwad Gita and Mahabharata should be introduced to students from the first standard.

"Somebody who is very secular ... so-called secular will not agree ... Had I been the dictator of India, I would have introduced Gita and Mahabharata in Class I. That is the way you learn how to live life. I am sorry If somebody says I am secular or I am not secular. But if there is something good, we have to get it from anywhere," Justice Dave said.

Chief justice of the Bombay high court, Justice Mohit Shah, said "development for all" should be the core value behind the idea of globalization.

"The concept of global village does not mean everybody just thinking of the world, but it should also be expanding of functions of development for all ... If we don't share the profits of globalization, the benefits of globalization, it would be raising serious challenges," he said.

If I were a dictator, I would introduce Gita in Class I: Supreme Court judge - The Times of India

Good to teach Gita, Quran, Bible all....or atleast allow them to chose. Education without moral values led us to what we are today/

It wont. Your mistake is in thinking Hinduism is the mirror image of Islam but with some Indian cultural artifacts. It is not. The philosophy is way way different.

Here are the Hindu extremist children being brought up on on extremism.

That would be a waste of a good bullet.

Lol............as if i won't have a gun to fire back:astagh:

Lol............as if i won't have a gun to fire back

Comprehension problem? I do not advocate shooting of retards like what you suggested. I prefer educating them, or if it is too late, their children then.

Comprehension problem? I do not advocate shooting of retards like what you suggested. I prefer educating them, or if it is too late, their children then.

Too bad u are the only retard here and needless to say pretty uneducated looking at ur stupid posts.........:lol:

Too bad u are the only retard here and needless to say pretty uneducated looking at ur stupid posts.........:lol:

Too much of your dopaminergic neurons firing again? Making you quote stupid things and behave psychotic?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom