What's new

IDEF'15 | 5-8 May 2015 | İSTANBUL-TÜRKİYE

IDEF 2015: 3E EOS AVCI scope selected for MPT-76 rifle

1634470_-_main.jpg

An EOS AVCI 1-4x sight fitted to a MKEK MPT-76 rifle on display at IDEX 2015. Source: Remigiusz Wilk
The Turkish Armed Forces have selected the AVCI 1-4x Combat Rifle Scope as an optic for the new 7.62 mm MKEK MPT-76 battle rifle, the manufacturer announced at the IDEF show in Istanbul.

"The 3E EOS company received the order for 200 AVCI 1-4x scopes for armed forces qualification tests a week ago, but we could not unveil the information until today," Engin Ozdemir, the company's vice general manager, told IHS Jane's on 6 May.

"The AVCI 1-4x is to be a standard optical sight for the new Turkish MPT-76 rifle. When it passes the army trial we expect to deliver 20,000 combat rifle scopes to the army", he said. "The Turkish Armed Forces will be ordering 200,000 MPT-76 rifles, which means that every 10th Turkish soldier would be equipped with our sight."

The AVCI (Hunter) is a variable magnification 1x and 4x scope with a 24-6° field of view. It is equipped with a red-illuminated reticule for 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm calibres located in its second focal plane. The reticule illumination is powered by one 3v lithium CR2032 battery with 300 hours of life.

The AVCI weighs in at 650 g and is water resistant to 3 m. Its housing is made of high-strength anodised aluminium with an additional top mount for miniature red-dot sights. It uses optical glass made by the German company Schott.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(250 of 297 words)
IDEF 2015: 3E EOS AVCI scope selected for MPT-76 rifle - IHS Jane's 360
@Horus @Hakan

Translation: Akkor's hard-kill munitions are proximity fuzed, making it more effective.
I think this is debatable...Although it offers better engament to missiles which has variable thrust hence the variable speed...

IMO, It won't offer better engagement to RPG-30 which fires a precursor rocket prior to main-charge...
20u7rdy.jpg

I hope, they found or will find a solution in this regard.

AFAIK, nope... Javelin have a top attack mode but even that doesn't comes with 90 degree attack angle.

Javelin_top2.gif

The guy in the video said Akkor also works against Hellfire/Brimstone which can come down almost vertically. Not sure what to make of that.

I think this is debatable...Although it offers better engament to missiles which has variable thrust hence the variable speed...

IMO, It won't offer better engagement to RPG-30 which fires a precursor rocket prior to main-charge...
20u7rdy.jpg

They also said it can engage 2 rockets at the same time, so maybe it can handle this type of attack.

20u7rdy.jpg

If Akkor's radar can discriminate precursor from the main charge, then what will be the problem.

If Akkor's radar can discriminate precursor from the main charge, then what will be the problem.

Mate, the problem is the precursor rocket... precursor rocket going in front of the main charge....when fired, AKKOR's charge's proximity sensors will detect the precursor rocket and explode...then main charge will follow and strike the tank...that's what i think.

It's possible to engage the main charge by ignoring the precursor rocket...but if you are using a time fuse but not a proximity fuse.

They also said it can engage 2 rockets at the same time, so maybe it can handle this type of attack.
There is time interval between APS can take shots against incoming missiles...the time interval between the main charge and precursor rocket is short.

This precursor round acts as a false target, tricking the target's active protection system (APS) into engaging it, allowing the main round a clear path into the target, while the APS is stuck in the 0.2–0.4 second delay it needs to start its next engagement.

There is time interval between APS can take shots against incoming missiles...the time interval between the main charge and precursor rocket is short.

This precursor round acts as a false target, tricking the target's active protection system (APS) into engaging it, allowing the main round a clear path into the target, while the APS is stuck in the 0.2–0.4 second delay it needs to start its next engagement.

The brochure is a little ambiguous but it says it can engage 2 threats simultaneously. I'm not sure if that means per launcher or per system. Each launcher does have 2 munitions though.

By the way, the proximity fuze doesn't mean it doesn't also have a programmable time fuze. Time fuze is trivial to add, especially onto a smart munition.

Last edited:
The brochure is a little ambiguous but it says it can engage 2 threats simultaneously. I'm not sure if that means per launcher or per system. Each launcher does have 2 munitions though.
I think that's per system not, per launcher.....

Turkish BMC / Vuran 2
bmc-vuran.jpg

Edit:: Upss sorry. Actual above pic is from IDEF-2011.
Vuran-2 which show cased in IDEF-2015 is below

Vuran_4x4_MPAV_Multi-Purpose_Armoured_Vehicle_BMC_IDEF_2015_defense_exhibition_Istanbul_Turkey_001.jpg

So they unveiled the same vehicle again with very minor changes.

Israeli Carmor / Hurricane
hurricane.jpg

Hurricane - Carmor

Now, i wonder; Who designed and who stole the design. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkish BMC / Vuran 2
bmc-vuran.jpg

Edit:: Upss sorry. Actual above pic is from IDEF-2011.
Vuran-2 which show cased in IDEF-2015 is below

Vuran_4x4_MPAV_Multi-Purpose_Armoured_Vehicle_BMC_IDEF_2015_defense_exhibition_Istanbul_Turkey_001.jpg

So they unveiled the same vehicle again with very minor changes.

Israeli Carmor / Hurricane
hurricane.jpg

Hurricane - Carmor

Now, i wonder; Who designed and who stole the design. o_O

Bro, I don't suppose BMC has an input on this vehicle. When Israel-Turkey crissess appeared, Some informations about BMC and Israel trade relations regarding those vehicles were hit the headlines but They keep the licence rights in their hands so marketing on fairs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom