What's new

IDEAS 2014 - 8th International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (1 - 4 Dec 2014)

Please name a few contracts or MoU's or LOI's that have been signed at any IDEAS until to date confirming export of Pakistan produced military hardware?

2006 IDEAS Expo was by far one of the most succesful ones, maybe THE most succesful. MOUs have been signed for joint production of ammunition. Its not even always about exports. For example it was at a defence expo (IDEF, not IDEAS) where POF signed a deal with Swiss co-produce Oerlikon 35mm ammo. These arent just photo opps sessions, this is business. IDEAS is a platform to market the products and its worked very well and brought results - which can be seen.

85% stalls at IDEAS are of companies with sustaining large contracts, 10% are from the Government of Pakistan 3% are local vendors and 2% are first time foreign companies new to IDEAS.

not sure where you got these numbers from, but frankly - i dont see this as un-usual

You do not spread exports by setting a bazaar in your own country. You spread exports by going to the doorstep of the potential customers themselves (attending other defense exhibitions worldwide)

Its cheaper to do something like a tank demo and walk-around AT HOME. Do you know how expensive it would be to set up trials and firing demos overseas? Takes time, a lot of resources and manpower and legalities/formalities to get that done!

Defence Attaches and Services Attaches and other staff at our embassies are the ones already at the doorsteps in those countries, its part of their job and DEPO job to help promote these products and promote arms exports...more so DEPO actually

Unfortunately IDEAS is now redundant particularly with the advent of internet and open communications wordwide

disagree...if that were the case, why do other developing and developed countries host such expos

@skybolt Pls take some photos of the much hyped sniper rifle.
yea that will be good

WTF is this???
1102548098-1.gif
when you quote urdu post then take few minutes and give a 2 or 3 line summary in English
its good for forum and improves the quality of your posts

cant be that .. are you sure? its an old PSR90 rifle already existing in POF with new rail
report claims something new

LATEST UPDATE - Many professionals and businessmen stuck outside the exhibition entrance for the last one hour as the registration system is down and quite a few who are posting from outside are complaining of total mismanagement at the entry. I have been to many defense exhibitions around the world and this is precisely one of the reasons I now avoid IDEAS. It is still utterly chaos for the professionals who matter and come from far away places to attend. Simply pathetic management despite now many years of this show in Karachi
Well none of the other defence exhibitions are held in such security conditions so even conducting these exhibition in our chaotic environment is itself a big achievement.
Rest is dost maal bunana hai business men nay tau dodh dainay walai bhains ki thori si latain tau khana perain gi :D.

I thought you live in Karachi
Can't you go & click some pics for us
Chal jasoos kahin ka :D.
Echo its not for general public I think we can go their by tomorrow but I don,t know whether its allowed to have pictures or not.

Back
Top Bottom