What's new

Idea of India wasn’t demolished at Ayodhya. That happened in our ‘liberal’ homes

If I'm in Thailand, I like a big Mac

same with a beef fry/porotta in Kerala

why needlessly antagonize a shit tonne of folk ?

So, take that a step further. What do we do to prevent folks getting upset seeing their icons getting slaughtered?

I don't aim to provoke, but as long as you let me, I will question till the truth appears. Incidentally, I don't claim to know what the truth is.

As long as you let me.
please go right ahead, I am not an ideologue.

just a harmony seeker.

and a fan of Diogenes lol

So, take that a step further. What do we do to prevent folks getting upset seeing their icons getting slaughtered?
follow the laws of the land.

Mizoram and Kerala, Tamil Nadu is not Madhya Pradesh and Haryana.

Roam free, but when in Rome..

just like women having to dress modestly in Islamic countries.. small cultural nuance, not difficult to follow.

you want a bullhorn and to get on a soap box and yell at the muftis in Saudia about women in bikinis ?

terrible self defeating example but.. I'm counting on your smarts here to get it.

Let us move ahead together and seek harmony. How do we prevent people getting hurt watching cows getting slaughtered?
depending on where they are, look the other way.

or risk getting lynched by enraged mobs if in heartland India.

try saying some nasty things about Islam in Bhawalpur, Pakistan Punjab lol

follow the laws of the land.

Got it (I'm really getting smart).

So we ban cow slaughter. Penalty: not death by lynch mob but criminal prosecution and time in jail.
So we have people disabled from doing something.

Great.

Could we enable them to do something different that is compensatory? Just asking.

just like women having to dress modestly in Islamic countries

Umm, in Catholic countries as well; curious how coincidence reaches out and strikes down all those who oppress us, all at one go!

Got it (I'm really getting smart).

So we ban cow slaughter. Penalty: not death by lynch mob but criminal prosecution and time in jail.
So we have people disabled from doing something.

Great.

Could we enable them to do something different that is compensatory? Just asking.
I do not have all the answers

haven't bothered looking for them either

but one has to be extremely insensitive to completely dismiss people's reverence for the cow/bull in India.

it's rude, smug, and frankly makes you a total asshoal to grandstand on the issue. :)

but one has to be extremely insensitive to completely dismiss people's reverence for the cow/bull in India.

it's rude, smug, and frankly makes you a total asshoal to grandstand on the issue.

Fine, so I am an arsehole. What do you suppose we do along with banning cow-slaughter?

We can always decide to start growing up, any time we want :enjoy:
you're a smart guy

do you seriously not get that a LOT of people in India revere the cow/bull, and that their slaughter is not cool.. and is therefore codified in law in many states for that very reason ?

Good night, Mr Joe and all watching.

is late and I have a busy couple days coming up so.. shubh ratri, all.

Nothing... just don't break the laws.. I guess.

it wasn't my idea to begin with anyway.

How about compensation for the loss of food?

Two things: See for yourself where it isn't just the cow, and cow slaughter. It's also a universal code.

When we put it together, what emerges?

When we want, we are OK with different laws in different states. But we want uniformity of laws in all states on another issue.

When we want, we tell one section of our population that they can't obey their dietary laws, but need to modify it to avoid hurting people's feelings. Nothing like subsidising or making tax-free alternatives, like cheaper chicken or mutton; it's just as easy as passing a law to prevent cow-slaughter.

We want uniformity in other areas, like the UCC; there we don't want differential applications, but right now, we don't mind using personal laws to save taxes filing as Hindu Undivided Families.

We want our temples back; the article quotes the author as having gone to the sites of some, and finding that nobody remembered the desecration or was even bothered. So who is keen on getting these re-built?

This humble arsehole would like to get these anomalies clarified, if possible.

There is a tendency for the rough right to concentrate on one issue at a time. That is fine, but the rules change, always in one direction. On one issue, it's fine, don't slaughter cows in the cow-belt. On another issue, we can't have exceptions made for one community; don't look at us, this is not about us, it's about you beardos without moustaches, wearing pajamas around your shins, with skullcaps on.

So what do we want? Just kick them in the knick-knacks until they say,'Please don't kick in the knick-knacks'?

<sigh!>

Good night, all.

Looks like we got consensus.

Just do things the way we want it, boy.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom