What's new

Idea of India wasn’t demolished at Ayodhya. That happened in our ‘liberal’ homes

How about compensation for the loss of food?

Two things: See for yourself where it isn't just the cow, and cow slaughter. It's also a universal code.

When we put it together, what emerges?

When we want, we are OK with different laws in different states. But we want uniformity of laws in all states on another issue.

When we want, we tell one section of our population that they can't obey their dietary laws, but need to modify it to avoid hurting people's feelings. Nothing like subsidising or making tax-free alternatives, like cheaper chicken or mutton; it's just as easy as passing a law to prevent cow-slaughter.

We want uniformity in other areas, like the UCC; there we don't want differential applications, but right now, we don't mind using personal laws to save taxes filing as Hindu Undivided Families.

We want our temples back; the article quotes the author as having gone to the sites of some, and finding that nobody remembered the desecration or was even bothered. So who is keen on getting these re-built?

This humble arsehole would like to get these anomalies clarified, if possible.

There is a tendency for the rough right to concentrate on one issue at a time. That is fine, but the rules change, always in one direction. On one issue, it's fine, don't slaughter cows in the cow-belt. On another issue, we can't have exceptions made for one community; don't look at us, this is not about us, it's about you beardos without moustaches, wearing pajamas around your shins, with skullcaps on.

So what do we want? Just kick them in the knick-knacks until they say,'Please don't kick in the knick-knacks'?
Lo ji, running on fumes and critical low battery but..

couldn't resist but to come back.. unfortunately this smiley is the best I can do atm though :laugh:

doing my first bit of air travel day after, domestic of course, and am nervous as hell.

got a few loose ends to tie up and arrange for other stuff before too

Dilli pahunch ke, internet permitting, mashallah.. muh tod jawab (reply) milega :D

meanwhile, apney logon ki beliefs ka mazaak na udaayen please

such a noble beast, feed them some atta and veggies in your morning walks if you get the chance.. good for your soul.

When we want, we are OK with different laws in different states. But we want uniformity of laws in all states on another issue.

When we want, we tell one section of our population that they can't obey their dietary laws, but need to modify it to avoid hurting people's feelings. Nothing like subsidising or making tax-free alternatives, like cheaper chicken or mutton; it's just as easy as passing a law to prevent cow-slaughter.

We want uniformity in other areas, like the UCC; there we don't want differential applications, but right now, we don't mind using personal laws to save taxes filing as Hindu Undivided Families.

Yes, this whole cow thing and how it might turn out once there is a UCC in play and place... it'll be very interesting to watch that space.

Hindu undivided and xtian inheritance can go to hell too

main thing is gutting the aimplb

happy to give qurbani of Hindu Undivided Family Laws to finish once and for all the aimplb.

<sigh!>

Good night, all.

Looks like we got consensus.

Just do things the way we want it, boy.

Looking at your exchange with @VIRUS sums it all up. This is what we are up against.

The problem Sir Joe, is not with us. It is within your own society. How many people can you convince?

Lo ji, running on fumes and critical low battery but..
Nothing like a good breakfast to get the creative juices running. Please do not use the same simile on me, as you have already called me an arsehole, and the combination may cause public revulsion and dismay.

Dilli pahunch ke, internet permitting, mashallah.. muh tod jawab (reply) milega :D

मुंह तोड़ जवाब? मुझे लगा कि तुम बहुत नीचे देख रहे थे?

meanwhile, apney logon ki beliefs ka mazaak na udaayen please

आप सही हैं, मेरे अपने लोगों की मान्यताओं की उपेक्षा नहीं करनी चाहिए।

Yes, this whole cow thing and how it might turn out once there is a UCC in play and place... it'll be very interesting to watch that space.

Hindu undivided and xtian inheritance can go to hell too

main thing is gutting the aimplb

happy to give qurbani of Hindu Undivided Family Laws to finish once and for all the aimplb.

So it's not about equity in jurisprudence. It's about revenge, for whatever reason. It's not about cows either, I take it, but one more theatre in which to wreak vengeance? Or the temples? Just an excuse, isn't it? :D

Looking at your exchange with @VIRUS sums it all up. This is what we are up against.

The problem Sir Joe, is not with us. It is within your own society. How many people can you convince?

The fact is, it is partially with you also. This could have been the place to clean things up, but to each his own. I think it will help to stand up straight and call a spade a spade. Others may think, as you have seen in the exchange, that admitting the truth is a sign of weakness. Each of us has to decide for himself what he wishes to be.

Last edited:

Problem is with everyone . All indians .

Intelligently cheery picking articles and then artificially create reasoning in the sub conscious. Then fight with those ideas consciously and then quell all other possible scenarios. In the end hallelujah for the masses that they are the most liberal and tolerant of the others idea but their idea which de facto is the only salvageable path.

I handsomely enjoy the choo choo train and driver behind it very unconsciously.

@Nilgiri and others.........

You can do better than this.

If there is good retort to this article you find or one you develop with your interest/take on it, please post and tag me there.

I can also post what I disagree with the author on, at some level and detail...but the larger point and conclusion being made is what I agree with.

Impressionable minds will always be there, it is feature of society and human existence

They are there for all "sides" to work on to best of their ability and own the results of, rather than bicker about the process itself when employed by the asserted opponent side....or the natural conclusion of that fear (if allowed to sustain) to bypass this whole thing and physically seize (or attempt to) power and enforce diktat...the results of that we have also seen through history.

So I don't care much for this result-interpreted fear approach, coming from any party to a debate/discussion. I've seen the "liberal" side (or at least folks purporting to be on that side) use this argument too...its counterproductive to the whole thing ever side seeks and desires....in a very Fox + sour grapes kind of way.

If I'm in Thailand, I like a big Mac

same with a beef fry/porotta in Kerala

why needlessly antagonize a shit tonne of folk ?

Another "eternal" india believer. People were eating beef all over indian country for thousands of year. Even in cowbelt muslimls and dalits - easily 40% of population always had beef. Suddenly cometh the Brit given India in 1947 and now the arrogance of telling people who have been living, tilling on the land for centuries what they can eat and what they cannot. That depends on what the brahmin deem sacred and what he doesnt. COw is sacred for him tommorow he will order eggs to be banned.

A whimsical fascist society where people now have to live at mercy and good grace of the brahmin.

tommorow he will order eggs to be banned.

Trouble is you comment, and shoot your mouth off, but have no knowledge of what is going on.

The former CM of Madhya Pradesh banned eggs from the diet of school-children, to whom free meals were given, because of his personal objections to eggs being on the diet.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom