What's new

Idea of India wasn’t demolished at Ayodhya. That happened in our ‘liberal’ homes

This article also makes a sneaky small 2 line mention about:

"warn" LOL.. give me a break !

but very clever, 1 line on the muslim attitude towards others and then muddy the water by dragging in some anecdote about a Christian convert relative.

Is she serious ? Has she absolutely no grasp on the realities on the ground ?

Muslims are by far the most insular community in India. Sunnis, to be specific.

Everybody else on one side, mostly united and proud Indians..... and then there's the sunnis. This is the unfortunate truth of and in India.

Another user here put it quite crudely and asked "why muslims are hated the world over" or something to that extent. It's quite simple, they just do not assimilate, could it be the ideology that prevents them from doing so ? Don't want to get into a theological thing but "shirk" or idolatry is considered among the biggest no-nos :nono: for them.

Heh, well good luck with such a rigid unconciliatory, and dare I say it, supremacist attitude in a place like India.

Sure there's extreme right winger Hindu zealots in India and they can be a problem but this conversation is only half had if you're brushing the extremely deep rooted Sunni zealotry and animus aside.

Shame there is no scientific way to quantify it but if there was, I'll bet the Hindus' and others' feelings would measure significantly lower on the "hate scale" compared to the sunni muslim lot.

Point made; you can't clap with one hand. From your post, I get two separate sections.

Section 1: Muslims stay aloof; then they complain of being isolated. So why blame Hindus exclusively?

Section 2: Hindu right winger zealots probably 'hate' less than Sunni Muslims. So why blame Hindus exclusively?

Here I'd like to add Section 3: Muslims stay aloof, it may even be that Muslims hate Hindus more than Hindus hate Muslims. So how come there are riots in which it's mainly Muslims who get killed?

Not in the big company job market as executives, sure, but they infest the north, the entire Hindi speaking belt. Surrounded by a visible cocoon of pan-spray. I mean, have a heart; they aren't rock stars.
I'd take them over the ankle high pyjama shacheless beardos and their black tents anyday.

Here I'd like to add Section 3: Muslims stay aloof, it may even be that Muslims hate Hindus more than Hindus hate Muslims. So how come there are riots in which it's mainly Muslims who get killed?
Extremist sunnis, not muslims.. don't obfuscate the realities.

it's a numbers game.

they planned well, ambushed and took the honours day 1 in Delhi

but got their asses handed to them end of the match

this is how it will be, always and forever.

but for Hindus within India to be all smug "haha, burger and steak khayenge, eid pe qurban karengey" ... what the hell is wrong with you bc ?

we're not done with you smug asz qurbani loving liberals yet.. congress under pappu is at 52

inko 30 - 20 - 10 - then zero karengey hum, just like the cpi etc

you watch, uncle Joe, watch.

Interesting.

So goats are not beautiful, they aren't noble. Horses are not beautiful, they aren't noble. You know that this habit of 'beautiful, noble' -ing cows is of historically visible origins.

Doesn't seem irrational and contradictory to you?

The vast majority of people selling cows for slaughter are Hindu. Selling is fine, buying is not, it seems.

A question for you, gentle Sir.

How come so many have been hauled up for buying cattle? Remind me quickly: how many have been hauled up for selling cattle?

I'd take them over the ankle high pyjama shacheless beardos and their black tents anyday.

Noted.

What is your favourite colour? Any preferences among flowers?

You get what I am getting at, I hope.

it's a numbers game.

this is how it will be, always and forever.

Those Muslims killed by Modi-garu looking the other way in 2002; the Hindu mobs checked that they were Sunni before killing them?

not a major issue for me tbh.

In the far east/north east it is staple diet and not an issue culturally mostly, those laws do not apply there there anyway. Fine by me. In the south as well.

There is however, a significant section of Indian people, for whom it is a big deal, mostly, though not exclusively confined in the northern states.

How rude and frankly, disgusting, is it for people to take the piss on their deeply held spiritual beliefs ?

724bdad9d7e3505023b5ec21fdeaa64b.jpg

qQEJ5NpFoyRghujgpZg16ShbDxrz-p9ItYdHyd7SPbE.jpg

such a beautiful noble beast.

people from other countries may or may not 'get it'

but for Hindus within India to be all smug "haha, burger and steak khayenge, eid pe qurban karengey" ... what the hell is wrong with you bc ?

we're not done with you smug asz qurbani loving liberals yet.. congress under pappu is at 52

inko 30 - 20 - 10 - then zero karengey hum, just like the cpi etc

you watch, uncle Joe, watch.
I am a fan of separation of church and state in the governing of a country. Laws shouldn't be created keeping in mind any religion at all. It would be, in my opinion, good to be able to eat whatever you want to, based on your own level of adherence to your religious tenents.

it's a numbers game.

Just curious; who told you this? Nothing like this came out in the media, even in the loyal media.

you're baiting me

you're a master at it

reality aapko bhi pata hain

;)

I thought we were having a candid discussion, and that we could put things o the table without feeling inhibited. If you feel this is getting too close to the bone, we can stop right here.

Your choice.

I don't aim to provoke, but as long as you let me, I will question till the truth appears. Incidentally, I don't claim to know what the truth is.

As long as you let me.

I am a fan of separation of church and state in the governing of a country. Laws shouldn't be created keeping in mind any religion at all. It would be, in my opinion, good to be able to eat whatever you want to, based on your own level of adherence to your religious tenents.

Couldn't agree more. But....let's ask the hard-core member why he doesn't think that is relevant (apparently he doesn't think this separation of religion and administration is fair). Unless we know what each of us thinks, and how far we will compromise on each relevant side, we can't take the next step.

I agree a 100%

but given our unique cultural peculiarities, we really ought to be mindful of people's sensibilities , and have a heart, and a soul.

How rude and frankly, disgusting, is it for people to take the piss on their deeply held spiritual beliefs ?

I agree, these deeply held beliefs should be acknowledged.

Would you like to know what I'd suggest?

but given our unique cultural peculiarities, we really ought to be mindful of people's sensibilities , and have a heart, and a soul.

Coincidence; we are converging. I just said the same thing. Or maybe that was also very subtle baiting. Depends on how you look at it: I know where I'm coming from.

I thought we were having a candid discussion, and that we could put things o the table without feeling inhibited. If you feel this is getting too close to the bone, we can stop right here.

Your choice.

I don't aim to provoke, but as long as you let me, I will question till the truth appears. Incidentally, I don't claim to know what the truth is.

As long as you let me.
If I'm in Thailand, I like a big Mac

same with a beef fry/porotta in Kerala

why needlessly antagonize a shit tonne of folk ?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom