What's new

ICC Board approves changes to governance, competition and financial models

First time PCB has made me proud. Well done Zaka Ashraf.

At least Pakistan did not sell its soul for a couple of more matches with a mediocre team like India, Bravo!

Last edited:
1907942_712562168764810_741441741_n.jpg

1623478_712775572076803_1039001089_n.jpg

I don't see such jokes at other pro sports and commercial bodies either. Again it is the Indian interpretation I guess.

I hope this post won't be offending for you. :)

Nah! No offense.. Well, if may sound like a joke to you, but made business sense to rest of the ICC members.. Well, you are not able to carry everyone along all the time..

What interests me though is why did Pakistan not vote against the motion..??

Now you will standard of international cricket go down.

Have you seen India performances in New Zealand and South Africa? It does not deserve supremacy in world cricket on merit. But when money is the driving force, merit is already in the dust bin.

At least Pakistan did not sell its soul for a couple of more matches with a mediocre team like India, Bravo!

Same, was also impressed with how adamant the PCB and SLC have remained although I kind of had the feeling that the South African and further especially the Bangladeshi boards would cave in fast.

Anyway guys, Pakistan and Sri lanka only two nation fought and have pride. So, the sports is politicize. Second setback, the first leader will be a person, who is facing corruption charges in its own country......good luck cricket.

South Africa cheated Pakistan on International Cricket Council vote, says Zaka Ashraf
The Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Zaka Asraf said South Africa had opposed the International Cricket Council reforms but supported the proposals at Board meeting in Singapore on Saturday.
zaka_ashraf_log300.jpg

Karachi: Pakistan cricket chief Zaka Ashraf on Saturday said he felt "cheated" after South Africa abandoned their opposition to controversial reforms of the sport's world body, allowing the proposals to be approved.

The Pakistan Cricket Board chairman said South Africa had opposed the International Cricket Council (ICC) reforms, seen as favouring the "Big Three" of India, England and Australia, as recently as Friday. But South Africa supported the proposals at an ICC Board meeting in Singapore on Saturday, giving them the extra vote they needed to pass. Of the 10 full ICC members, eight were in favour with only Pakistan and Sri Lanka abstaining.

"I think South Africa cheated us," Ashraf told AFP by phone from Singapore. "Just last night (Friday) they told us that they have changed their stance and told us that it was the decision of their board (CSA). It disappointed us."

Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa were the three opponents when the reforms were debated at an ICC Board meeting last month. Pakistan and Sri Lanka will now discuss the proposals with their respective Boards. "Our stance was based on principle but other countries went after money. I am afraid the big share of money will go to the 'Big Three'. The 'Big Three' will get money from the share of the other seven," Ashraf said. (Also read: Sri Lanka to seek new mandate)

But he added: "We have requested the ICC Board to give us time. We will discuss this matter further in our board of governors meeting and will try to get the PM's (Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif) advice on this." (Main points of ICC revamp)

Separately, former Pakistan captain Rashid Latif said he fears "severe consequences" from the revamp to cricket worldwide. "I think this is more damaging to cricket than match-fixing," Latif told AFP. "Giving powers to three 'dons' mean they will take every decision on their whims... handing power to three means the ICC ceased to exist."

Among the reforms, the "Big Three" were given permanent seats on a new, five-man executive committee, while India's N. Srinivasan was made chairman of the decision-making ICC Board.

South Africa cheated Pakistan on International Cricket Council vote, says Zaka Ashraf
The Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Zaka Asraf said South Africa had opposed the International Cricket Council reforms but supported the proposals at Board meeting in Singapore on Saturday.
zaka_ashraf_log300.jpg

Karachi: Pakistan cricket chief Zaka Ashraf on Saturday said he felt "cheated" after South Africa abandoned their opposition to controversial reforms of the sport's world body, allowing the proposals to be approved.

The Pakistan Cricket Board chairman said South Africa had opposed the International Cricket Council (ICC) reforms, seen as favouring the "Big Three" of India, England and Australia, as recently as Friday. But South Africa supported the proposals at an ICC Board meeting in Singapore on Saturday, giving them the extra vote they needed to pass. Of the 10 full ICC members, eight were in favour with only Pakistan and Sri Lanka abstaining.

"I think South Africa cheated us," Ashraf told AFP by phone from Singapore. "Just last night (Friday) they told us that they have changed their stance and told us that it was the decision of their board (CSA). It disappointed us."

Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa were the three opponents when the reforms were debated at an ICC Board meeting last month. Pakistan and Sri Lanka will now discuss the proposals with their respective Boards. "Our stance was based on principle but other countries went after money. I am afraid the big share of money will go to the 'Big Three'. The 'Big Three' will get money from the share of the other seven," Ashraf said. (Also read: Sri Lanka to seek new mandate)

But he added: "We have requested the ICC Board to give us time. We will discuss this matter further in our board of governors meeting and will try to get the PM's (Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif) advice on this." (Main points of ICC revamp)

Separately, former Pakistan captain Rashid Latif said he fears "severe consequences" from the revamp to cricket worldwide. "I think this is more damaging to cricket than match-fixing," Latif told AFP. "Giving powers to three 'dons' mean they will take every decision on their whims... handing power to three means the ICC ceased to exist."

Among the reforms, the "Big Three" were given permanent seats on a new, five-man executive committee, while India's N. Srinivasan was made chairman of the decision-making ICC Board.

I am pretty sure Pakistan's stance would have been totally different had India not been the part of the Big 3 :)

I am pretty sure Pakistan's stance would have been totally different had India not been the part of the Big 3 :)

Not really. It was Pakistan against the bullying of England and Australia back in 80's and 90's. India was not part of that group at that time. So no PCB didn't oppose this farce just because India was part of it. You are wrong.

are you sure you are a senior member and Lt Colonel in PDF???

dont know never checked my status, how can i find out??
I just come here for a few laughs, life is too serious to worry wether Ishant is faster or Ajmal :)

Back
Top Bottom