What's new

ICC Board approves changes to governance, competition and financial models

Not really when it comes to sports. Not happens internationally. Indians have their own interpretation totally different from the rest of the world.

True you have more idiots. We don't have that many. ;)
On the sports aspect, absolutely agree.. On the business aspect of the sports, size and revenues matter the most. You need to learn how to distinguish between the sport and the business of sports...And that's how it happens internationally. Pakistanis and Lankans in this case seem to have a totally diff interpretation from the world as shown by the votes :)

And when facing idiots, it pays to have more idiots on you side ;)

On the sports aspect, absolutely agree.. On the business aspect of the sports, size and revenues matter the most. You need to learn how to distinguish between the sport and the business of sports...And that's how it happens internationally. Pakistanis and Lankans in this case seem to have a totally diff interpretation from the world as shown by the votes :)

And when facing idiots, it pays to have more idiots on you side ;)

Not really. Such cr@p only happens in Cricket. Soccer, Olympics I don't see such farce. So it is you who have a totally different interpretation. Idiot's own interpretation I guess. :)

unhone hume support nahi kiya phir bhi hum unhe baksheesh de rahe hain,aur wo kehte hain hum unse nafrat karte hain :sick:

People should be magnanimous in their victory.

"Doosare" desho ke cricket ke behtari ke liye .. 11 Rs. mere taraf se bhi ..

Not really. Such cr@p only happens in Cricket. Soccer, Olympics I don't see such farce. So it is you who have a totally different interpretation. Idiot's own interpretation I guess. :)

Jao tum chaahe jahan ,Yaad karoge wahan :P

Now you are getting personal dude.. But anyway, I will discount that to Pakistan's defeat at ICC :)

Anyway, unlike olympics which is mostly an non Pro competition , ICC is a commercial Body and cricket is mostly a Pro sport.. Hence money matters.. But believe what you want ... We got our way ;)

I think he is drunk :D

I mean come on, why people cant think strait. This saddens me that even after 60 or so years, we did not get mature. Reaction is a trait of slaves, not of free people. You need to talk, talk about factual implications, why jumping up and down for things which don't even exist. Good to see folk like you.

I think it's time I bid adieu. This thread was started for the sole purpose of Jerking of his ego.

OP has achieved his purpose.

Now you are getting personal dude.. But anyway, I will discount that to Pakistan's defeat at ICC :)

Anyway, unlike olympics which is mostly an non Pro competition , ICC is a commercial Body and cricket is mostly a Pro sport.. Hence money matters.. But believe what you want ... We got our way ;)

I don't see such jokes at other pro sports and commercial bodies either. Again it is the Indian interpretation I guess.

I hope this post won't be offending for you. :)

I don't see such jokes at other pro sports and commercial bodies either. Again it is the Indian interpretation I guess.

I hope this post won't be offending for you. :)

why dont you people try .. Gulli danda ?

I think it's time I bid adieu. This thread was started for the sole purpose of Jerking of his ego.
OP has achieved his purpose.

i posted a breaking news here..just not to satisfy my ego but want to know the opinion of our neighbours. i don't have EGO problem to satisfy here and there i didn't start troll war here. if even this news you assumed that used to be satisfied the ego then what about indian achievements in space, defense, growth...they falls under same category rite?? Ego Satisfaction..

troll war started just because i posted a news???, so which news you expect to be post because any good news for india will eventually become a troll theater here......

finally the big three had it their way!!

Singapore - Cricket South Africa has voted in favour of the International Cricket Council's proposals effectively placing Australia, England and India in charge of the game.

The International Cricket Council board Saturday approved wide-ranging structural and governance reforms despite complaints that they place too much power in the hands of the "Big Three" of India, England and Australia.
The proposals were passed after gaining the support of eight of the ICC's 10 full members, with Sri Lanka and Pakistan - who have both been vocally opposed - abstaining, a spokesman said.

The package resolution, passed at a meeting in Singapore, includes setting up a five-man executive council with seats reserved for India, England and Australia, the sport's leading financial powers.

And N. Srinivasan of India, which contributes the lion's share of cricket's global revenues, will chair the ICC board from the middle of this year.

"I think it was a very good meeting, there was general agreement and all very satisfactory," said England and Wales Cricket Board chairman Giles Clarke.

South Africa had previously opposed the reforms, which met with virulent opposition after they were debated at a board meeting in Dubai last month.

But South African board member Chris Nenzani was one of the eight to vote in favour at a luxury hotel in Singapore on Saturday. He did not answer questions about the meeting as he left.

Members of the cricket establishment have lined up to criticise the proposals, with Imran Khan calling them "colonial" and Lord Harry Woolf, author of a report into the ICC's governance, saying they were "entirely motivated by money".

The reforms passed on Saturday include setting up a Test Cricket Fund available to all full members except India, England and Australia, and a move to make it easier for other countries to gain Test status.

The proposed World Test Championship, which was due to debut in 2017, has been axed with the Champions Trophy -- an eight-country tournament in the one-day format - continuing in 2017 and 2021.

"It proved impossible to come up with a format for a four-team finals event in Test cricket that fits the culture of Test cricket and preserves the integrity of the format," an ICC release said.

And a new financial model will recognise members' contributions in terms of finance, history and on-field performances, a moved aimed at providing "long-term certainty of participation" as they negotiate TV and sponsorship deals.

"There were eight full members who were in a position to support the resolution today and the two who have abstained have pledged to further discuss the issues with an aim to reaching unanimous approval over the coming weeks," said ICC president Alan Isaac.

Sri Lanka's Nishantha Ranatunga said he would now discuss the proposals with his board, while Pakistan representative Zaka Ashraf declined to talk to media.

Cricket SA bows to India | Sport24

im not a very big fan of taking the governance in to hands of a few countries..but i support the finance sharing model..those who earn more for icc should get more form ICC...
but of course the world always belongs to the strongest unfortunately!this is just cricket..there are other serious ones like the security council!

in a related NEWS

N.Srinivasan from BCCI to Chair the ICC Board from mid-2014

The ICC Board will continue to be the primary decision-making body. From the start of July this year, the ICC Chairman will be N.Srinivasan from the BCCI.

A new Executive Committee will be formed to report into the Board. The initial Chair of this Executive Committee (ExCo) will be Wally Edwards from Cricket Australia while the Chair of the Finance and Commercial Affairs Committee (F&CA) will continue to be Giles Clarke from the ECB. These roles will be for an initial two year transitional period to 2016 only.

Once this transitional period is completed, the Chair of the ICC Board will be elected from within the ICC Board with all Full Member Directors entitled to stand for election.

BCCI, CA and ECB - will be represented on both sub-committees, along with two representatives of the other Full Members (who will be elected by the Board).

Several of these decisions still now need to be considered and adopted by the ICC’s Full Council. The relevant resolutions will now be drafted through the appropriate committees, including the Governance Committee and the Board before being submitted for approval to Full Council.

A set of proposals was initially developed by the respective Chairs of BCCI, CA and ECB – N.Srinivasan, Wally Edwards and Giles Clarke before being presented to a meeting of the Full Members on 9 January.

These proposals were then discussed, negotiated and modified at two subsequent ICC Board meetings. A resolution was put to a vote today and supported by the required majority of the ICC Board, including eight Full Members. Two of the Full Members – Pakistan Cricket Board and Sri Lanka Cricket - abstained in the vote as they felt they needed more time to discuss the amended resolution with their respective Boards.

ICC President Alan Isaac said: “The Board has made some significant decisions today which provide us with long-term certainty in relation to the future governance, competition and financial models of the ICC.

“This decision comes after extensive discussions between Members that I helped initiate and were given impetus through a position paper presented by the BCCI, Cricket Australia and ECB in early January.

“Since this time a set of resolutions have been drafted, negotiated and modified – based on a set of principles agreed by the ICC Board on 28 January – and finalized at the meeting today. There were eight Full Members who were in a position to support the resolution today and the two who abstained have pledged to further discuss the issues with an aim to reaching unanimous approval over the coming weeks.”

ICC Chief Executive David Richardson said: “We now have clear direction from the Board and it is our job to implement the approved resolution.”

ICC Board approves changes to governance, competition and financial models - ICC Cricket

Back
Top Bottom