What's new

IAF upgrading six airstrips in Arunachal

Makardhwaj

New Recruit

Reaction score
Indian Air Force is upgrading six airstrips in Arunachal Pradesh bordering China to improve its capabilities to move troops there quickly, Air Chief Marshal P V Naik said on Thursday.

Naik said these airstrips, called Advanced Landing Grounds (ALGs), would be to augment the IAF's air maintenance in the border state on the pattern of the three new ALGs made operational in Ladakh region in Jammu and Kashmir [ Images ] and in the western region bordering Pakistan in the last two years.

The IAF has opened the Daulat Beig Oldi, Fukche and Nyoma ALGs in Ladakh since May last year. Among the new ALGs in Arunachal Pradesh to be upgraded are Along, Walong and Machuka.

"It is long overdue. These should have been done much earlier. But we got a go-ahead only now and we are undertaking this particular task," he said.

On whether a repeat of Sino-Indian war of 1962 was possible, he said, "I do not think it is possible now".

"I am confident, are you?" he said, when asked if he was confident of warding off the Chinese threat.

"I am sure there should be no lack of confidence in our public as far as preparation of our country or armed forces is concerned for any eventuality," he said.

IAF upgrading six airstrips in Arunachal : Rediff.com news

Great News..
I suppose all these developments are due to the Indian communists getting drubbed in the last parliamentary polls. Now they are no longer in the position to hold the government to ransom about Indo-China relations.

I present you the CJ-10 missile which we declassified this morning. We have more than 200 of them deployed. 6 of them can entirely disable any of your airport. That is the end of the story.

You are not going to match the resources that we are going to allocate on military development and deployment as our GDP is three times higher than yours and our technology is 20 years ahead of yours. what makes it even more dark for your side is the gap is still widening on every damn single year!

Nice pics.........:china:

IAF is dooomed.......:angel:

is china thinkin of exportin them??

:smokin: this CJ-10 is already comparable to BGM-109 Tomahawk and Kh-55 in terms of operational range and accuracy. however, today's declassification only means one thing: we have a better one already on hand.

remember, this is the typical Chinese way of doing things: you showed Arjun to your public during your 1984 national day, 25 years on, you still have nothing on hand other than a combat-not-ready arjun. we have Type-99A2 (which can be regarded as a completely new one due to so many significant upgrades) completed all trials, Type-99A1 in active service, Type-99A already stopped production, yet, we show public the old Type-99G this morning.

thanks for d info......though i never askd for it.......

yes d chinese way is great one........ i hope someday india will learn something........

but you see here.....about arjun......its a disastor......well may be......but its dat an end?.......you fail.....does it mean you'll never try again?.......

our politicians never allowed the military to flourish.......spendin on military wasnt the top agenda.........they wer satisfied if the military is better than pakistan......

the government never really cared about the indegenous development of weapons partly because the inability of indians to develop good competitive weapons and partly because of others reasons mainly corruption......nor did the Indian Army.........unlike China

but things are changing now......i think......it may take years but we will

I present you the CJ-10 missile which we declassified this morning. We have more than 200 of them deployed. 6 of them can entirely disable any of your airport. That is the end of the story.

You are not going to match the resources that we are going to allocate on military development and deployment as our GDP is three times higher than yours and our technology is 20 years ahead of yours. what makes it even more dark for your side is the gap is still widening on every damn single year!

Gap ?

War is not fought by guns alone, it is fought by men.
And with single child system...most chinese are sissys....like kids sucking lolly pops...

with all its so called super power status...china did not have the guts to attack a miniscule tiwan....and you guys please dont even think of attacking india.

1962 has caused mistrust..

Back stabbing works only once.

:smokin: this CJ-10 is already comparable to BGM-109 Tomahawk and Kh-55 in terms of operational range and accuracy. however, today's declassification only means one thing: we have a better one already on hand.

remember, this is the typical Chinese way of doing things: you showed Arjun to your public during your 1984 national day, 25 years on, you still have nothing on hand other than a combat-not-ready arjun. we have Type-99A2 (which can be regarded as a completely new one due to so many significant upgrades) completed all trials, Type-99A1 in active service, Type-99A already stopped production, yet, we show public the old Type-99G this morning.

Where is a real war fought with these tanks? or even by the chinese forces in the recent decades? Have you tested Type-99 with Taliban RPGs? If not, please do it.

Ignoring all the trolls.

6 airstrips huh....good for india....I hope they will be placing the MKI's.
Heard in the news that 50 more MKI's have been ordered by the Airforce...
India is arming to teeth to counter the Chinese threat.

Where is a real war fought with these tanks? or even by the chinese forces in the recent decades? Have you tested Type-99 with Taliban RPGs? If not, please do it.

May be Indians can teach Chinese how to fight with world war 1

rifles ? :smitten: :pakistan::china:

Six airstrips = more target practice for Chinese army. thanks!

Gap ?

War is not fought by guns alone, it is fought by men.
And with single child system...most chinese are sissys....like kids sucking lolly pops...

with all its so called super power status...china did not have the guts to attack a miniscule tiwan....and you guys please dont even think of attacking india.

1962 has caused mistrust..

Back stabbing works only once.

back stabbing? you brainwashed moron.

your PM at the time got his "forwarding police" ****, he deployed troops north of the McMahon line - india invaded our country even by its own claimed standard/border line.

we did you a favour at 1962 as at the time we can easily capture your capital. today, your PM's office is within the operational range of our guided rockets, the missiles I showed above can hit anywhere within your dump site style cities. do you still want to fight?

we will keep investing in military as that will force you to also invest more, you are not going to match the progress, because our GDP is three times higher than yours and the economic gap is widening.

last but not least, to tell you the truth: you got used by the west.

your PM at the time got his "forwarding police" ****, he deployed troops north of the McMahon line - india invaded our country even by its own claimed standard/border line.

we did you a favour at 1962 as at the time we can easily capture your capital. today, your PM's office is within the operational range of our guided rockets, the missiles I showed above can hit anywhere within your dump site style cities. do you still want to fight?

we will keep investing in military as that will force you to also invest more, you are not going to match the progress, because our GDP is three times higher than yours and the economic gap is widening.

Before talking of having war with India try with taiwan and win :smitten:

You yourself said that, CJ-10 is disclosed for the first time and still you willing to compare the same to Tomahawk and KH-55, wow, that is priceless indeed. Certainly such things happen in china and you were correct about that. Without specifiying its specification, you are willing to compare it to world's best, he he he he he.

no no the chinese have another hidden weapon they use with taiwan...hehehe:rofl::rofl::rofl: they send them pairs of pandas...hehehe:rofl::rofl::rofl:why are chinese so **** scared man..its ok the taiwanese are not going to eat u up:rofl:.go first get back taiwan then come here chinese sissy.

do these work??is it a real missile or just a shell,a toy.till u dont use it how will we know if it works or not??so yeah use it on our airfields.it will be fun.if they work our missile defences will knock them off in chinese territory.and brahmos and agni 3 will take out the rest of ur launching sites.then u can send us pandas...:rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom