What's new

IAF Shows reservation in operating American fighter Jets

Isn't the EU offering India a stake as a full fledged partner in their air fighter program. .....I mean nobody has offered close to what they are offering?

Isn't the EU offering India a stake as a full fledged partner in their air fighter program. .....I mean nobody has offered close to what they are offering?

is't mouthwatering lol ? Saab too offering the same.

If you mean EF then yes they are.......however howfar they can keep this promise is a question to be asked and analyzed.

They are not even offering full ToT like Dassault or SAAB or MiG and this aircraft is way way overpriced!

look buddy F/A 18 E/F is no doubt a combat proven aircraft but when it comes to cismoa,euma ,bla bla bla..These make it a wet ***** even in front of gripenNG. We talking about 126 aircraft or say 200aircrafts here ,and why the heck IAF WANTS AMERICANS TO SNOOP,WHERE WE PLACED THEM,HOW WE USING IT . Now Rafale fanboys did you remember how france asked UAE to pay from their noses for upgradation like Radar,engine thrust and avonics,do you think they going to let go India For free without paying for extra candies huh ?? Not gonna mention how expensive its weapon are..hope you guys also read my 1st post to benny and decide yourself ,where am wrong .

rafale certainly not going to make it .........that's sure , mirage upgrade is another example of it..

eurofighter could be a better choice under partnership offering as it will make the upgrades as per cost and also that india will get the best varient rather a strip down export version..

but my point is ::;avionics, EW , A2A missle , radar and other subsystems are all build in india , looking at LCA progress.......

EF or Rafale will not offer anything beyond that india didn't already have.....what's the logic of buying any of these two at a cost 3-4 time more then LCA..?

infect it's not clear to me , once we have LCA what actually IAF looking to buy in mmrca deal other then aircraft airframe+engine coz all other systems will be indian made over next few years........

do we realy need to spand 10bn on mmrca deal rather just stepup LCA production as in next 12 months LCA going to have FOI...

Cismoa? Can anyone explain why India wouldn't want to sign it. In a future conflict, where both nations have to join hands and fight together wouldn't this be a force multiplier? I think India is a little too uptight, just make clauses in any future contracts that address your concerns. i am sure if it is reasonable, the US will take notice...

most of us here has no idea of this issue , ...you are right that it will be a force multiplier in future conflicts where India-US join hands , expecially after getting UNSC seat indian IAF role in combine operations will increase........

but by my little understanding the IAF objections on the issue based on the fect that presently it is not needed..

If IAF goes for 200 fighter plus everything including spares , there is potential to deal going north of 20 billion dollars mark, the deal could go upto 30 billion dollars mark and the deal would give american a firm positioning in the Indian Defence market. Given the bad economic condtions prevailing in US, this deal along with the Saudi deal would give major boost US defense and other high tech industries.
By insisting CISMO the American are making things difficult for themselves.
F18 offers the best under the hood technologies EMW and other high funda stuck, if we can get at F18 and make american climb down 60% of their restrictions and sufficient level ToT and good help on LCA. Then F18 can be winner since it is much cheaper than its competitors and can be delivered to India much earlier owing to the huge Production facilities Boeing has.

My personal choice is Typhoon owing to the level of ToT but it is very important that MoD ensure that after winning the contract they remain true to their commitments. The hawk deal is clear indicator how EADS can behave after winning the contract.

They are not even offering full ToT like Dassault or SAAB or MiG and this aircraft is way way overpriced!

i'm pretty sure EF is offering full tot..... you cant have a partner in a fighter program without it having the full technology of how the plane is built

but my point is ::;avionics, EW , A2A missle , radar and other subsystems are all build in india , looking at LCA progress.......

EF or Rafale will not offer anything beyond that india didn't already have.....what's the logic of buying any of these two at a cost 3-4 time more then LCA?...

You are kidding right? :what:

Swashplate AESA radar, SPECTRA EWS, supercrusing engines, latest weapons and avionics, they are so much beyond LCA and more importand operational!

:what:

Swashplate AESA radar, SPECTRA EWS, supercrusing engines, latest weapons and avionics, they are so much beyond LCA and more importand operational!

DRDO developing their own AESA radar...

EWS is already done...

Astra will be the A2A missiles...

all other airborn weapons like , anti-ship , anti-tank already developed...

LCA having own auto-pilot..

LCA will be having own oxygen supply unit....

glass cockpits are manufectured by samtel ....

what is left to be kidding ?

give a logical reason to buy a aircraft 3-4 times the cost of LCA..

Last edited:
DRDO developing their own AESA radar...

EWS is already done...

Astra will be the A2A missiles...

all other airborn weapons like , anti-ship , anti-tank already developed...

LCA having own auto-pilot..

LCA will be having own oxygen supply unit....

glass cockpits are manufectured by samtel ....

what is left to be kidding ?

give a logical reason to buy a aircraft 3-4 times the cost of LCA..

:disagree:, AESA development has gone nowhere that's why they are searching for an international partner, last reports talks about EADS, or ELTA.
EWS is not developed completelly by DRDO, only parts, the Mayavi EWS for LCA was developed mainly by Israelis, Astra not developed and as I said in the MMRCA thread good as a low cost addition to more capable Russian and western missiles, which anti ship missile did we develop? And the fact that we have NAG and still buying US anti tank missiles should tell you something.
And that are only the parts, as a fighter itself, LCA MK2 might come close to Gripen NG, but will still clearly be inferior to Rafale, or EF.

IAF Shows reservation in operating American fighter Jets

As per Source , IAF which has recently submitted another report on MMRCA aircraft’s it has evaluated and has shown some reservation in operating American jets , Idrw.org could not confirm what was report about but it seems, like it was general feedback asked by MOD from the user IAF on its opinion.

Currently Two American jet makers , Boeing’s F-18 SH and Lockheed Martins F-16 IN are in the lucrative IAf’s MMRCA contract race to supply 126 fighter jets , While many defence experts in past have given F-16IN very slim chance of winning ,since India’s rival air force has been operating them close to three decades now .

Defence expert Rakesh Sharma Believes that MMRCA aircraft which ever is selected with be based near Indo-China border and share the base with IAF’s front line Sukhoi Su 30 MKI and in future with FGFA or AMCA , and since Americans are not keen in proving Deep TOT for AESA Radar which will come with the jets means that American air force and Vendor engineers in this base will be a common sight could be one of the possible reason about IAF’s Reservation , he also added that IAF Fears that American jets might be bugged to keep check on their operational status .

Serving IAF officer based in Agra had reported to idrw.org that IAF fears American may finally deliver Heavily downgraded Aircraft since India refused to sign “CISMOA” agreement with US , IAF is already in process of receiving 6 C-130J Super Hercules aircraft’s which according to him are heavily downgraded aircraft’s and IAF is already in process of getting permission from OEM that is Lockheed Martin to put Indian and European communication Systems in the Aircraft ,even if the permission is granted whole upgrade will take place with close observation from Lockheed Martin officials which will then report to Vendor and US Government .

India Navy which has ordered P8I will be delivered without crucial electronics and down-rated avionics suite if India Fails to sign the CISMOA, Americans are already working to develop a downgraded Radar for the same aircraft .

US law mandates that certain sensitive American electronics can only be transferred abroad after the recipient country signs the CISMOA and/or the BECA.

If India refuses to sign CISMOA , it will mean American Jets will not be even close to aircraft’s they had fielded in trials and will not be Hi-tech in terms of technology .

This article is full of BS. Whoever wrote this knows nothing about CISMOA and how its non-compliance barely affects IAF operations! Not worth discussing over.

This article is full of BS. Whoever wrote this knows nothing about CISMOA and how its non-compliance barely affects IAF operations! Not worth discussing over.
But for a Jet it matters Gubbi....not for a P8I or C-17....you never know what is going to be stripped. Just a month ago, India didnt get military grade GPS for C-130J as we are not a signatory of CISMOA. what will happen to GPS guided bombs??....what will happen to all that is GPS guided.

We were ok for C-17 which just need GPS to land, but not for f-18!!

But for a Jet it matters Gubbi....not for a P8I or C-17....you never know what is going to be stripped. Just a month ago, India didnt get military grade GPS for C-130J as we are not a signatory of CISMOA. what will happen to GPS guided bombs??....what will happen to all that is GPS guided.

We were ok for C-17 which just need GPS to land, but not for f-18!!

That gps guided bomb means cismoa and american satalite and we never can replace american satalite with our own in future. America can access our communication data, mission, target etc and can prevent a strike if they don't want india to do. Cismoa standard means bringing all our com frequency to american standard because it's difficult to maintain different standards and that means all platforms and vulnerable to american spys. Correct me if im wrong.

It will be EF or Rafael..for sure..
IAF doesn't need those downgraded fighters..
If this news is true then i would be very very happy...

Back
Top Bottom