What's new

IAF Shows reservation in operating American fighter Jets

It gonna be Gripen.:cheers:

the low costcost, lethal , gap filling fighter with amazing capabilities and has clearly cleared the Leh trials unlike others. :cheers:

US pressure, UK pressure, French pressure.. choose Gripen and its a pressure reliever..:police:

+ less cost in procurement and maintaince.

Common engine with LCA

Complete ToT

Full production facility shifted to India.. we can even make and sell to others according to them,

JV with TATA for next Gen fighter.

That gps guided bomb means cismoa and american satalite and we never can replace american satalite with our own in future. America can access our communication data, mission, target etc and can prevent a strike if they don't want india to do. Cismoa standard means bringing all our com frequency to american standard because it's difficult to maintain different standards and that means all platforms and vulnerable to american spys. Correct me if im wrong.
So you mean to say we need sign it. Am I correct?

adding to the list..F414 engine for LCA..

is now there a difference...?

LCA engine doesn't have communication systems, EW and need not to be inspected by US official., so there are still huge differences between the two.

Cismoa? Can anyone explain why India wouldn't want to sign it. In a future conflict, where both nations have to join hands and fight together wouldn't this be a force multiplier? I think India is a little too uptight, just make clauses in any future contracts that address your concerns. i am sure if it is reasonable, the US will take notice...

Indians think they dont want to fight US wars!

But for a Jet it matters Gubbi....not for a P8I or C-17....you never know what is going to be stripped. Just a month ago, India didnt get military grade GPS for C-130J as we are not a signatory of CISMOA. what will happen to GPS guided bombs??....what will happen to all that is GPS guided.

We were ok for C-17 which just need GPS to land, but not for f-18!!

That gps guided bomb means cismoa and american satalite and we never can replace american satalite with our own in future. America can access our communication data, mission, target etc and can prevent a strike if they don't want india to do. Cismoa standard means bringing all our com frequency to american standard because it's difficult to maintain different standards and that means all platforms and vulnerable to american spys. Correct me if im wrong.

Sorry, but you both seem to be wrong. CISMOA has nothing to do with GPS or GPS guided munitions, or even overall fighter aircrafts for IAF.

There happens to be much misconception about CISMOA due to erroneous reporting, either due to ignorance or due to special interests..

Read this:
What is CISMOA?

"The Communication Interoperability and Security Memorandum of Agreement or “CISMoA” is another facet of bureaucratic and sometimes political attributes of doing business and allying with the United States. The CISMoA should not be confused with the EULA which is a totally different agreement covering the use of systems purchased. The CISMoA provides guidance on how the systems will function with other systems. "

The CISMoA attempts to facilitate agreements on how each nation’s radios will communicate with each other effectively. For example, India troops may want to call in an air strike with U.S. air assets, this will require Indian ground radios to be compatible with U.S. strike aircraft radios to include encryption. Likewise, U.S. Special Ops may want to call in Indian long range artillery. The U.S. SpecOps on the ground will need their radios to communicate with Indian ground based artillery batteries.

This article explains what CISMOA is all about. Inshort, IAF needs to have the special equipment which US forces/aircraft have to be able to work with US forces. That kind of equipment should be present not only in fighter aircraft but also other types of aircraft like P8I or C-17 or C-130s to be able to work effectively with US forces.

IAF thinktanks have concluded that IAF does NOT need to work or integrate comm equipment with US forces, so IAF doesnt need such equipment from US. That is why IAF & MoD is not willing to sign CISMOA. Hope this clears the confusion about CISMOA.

As for articles such as these, pay no heed.

Very interesting discussion. Having a true hi-tech base needs local R&D in home countries in order to avoid restrictions. US is trying to protect their technology so it is not passed on to the Soviets or Iranians for lucrative offers in return.

But the fact is, its not the "IAF' which signs deals, but its the Government.
But IAF has to give Go Ahead sign to Government to sign the agreement..
AND IAF doesn't need an Inter-operability with USAF.
Bcoz IAF is buying the War-planes,and they don't want any Stripped down planes

:disagree:, AESA development has gone nowhere that's why they are searching for an international partner, last reports talks about EADS, or ELTA.
EWS is not developed completelly by DRDO, only parts, the Mayavi EWS for LCA was developed mainly by Israelis, Astra not developed and as I said in the MMRCA thread good as a low cost addition to more capable Russian and western missiles, which anti ship missile did we develop? And the fact that we have NAG and still buying US anti tank missiles should tell you something.
And that are only the parts, as a fighter itself, LCA MK2 might come close to Gripen NG, but will still clearly be inferior to Rafale, or EF.

what difference it make if DRDO developed these systems of their own or with partnership...

does such arguments makes Rafale or EF superior ?

So you mean to say we need sign it. Am I correct?

I mean to say..with cismoa all above problems, with out cismoa we only will get downgraded com, can't use gps guided bombs and who knows what all can't be accessed..so why go for such deep ****..? Forget american unless there is no comparable systems available. Here we got other jets in performance and in package..go for typhoon if we need that much or else rafale or else as a cheaper option gripen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom