What's new

IAF Shows reservation in operating American fighter Jets

coming next few years india will have their own EW , A2A missle , radar and other subsystems on board.......

what makes EF or Rafale so speacial then to keep talking about them only....?

its the TOT dear sir. source codes of the redar falls in TOT. US aircrafts will not come with source codes of its AESA radar.

with source codes, you can integrate indian or other missiles, bombs, etc. but with out the codes, you can not.

We've gone through detailed comparisons before but I'll give you the gist.
Rafale is a better choice because
AESA available with source codes
Single vendor
Good experience with Mirage 2K
Deep TOT
Naval Version already available

you forgot the unique aerodynamic design which reduces RCS.

avionics, EW , A2A missle , radar and other subsystems are all build in india , looking at LCA progress.......

EF or Rafale will not offer anything beyond that india didn't already have.....what's the logic of buying any of these two at a cost 3-4 time more then LCA..?

only the amarican Fighter could bring something new and over a lap forward interms of technology..

and what tech are you talking about?

look buddy F/A 18 E/F is no doubt a combat proven aircraft but when it comes to cismoa,euma ,bla bla bla..These make it a wet ***** even in front of gripenNG. We talking about 126 aircraft or say 200aircrafts here ,and why the heck IAF WANTS AMERICANS TO SNOOP,WHERE WE PLACED THEM,HOW WE USING IT . Now Rafale fanboys did you remember how france asked UAE to pay from their noses for upgradation like Radar,engine thrust and avonics,do you think they going to let go India For free without paying for extra candies huh ?? Not gonna mention how expensive its weapon are..hope you guys also read my 1st post to benny and decide yourself ,where am wrong .

and what tech are you talking about?
only advantage i see is MATURE AESA RADAR..but that advantage will vanish in 5 years when others catch up..so should we buy a fighter jet for 5 years..especialy when we have a tradition of over stretching our fighters beyond their operational period.

EuroFighter IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR IAF AND IF RAFALE Provides free upgradation than Rafale. If super Horny provides block 3 upgradition without any strings then its best choice for IAF...

only advantage i see is MATURE AESA RADAR..but that advantage will vanish in 5 years when others catch up..so should we buy a fighter jet for 5 years..especialy when we have a tradition of over stretching our fighters beyond their operational period.

thats true. that is my point also. somewhere in between 2-5 years, european aircrafts will surely have operational AESA too.

IMO we need to go through the basic minimum requirements set out by the IAF in RFP. then only we can compare the aircrafts. otherwise, i believe, we are just favouring the aircraft which we personally like the most.

Last edited:
But we cant simply ignore Gripen NG DUE L1 AND CHEAP MAINTAENCE RESPECTIVE TO OTHERS WITH FULL TOT.

EuroFighter IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR IAF AND IF RAFALE Provides free upgradation than Rafale. If super Horny provides block 3 upgradition without any strings then its best choice for IAF...

:cheesy: ghantiya bajao bhaiya...

free upgrades from french??? unbelievable.

SH without any strings??? CISMOA will be there if IAF do not want any strip-down version of the aircraft.

Then forget about the Apache gunship! .

We are not asking for TOT in Apache are we??. and how many Apache we are buying?, 26? and you want to compare that with 126 F-18? When 1. you dont have guarantee for full TOT 2. and second you get stripped down planes. Whats the gain?...Apache has a fire control radar where we dont need a source code, and its not an AESA, it has hell fire missiles and we dont need the source code too. And Apache is not just a offensive equipement, but also helps in peace keeping and helps humanatarian purposes, dismount the guns and the missiles you can use it for other purposes too. F-18 whats the use it has apart from fighting?...multiple things to compare here...

If we are buying American platforms, then it must follow that we see some benefit in such an action.

Benifit like what?, and what will we loose if we go for Mig, Saab, EFT and Dassult?...

Strip a P8I & what do you get? Nothing! India could buy any aircraft then.

So what did they strip in a P8I and what did we do to ccompensate that??....and how many times have you see IAF crying over a stripped P8I. and compare it with F-18 or 16.

For reasons that I have stated earlier, i think that F-18 stands a very good chance in the competition, not least because of the engine commonalities with the LCA. Do you think the LCA engine contract was handed out in a vacuum?

The same could be told for Gripen too!!!...and moreover GE's bid was lower, Eurojet's alleged forging the bid and engine commonality with GE-F404 was the main reason for GE winning the bid. So it doesnt ment that just because its American it was selected.

If either EF or Rafale win, then we would have just added to our engine inventory. The choice of the American engine says quite a bit of where this competition is heading.

Sensible comment but not complete....Engine commonality can be achived in multiple ways too, I can say Engine and airframe commonality with Rafale....but thats not what we are talking about.

What I am talking abt is, how much IAF will pay when , if at all if it selects F-18, thats more important and has a linkage to Indo-US policy and security and bargain. Than saying just because LCA has GE-F414, MRCA will go to F-18..

Are we so certain and trusting US so much??, We havnt recovered from the plague by putting all of our equipement in Russian basket, and we are going to do the same putting all in American basket??...

Sensible?

Last edited:
Anyone will understand that basic facts are against going for US fighters are below 1%.

Rafale will win for sure.

Kuwaiti-MPs-seek-to-block-Rafale-sale.jpg

RafaleM.png

Hope your words become true :smitten:

Cismoa? Can anyone explain why India wouldn't want to sign it. In a future conflict, where both nations have to join hands and fight together wouldn't this be a force multiplier? I think India is a little too uptight, just make clauses in any future contracts that address your concerns. i am sure if it is reasonable, the US will take notice...

Back
Top Bottom