What's new

IAF losing edge over PAF:Military Intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F22 raptor is also not battle tested. hence f16>f22?

Well my dear, the PAF certainly doesn't have the F-22 in it's inventory and I am certain it's not in the pipeline for the IAF.

We are talking IAF Vis A Vis PAF here.

Well my dear, the PAF certainly doesn't have the F-22 in it's inventory and I am certain it's not in the pipeline for the IAF.

We are talking IAF Vis A Vis PAF here.

my point is, just bcos an aircraft is new and not battletested, does not make it less capable, such as F22

Yeah right, Pakistan's Godfather America praising its air force. Why wouldn't they though, back in the days Pakistan Air Force mostly flew American jets. Imagine how stupid they' d look if they said, nah these pilots are incompetent, they can't fly american made fighter planes.

Besides there are similar "quotes" about Indian Air Force too. I mean I understand all the machismo and what not, defence forces thrive on that kind of stuff, but don't let such things push you into delusion!

Yeah right, Pakistan's Godfather America praising its air force. Why wouldn't they though, back in the days Pakistan Air Force mostly flew American jets. Imagine how stupid they' d look if they said, nah these pilots are incompetent, they can't fly american made fighter planes.

Besides there are similar "quotes" about Indian Air Force too. I mean I understand all the machismo and what not, defence forces thrive on that kind of stuff, but don't let such things push you into delusion!

Some quotes were from famous Chuck Yeager..
He was totally p!$$ed off with India after Admiral Prakash ( then. Lt. ) destroyed his Beechcraft aircraft during a raid on Ckacklala..He was so furious that he shot a telegram to whitehouse demanding US retaliation against India.. He believed that his aircraft was destroyed on purpose on the direct order of Indira..:lol:

This is a temporary low that IAF will hit...we all are well aware of that...its a long eterm plan keeping China in mind but after that, the gap between PAF and IAF will be much larger than ever. so dont disagree with the writer that the gap will decrease...but he failed to mention what happens next.

Well, will ask Dhoni or Sachin once they are done thru tweeter..

well.....there will be crying...and dumping... depends upon the situations,

wanna more budget, praise it.... and for discovery/history channel stories dump the crappy soviet machine..

Im sure flight lt Sachin has a long and glorious record of flying .. he plays cricket as a hobby then?? that is spending too much time on your hobby.

As far as dissing the crappy soviet machine.. I found his views very balanced.. if only for the french did he show bias..
The fact is.. his praise for the F-22 is not unfounded..it is a beast which as of yet as only aspiring competitors..nothing more.
you would want sources and sources.. so ill leave the PAF's experience with the F-22 out.

First TVC is not Cobra where you stall in the air always..!!
Ask yourself, if it was such an advantage, then apart from the F-22, which other Western aircraft went for the TVC
And F-16 is a wonderful machine ....agreed. But it always fought with force multiplier and BVR in their side most of the time.
Does Beka Valley ring any bells. !!
No F-16, F-15 faced any Migs which is BVR capable till date..!!
Well in that case, it's a double edge sword since MKIs will also encounter the BVRs
And Su-27 seen conflicts in Georgia - Russian conflict in A2G role and A2A in Ethopia - Eritrea war.
Last time I mentioned SU-27, an Indian member went berserk for insulting the MKI, anyways, the example you quoted don't exactly serve justice to modern day air war scenario, do they now.

my point is, just bcos an aircraft is new and not battletested, does not make it less capable, such as F22

Well if you must bring F-22 into equation, it also has certain other features and advantages that don't feature in other toys,
Stealth and Supercruise amongst others.

Exercise with Typhoons, F-15s, Rafales or F-22s all you want, the term, boards don't hit back comes to mind,
Let's leave out the Mirages and early Migs out, in modern warfare, The F-16 designated aircraft is a battle tested and proven weapon system with an awesome record under it's belt, the likes of the MKIs have never seen any battle, as for TVC and similar tactics, it's a well documented fact that during a dogfight, the last thing you want is to loose energy and just hang in the air, such tactics may make your peruser to overshoot, but for anyone else out there, you are just a sitting duck.

Booooooooo....

F16 have never faced Indian/Russian Migs.. They all fought against 3rd world country MiGs..
F-16 Fighting Falcon operational history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Su30MKI: test it... you will come to know why it is called F22 of Asia... :P

@Maneuver: I think Pilots are right person to talk bout it... :)

There is no official statement given by any pak authority it was just a fan boys dream
:what:

Is there any source for such claims?
Yes a youtube video lol hahahaha

BBC NEWS | South Asia | India 'entered Pakistan airspace'
Pakistan Protests Airspace Violation, India Cancels Cricket Tour « CHUP! – Changing Up Pakistan

and for:

You know after reading this I realized how big a mistake it is to reply to your posts...........
ps: If you had cared to go through all the quotes you woud've found that they are not all american by any means......you know what give me a little time I have some books written by Israeli and Indian air force personnel. They have some interesting things to say about the PAF as well. Ill scan and upload them. But even that isnt going to help you admit anything would it?????:rolleyes:

Are the MiG-29 SMT aircrafts and Mirage 2000-5 aircrafts good enough in terms of RADAR ranges and capabilities when compared to F-16 and MKI?
In a war scenario(hypothetical) the MiG-29's will be first to get near the LoC right?So,can they do the role of a smaller AWACS and guide BVR missiles from Bison's inventory?Or does this require the Phalcon to guide it?

"Syrian MiG-23s managed to shoot down at least five F-16s, two F-4Es, and a BQM-34 unmanned reconnaissance plane" Quote from wikipedia..

When Syrian MiGs can bring down Israeli?Ameriki F16, imagine what Russian and Indian MiGs can do....

Booooooooo....

F16 have never faced Indian/Russian Migs.. They all fought against 3rd world country MiGs..
F-16 Fighting Falcon operational history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Su30MKI: test it... you will come to know why it is called F22 of Asia... :P

@Maneuver: I think Pilots are right person to talk bout it... :)

Whats a third country Mig??
Arent the Migs Russian in the first place..
if you are alluding to downgraded systems..
I suppose the Yugoslav migs were downgraded as well?
and the Iraqi ones..

Or the East german migs that were tested again and again..

The MKI the F-22 of Asia?..
please.. there is a limit to being jingoistic.
Its a great plane.. there is no doubting that.. those that do are idiots.. but it isnt a complete game changer..

Well.. the col in the much hated by Indians video was one very experienced pilot.
But he boo boo'ed the MKI. how dare he..
Im starting to agree with Xeric....

Are the MiG-29 SMT aircrafts and Mirage 2000-5 aircrafts good enough in terms of RADAR ranges and capabilities when compared to F-16 and MKI?
In a war scenario(hypothetical) the MiG-29's will be first to get near the LoC right?So,can they do the role of a smaller AWACS and guide BVR missiles from Bison's inventory?Or does this require the Phalcon to guide it?

Mirage 2000 is ground attack fighter, So it is not comparable to F16, but don't forget that same M2000(greek) brought down Turk's F16...

MiG29 SMT is neck to neck comparable to F16, Infact MiG29 was made to challenge F16... In close fight MiG29 will have edge, in BVR (American environment) F16 will have edge...

I WILL suggest you to watch a documentary on MiG29 (Made by American and East germans), The german and American claim MiG29 was far more superior than F16 (their words, not mine)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom