What's new

IAF losing edge over PAF:Military Intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill just throw this out at you: http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...tan-air-force-international-media-quotes.html

Now back to the topic:

Well reportedly General.Kayani showed a picture of the MKI locked on an F-16's hud to his US counterpart, on his visit to Pakistan shortly after the incident.

No there is none. But that is the point. There is no need for a 'stat-to-stat' match up. But nonetheless the IAF is still superior to PAF when it comes to inventory without a doubt.

Though I completely agree with your first two points but I also heard a USAF personnel saying that the Indian pilots were a little too eager to use the TVC and when they did they 'dropped like a brick', as Santro has stated, and that is when the F-16s were able to capitalize and go for the kill.

There is no official statement given by any pak authority it was just a fan boys dream

Well reportedly General.Kayani showed a picture of the MKI locked on an F-16's hud to his US counterpart, on his visit to Pakistan shortly after the incident.
:what:

Is there any source for such claims?

It's been a dream of IAF to have complete air superiority over Pak skies in case of a conflict! This is the only way they can mount a real offensive strike on land.
However with JF-17 maturing and quickly filling the inventory, new Block 52's , hopefully J-10's and new stealth version of jf-17 as per few articles; PAF will be a thorn.

Although i agree PAF may not be as good as IAF (quantity and quality) wise but definitely capable enough to push IAF out and shield our assets on the ground. And at the end of day , this is what matters.

inshallah i mwaitng for stealth verson of jf-17 which will be better than mki abt which indians bragging

Always a wrong perception....

TVC is not all about cobra and post stall, that is for air shows...

There are a lot of other benefits in visual range fight, simply because of it can turn good than other fighters..

Once I read a SaAF F-16 pilot's article where he says, whenever they suppose to get an edge over MKI in the exercises, they just switch to TVC and gone..!!

When it does turn better.. it ends up creating massive drag.. dropping like a rock..
again.. Id take the word of a demonized USAF colonel anyday..
But then again.. considering the crying that was done on his.. briefing.. it seems ill invite the same here.

I dont agree with the article.
IAf has the capability over PAf now.
This article articultes the idea of generating more funds for their projects. One More thing i would like to add is IAF plays a waiting and pressurizing PAf to invest all their money in 4 generation planes and then they will come up with huge investments in purchasing 5 generation planes to build pressure to PAf. This strategy helps them to force pakistan to start purchasing their planes again after indian acquiring of 5 Generations planes, this will cause a huge burden in PAf budget and starts hue and cry in civil government b/c all those money which will allocated for PAf will come through from the civil allocated budget and then a huge pressure on our economy. The same strategy that US plays with USSR in cold war and suddenly USSR collapse.
WE pakistanis has to develop our economy to fight those strategies and to maintain the balance otherwise we should ready To Call IAF, IA and RAW "SiR Tussi great ho".
Build Our economy otherwise India will treat us the way US did and we have habit of doing that so why not Indians.

mate,,,thats the first intellegent post i have read in a very long time....ur bang on the money with what ur thinking and i think the same way as well...yaar money will always speak more than the bullet and even to buy a bullet u will need money....money will get u guards as well...once u have money u will get power as well..

india is a very large country but still fearing a small nation? Hahaha

Exercise with Typhoons, F-15s, Rafales or F-22s all you want, the term, boards don't hit back comes to mind,
Let's leave out the Mirages and early Migs out, in modern warfare, The F-16 designated aircraft is a battle tested and proven weapon system with an awesome record under it's belt, the likes of the MKIs have never seen any battle, as for TVC and similar tactics, it's a well documented fact that during a dogfight, the last thing you want is to loose energy and just hang in the air, such tactics may make your peruser to overshoot, but for anyone else out there, you are just a sitting duck.

=Santro;1690703] it ends up creating massive drag.. dropping like a rock..

Well, will ask Dhoni or Sachin once they are done thru tweeter..

again.. Id take the word of a demonized USAF colonel anyday..
But then again.. considering the crying that was done on his.. briefing.. it seems ill invite the same here.

well.....there will be crying...and dumping... depends upon the situations,

wanna more budget, praise it.... and for discovery/history channel stories dump the crappy soviet machine..

Exercise with Typhoons, F-15s, Rafales or F-22s all you want, the term, boards don't hit back comes to mind,
Let's leave out the Mirages and early Migs out, in modern warfare, The F-16 designated aircraft is a battle tested and proven weapon system with an awesome record under it's belt, the likes of the MKIs have never seen any battle, as for TVC and similar tactics, it's a well documented fact that during a dogfight, the last thing you want is to loose energy and just hang in the air, such tactics may make your peruser to overshoot, but for anyone else out there, you are just a sitting duck.

F22 raptor is also not battle tested. hence f16>f22?

First TVC is not Cobra where you stall in the air always..!!

And F-16 is a wonderful machine ....agreed. But it always fought with force multiplier and BVR in their side most of the time.

No F-16, F-15 faced any Migs which is BVR capable till date..!!

And Su-27 seen conflicts in Georgia - Russian conflict in A2G role and A2A in Ethopia - Eritrea war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom