What's new

IAF commits to 324 Tejas fighters, provided a good Mark-II jet is delivered

Hi,

That is-----200 miles combat radius---:o::o::o::o::o::o: @GURU DUTT ---eh ki hoya---+ 3 ton weapons carrying capacity.

And I am here cursing the Paf for their 600-750 miles combat radius + 4.5 tons weapons carrying capacity for their JF17's---.

So---the 201 " new fighters " could basically be the F16 or the Grippen---.

Now that tells you---how obsolete the design and the frame of the Teja is---regardless of what has been done to the EW package---.

You know that I have never ever criticized Teja technically---other than a couple of times that I have made a joke or so---.

But the truth to the matter is---time is the enemy of any and every project---. A product needs to be completed or rejected in a certain minimum time frame--otherwise---the end product is never a viable product---.

No---don't get me on " we have learnt a lot from it mantra "---because all that has been learnt from it is----. I won't say---because I don't want you to correct your mistake.
Tejas payload is more than that of JF 17... Combat radius of LCA quoted is with full load without external fuel tanks... LCA carry more internal fuel than JF 17with a better efficient engine... LCA design is more advanced than JF17...

Why are you defending something that your professionals are saying is useless. Accept tejas is crap. Start again and move on. Why are you Indians so stupid

the answer maybe just massaging the ego. Too much time, money and resources have been put into this program and to see it go to dust will definitely be a hard thing to witness for many involved in this project. Imagine all that sunk costs. They also need present some achievement to the Indian masses to further hammer home that they are indeed a great nation now. Hence, you would not see the Tejas going anywhere despite IAF not wanting it.

Tejas payload is more than that of JF 17... Combat radius of LCA quoted is with full load without external fuel tanks... LCA carry more internal fuel than JF 17with a better efficient engine... LCA design is more advanced than JF17...

yes tejas is perfect and that's why the article says no one wants the crap
1 hr flying time loooooooool

Hahaha along with "Nikki Haley" LOL

Pathetic.

I hope India does make all these Tejas. It will ensure the safety and security of its neighbors. So kind of India.

Au contraire, my man. We will happily accept Nikki Haley types, the great contributors to our nation over what you send us

Akayed-Ullah-NYC-subway-bomber-December-11-2017-640x480.jpg

The induction of 324 Tejas fighter jets will make up for the IAF's depleting number of squadron strength.
668002-tejas-1.jpg

New Delhi: After being critical of the Tejas fighter jets for several years, the Indian Air Force (IAF)has now agreed to induct as many as 324 indigenously developed light combat aircraft (LCA), reports said on Thursday.

The induction of 324 Tejas fighter jets will make up for the IAF's depleting number of squadron strength.

The IAF has, for years, maintained that the Tejas fighters are not combat-ready even after three decades of development given its limited range.

However, the Indian Air Force has now committed to buy at least123 Tejas fighter jets at the cost of Rs 75,000 crore from the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
The IAF, however, demands that the Tejas Mark II jets should be entirely “new fighters” with “better avionics, radars, enhanced weapons carrying capacity and powerful engines”.

“The Tejas Mark-II is still on the drawing board. But if DRDO, Aeronautical Development Agency and Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd deliver the required Mark-II fighter, IAF has agreed to have a total of 18 Tejas squadrons,” a highly-placed source was quoted as saying by the Times of India.

According to report, the IAF has already issued the request for proposal (RFP) to the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the acquisition of 83 fighters which are scheduled to join the IAF from 2019-20 after completion of Final Operational Clearance (FOC) contract for 20 Tejas jests.

The existing single-engine Tejas has limited “endurance” of just an hour, with a “radius of action” of only 350-400-km and weapon-carrying capacity of 3-tonne. While the other single-engine fighters such as Swedish Gripen-E have triple the endurance and double the weapon-carrying capacity.

IAF's readiness to buy more LCA jets is based on its assessment that buying and inducting expensive foreign fighters “in large numbers” is simply not an option.

This comes after a series of recent top-level meetings in South Block during which Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that government is “not ditching” the home-grown Tejas and “putting all its energies” into ensuring the fighter is delivered at a much faster pace.

Being critical of the fighter jets, the IAF had said, “Tejas, which has just about 50% of the capabilities of an F-16 or Gripen in terms of endurance, payload etc, will have to fly under the protection of other fighters during conflicts.”

The IAF has earlier reportedly informed the Centre that Tejas - India’s first domestically designed and produced light fighter aircraft – has several deficiencies and lags behind its foreign competitors like the JAS-39 Gripen.
In July 2017, the IAF inducted the first squadron of home-grown Tejas with two fighter planes joining the force. The squadron named – Flying Daggers 45 – is expected to have its full strength by 2018-2020. However, the IAF was not eager to expand its Tejas unit.
http://zeenews.india.com/india/iaf-...oped-light-combat-aircraft-tejas-2089718.html

yes tejas is perfect and that's why the article says no one wants the crap
1 hr flying time loooooooool
JF17 is not better at all... But it is your one and only hope now... Revealing the reality will be suicidal for PAF... Our case is different... Our millitary establishments are more transparent...

Hi,

That is-----200 miles combat radius---:o::o::o::o::o::o: @GURU DUTT ---eh ki hoya---+ 3 ton weapons carrying capacity.

And I am here cursing the Paf for their 600-750 miles combat radius + 4.5 tons weapons carrying capacity for their JF17's---.

So---the 201 " new fighters " could basically be the F16 or the Grippen---.

Now that tells you---how obsolete the design and the frame of the Teja is---regardless of what has been done to the EW package---.

You know that I have never ever criticized Teja technically---other than a couple of times that I have made a joke or so---.

But the truth to the matter is---time is the enemy of any and every project---. A product needs to be completed or rejected in a certain minimum time frame--otherwise---the end product is never a viable product---.

No---don't get me on " we have learnt a lot from it mantra "---because all that has been learnt from it is----. I won't say---because I don't want you to correct your mistake.
You're supposed to be one of the experts.
Why be a troll!
Do you seriously believe that these numbers are under the same scenarios?
500km for Tejas is the 'worst' case combat radius.
Remarkable that you think that JF17 of the same class would be more than thrice better with a worse airframe and a tincan engine.

Congrats on attracting the troll bees because that's the only logical thing about your post. Now don't come at me claiming that Tejas is a composite block and JF17 is a metal arrow and this drag changes everything.

Maybe instead you should take this time to request Pak-Chinese authorities to stop claiming an optimistic ferry range as combat radius to fool your people.

JF17 is not better at all... But it is your one and only hope now... Revealing the reality will be suicidal for PAF... Our case is different... Our millitary establishments are more transparent...
No tejas is a 7th gen supa dupa. Induct more

Why 6 in 12 years?

Why did the Pak JF17 pull out of the airshow when they learned the Tejas was coming as an entry?

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/breaking-news-pak-will-not-send-their-jf17s-to-bahrain.418848/

:disagree::lol::lol::lol:

Repeated sources of information categorically state the performance of the Tejas is incredibly poor snd this justifies the indian navy snd militaries refusal to accept the plane

It was only the indian government that has forced the plane onto the military and now they are simply saying that the piss poor performance of the Tejas either has to radically change or no sale

Whats too difficult about this to understand and your "American:rofl:" response to this is to bring up a an alleged issue over participation in a middle eastern air show 5 years ago???????

Being critical of the fighter jets, the IAF had said, “Tejas, which has just about 50% of the capabilities of an F-16 or Gripen in terms of endurance, payload etc, will have to fly under the protection of other fighters during conflicts.”

The indians will have to buy better foreign fighters to protect the Tejas in conflict:o::disagree::lol:
According to the IAF

Come on indians even you clowns cant be this blind

the funny and incredibly unbelievable fact is that the Indian IQ challenged crowd still praise this little piss of a fighter. I mean how blind do you have to be to do that?

"IAF commits to 324 Tejas fighters, provided a good Mark-II jet is delivered"

Who wanna bet that IAF will actually order 324? That word "provided" is a give away. :D

the funny and incredibly unbelievable fact is that the Indian IQ challenged crowd still praise this little piss of a fighter. I mean how blind do you have to be to do that?

Funny it is coming from a Bangladeshi who's air force is made of 70% 3rd Generation Chinese junk called as F-7 which doesn't have half the thing which LCA-Tejas has in it .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom