What's new

IAC-1 to be floated on August 12 : Cochin Shipyard

buddyboyyash

Reaction score
Country
India
In a recent Interview which appeared in “The Hindu” Commodore K. Subramaniam, Chairman and Managing Director of Cochin Shipyard has informed that Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) -1 of the Indian Navy will be floated on August 12 by the Union Defence Minister A. K. Antony.

It will be taken to the repair dock for installing ski-jump on the vessel after which weapon systems and trials would be held.first ship of the class INS Vikrant will displace about 40,000 metric tons (39,000 long tons), be 262 metres (860 ft) long and have a tailored air group of up to thirty aircraft.

lead Vikrant class carrier (IAC-I) features a STOBAR (Short Take-Off But Arrested Recovery) configuration with a ski-jump. The deck is designed to enable aircraft such as the MiG-29 to operate from the carrier. It will deploy up to 20 fixed-wing aircraft, primarily the Mikoyan MiG-29K and the naval variant of the HAL Tejas Mark 2, besides carrying 10 Kamov Ka-31 or Westland Sea King helicopters.

http://idrw.org/?p=23515

Does that mean everything except the ski jump has been built ?

i guess ski jump and weapon systems are left out...electronic systems may also be left but not sure

this article only says about installing ski jump and then directly going to weapon system trials .....

this article only says about installing ski jump and then directly going to weapon system trials .....

i jumped with joy when i read it for the first time coz i thot it will be completed before the deadline....then realised....who the f*#? will do the harbour trials and sea trials and loads of things before weapon trials

We need bigger carrier that can carry specialized Naval AEW aircraft like hawkeye,not AEW helicopters.

No wonder. The other day in Google Maps, it shows tugs pulling the structure. While in the bing version it was in dry dock. This is like more than 10-15 days back. So work had already started.

No wonder. The other day in Google Maps, it shows tugs pulling the structure. While in the bing version it was in dry dock. This is like more than 10-15 days back. So work had already started.
How often is google maps updated ? i remember IAC going back to dry dock around feb :\

My waiting going so long . I am despertaly waiting its date of induction.

In a recent Interview which appeared in “The Hindu” Commodore K. Subramaniam, Chairman and Managing Director of Cochin Shipyard has informed that Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) -1 of the Indian Navy will be floated on August 12 by the Union Defence Minister A. K. Antony.

It will be taken to the repair dock for installing ski-jump on the vessel after which weapon systems and trials would be held.first ship of the class INS Vikrant will displace about 40,000 metric tons (39,000 long tons), be 262 metres (860 ft) long and have a tailored air group of up to thirty aircraft.

lead Vikrant class carrier (IAC-I) features a STOBAR (Short Take-Off But Arrested Recovery) configuration with a ski-jump. The deck is designed to enable aircraft such as the MiG-29 to operate from the carrier. It will deploy up to 20 fixed-wing aircraft, primarily the Mikoyan MiG-29K and the naval variant of the HAL Tejas Mark 2, besides carrying 10 Kamov Ka-31 or Westland Sea King helicopters.

IAC-1 to be floated on August 12 : Cochin Shipyard | idrw.org

We need bigger carrier that can carry specialized Naval AEW aircraft like hawkeye,not AEW helicopters.

IAC 1 is already much much bigger than planned!

Apart from that its our very first carrier, so dont expect a super carrier ;)

There is much more missing... I think that the bridge has not been installed as well.

The conning tower is built separately from the ship and then later installed ...The bridge is usually deep inside the hull of the ship from what i am aware off...

so am kinda hoping they have built the tower already and just waiting to install it...

Back
Top Bottom